View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

    4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

    14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

    21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

    110 73.83%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 429
  1. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #361  
    At least Kyocera will now take the spot light away from the Palm pre 2 as failing before it even got started.
  2. #362  
    I thought Kyocera made fax machines and copiers...
  3. #364  
    Honestly the phone is a piece of crap.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  4. #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I thought Kyocera made fax machines and copiers...
    No, they specialize in quality high-end smartphones. Check it out:
    Kyocera - Cell Phones - View all Kyocera phones when you visit the Kyocera cellular phone showcase
  5. #366  
    wow yuck !!! turn it off please turn it off !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #367  
    I think Sprint just trolled us.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_deck View Post
    I understand the Verizon/iPhone hype. Apple owners would buy used toilet paper if it had the apple logo and was price at the top of the ladder. But this Sprint/Kyrocera anouncement can only mean one thing: No iPhone and no HPalm phone. They were booted from the big boy table and are trying to give off the illusion they are still relevant. It's all smoke and mirrors. I hope their books aren't.
    Hey... I only bought the used toilet paper once, but only because the soiled part looked lile Steve Jobs.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  8. #369  

    Hilarious!!!
  9. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, they specialize in quality high-end smartphones. Check it out:
    Kyocera - Cell Phones - View all Kyocera phones when you visit the Kyocera cellular phone showcase
    Tormenting me is one thing, but what have all the other posters in this thread done to deserve that?
  10. #371  
    BWAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for that. I borrowed it and stuck it up on the Sprint FB page.
  11. #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for that. I borrowed it and stuck it up on the Sprint FB page.
    No problem lol. I posted it earlier, if you scroll down that page, you'd see it. That wall has been getting a ton of posts though, so stuff gets buried quick.
  12. #373  
    Kyocera has made at least two smart phones that really impressed me. Of course the most recent one was in early 2005... so they may be counting a little bit too much on their reputation...

    Kyocera 7135 Review (Verizon Wireless) - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

    But hear me now and believe me later, the 7135 running PalmOS was way ahead of anything else, and I really liked that phone. At the time, it was an amazing phone.

    But today's buyer would probably not be quite as impressed as back then...
  13. #374  
    OMFG, just read this off hte Sprint FB fan page, funniest thing ive read in a very long time:

    "Yo Kyocera Echo i'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but the nintendo ds had the best dual screen build of all time!"
  14. eden922's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #375  


    thats how i feel about this announcement
  15. #376  
    is it surprising to anyone that this isn't on th front Page of PC? Did someone from PC go to the Sprint in hopes of getting a scoop about their plans for new Palm and HP hardware? Hopefully a sprint exec will have a few drinks and let a secret slip out tonight...
  16. #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is it surprising to anyone that this isn't on th front Page of PC? Did someone from PC go to the Sprint in hopes of getting a scoop about their plans for new Palm and HP hardware? Hopefully a sprint exec will have a few drinks and let a secret slip out tonight...
    I am as well but I think that its just really late for the editors (bedtime) right now unless it was truly groundbreaking WebOS info to get out of bed for.
  17. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    I am as well but I think that its just really late for the editors (bedtime) right now unless it was truly groundbreaking WebOS info to get out of bed for.
    If they aren't at the Sprint event, they are probably on their way to SFO already - and maybe a quick stop off at TI? That could be cool.

    I'm sure AndroidCentral is at the Sprint event, so they will have the most coverage of the new Kyocera "super" phone. But I hope someone with a heart for webOS will be there trying to uncover a webOS leak... just for our sprint members.
  18. #379  
    As much as the twittersphere is slamming the new Kyocera phone... I still think this concept shows something that would really be a hit if it could really leverage the idea of having a single large screen that can also be 2 or 3 separate screens. I can really get excited about how I would use this, and how this concept could be a home-run for H/Palm:

    http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/...ne-540x408.jpg
  19. SteveM626's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    As much as the twittersphere is slamming the new Kyocera phone... I still think this concept shows something that would really be a hit if it could really leverage the idea of having a single large screen that can also be 2 or 3 separate screens. I can really get excited about how I would use this, and how this concept could be a home-run for H/Palm:

    http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/...ne-540x408.jpg
    Dude that picture is awesome. I want a phone that folds like that!

Posting Permissions