View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

110 73.83%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    David Blaine seriously..!!!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    David Blaine seriously..!!!
    Is it really any different than the hype Verizon tries to create about their network?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    I really think this is going to be a service announcement. No clue what it could be but I don't think hardware will be seen here. I can't imagine they would announce someone's hardware after CES and before MWC
    Maybe voice and data, side by side at the same time on the type of network they use. That would be an industry first right?

I really don't have a clue what it could be and don't want to go down the path of Sprint 2 year contracts for web connected toasters. Oh wait, sry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Industry first is the curve ball and the real question is it marketing or good old innovation. Either way it has me interested. I knew sprint was quite at CES for a good reason and now i guess we get to find out why. Maybe they were bought by HP
    That's got my vote.
    david makes things disapear. I'm thinking the extra price of 4g will be disapearing and sprints new lineup of 4g phones will be there. Also I think it's posible we will see a palm phone. This could be a response to what verizon just did with the iphone. Sprint prob called palm and said look Verizon just f'd us we need to do something also to get some people to want to wait and see what's coming. Palm was like ok show the phone and hint on our tablet then palm will go more in depth during their big show and prob talk about the future of palms devices. I think we forgot that palm plans on having a device like every few months
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    more like..David Blaine? seriously?
    Okay. Who is David Blaine?
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    If they are really announcing hardware such as a tablet or smartphone then we can pretty much forget about any new webOS device being launched on Sprint. If Sprint is going to undercut any HP announcement like that we can assume their relationship is officially tanked.
    I completely agree with you. I seriously hope that this is an announcement about their networks or something not hardware-related. I can't really fathom Sprint wanting to spoil HPalm's event, so I've got zero guesses as to what this event may be about.

If it makes anyone feel better, think of it this way: HPalm and Sprint are businesses, not estranged lovers. There's really no incentive for either party to purposely interfere with and undermine the other's events (like what Nokia did with HTC's london event), because they're not competitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Is it really any different than the hype Verizon tries to create about their network?
    No.
    I would have gone with the T-mobile chick type of advert
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I cant imagine that would go over well with Verizon. They just got the iPhone and here comes Sprint saying that they can just buy that phone and activate it on the Sprint network even before Verizon sells their first iPhone.
    I don't think Sprint is too concerned about Verizon's feelings lol.
    Sprint promises 'industry first' at February 7th event -- Engadget

This makes me think whatever their big initiative is for this year, HP Palm isn't a big part of it since they don't announce until two days later.

OR...on the sunnier side, maybe it's something huge and unimaginable that stretches across devices and platforms, and they won't announce specific devices until MWC which happens a week later (doubtful).

What say you all?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    david makes things disapear. I'm thinking the extra price of 4g will be disapearing and sprints new lineup of 4g phones will be there. Also I think it's posible we will see a palm phone. This could be a response to what verizon just did with the iphone. Sprint prob called palm and said look Verizon just f'd us we need to do something also to get some people to want to wait and see what's coming. Palm was like ok show the phone and hint on our tablet then palm will go more in depth during their big show and prob talk about the future of palms devices. I think we forgot that palm plans on having a device like every few months
    I can't really see that happening (making the 4g addon dissapear), especially since it is really for "premium" 3G (thats why they charge it even if you never plan on using 4g or live in 4g area)

With the advent of the Super phones(fast processors and video chat capabilities); Verizon and ATT changed to tiered data plans for their 3g phones, and don't even come close to sprint's offering even with the 10$ add-on

I would not mind paying 10$ extra per month for a super high end android or webos phone for sprint even on 3G, as long as they stay away from tiered data plans.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I love webOS... I love Sprint. The choice is which do I love more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Industry first is the curve ball and the real question is it marketing or good old innovation. Either way it has me interested. I knew sprint was quite at CES for a good reason and now i guess we get to find out why. Maybe they were bought by HP
    Oooh... I *just* saw this. This is waaay out of left field but would certainly be HUGE and pretty awesome for so many reasons. However, with absolutely no rumors anywhere I doubt this will be the case.

What I think, and hope, may be possible, though, is for Sprint & HPalm to become BFF and build a super-tight ecosystem of devices. Remember, Apple once was looking to be the hardware/software provider AND the service provider too. Obviously that didn't work because AT&T and Verizon are big dogs. Sprint, however, is the perpetual little guy trying out different strategy to get noticed and grow. If HPalm makes a convincing case and prove that a tight partnership and webOS is capable of creating an industry-changing model...
    This is all part of the roll-olution.

1G=duckrolling
    2G=rickrolling
    3G=blainerolling

We will now all be getting idiotic Blaine video's in our emails...
    I see pandas.
    I can't post links because i haven't wrote enough comments in the forums, but guys look over to engadget. Sprint will hold a press event on february 7th... i think that is bad news for all of us who waited for a new sprint supported superphone
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Oooh... I *just* saw this. This is waaay out of left field but would certainly be HUGE and pretty awesome for so many reasons. However, with absolutely no rumors anywhere I doubt this will be the case.

What I think, and hope, may be possible, though, is for Sprint & HPalm to become BFF and build a super-tight ecosystem of devices. Remember, Apple once was looking to be the hardware/software provider AND the service provider too. Obviously that didn't work because AT&T and Verizon are big dogs. Sprint, however, is the perpetual little guy trying out different strategy to get noticed and grow. If HPalm makes a convincing case and prove that a tight partnership and webOS is capable of creating an industry-changing model...
    Maybe Sprint will be in partnership with HP, which would involve upgrading to a nationwide LTE network. Then they'll say "join us in two days as HP makes another pertinent announcement".
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    really? cmon guys. iphone4 w/ wimax. you heard it here first
    Or:
    1. There WiMax network magicly turned into a LTE network and all exsisting WinMax devices still works.
    2. Sprint's entire 3g network is switched to WinMax.
    3. A combination of the 3.
    in an effort to reward the dedication and loyalty of all the day one pre owners, Sprint is going to give the next generation webOS device to all the Pre minus owners for free...
    Well I'm glad Sprint is having its own event. Now all the people who said 'sprint is dead' hopefully know better just because a company doesn't release anything at CES.

Hopefully it does have some correlation to the HP announcement, there's no way it can't have a little bit to do with it. I mean, Feb 7 and Feb 9? That close to be coincidence? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    in an effort to reward the dedication and loyalty of all the day one pre owners, Sprint is going to give the next generation webOS device to all the Pre minus owners for free...
    Don't we all wish.
    Sprint Love
    <multiple threads merged>
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast