View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

110 73.83%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    While the images in the article posted aren't of the actual device I still can't imagine how two seperate screens would work that well. More moving parts that break. Give me a solid slab and I'll be happy.
    How do you know that is not the actual device?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    How do you know that is not the actual device?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    because no one has photographed it, and the article says quite clearly at the end:

[Image courtesy of Engadget. Not indicative of the Kyocera Echo's design.]
    woundering if the OS was tweaked at all to support any type of different options using the dual screens, or is it just a android OS version with a option to have more realestate? To me though this is a much better option, then getting a 7 inch tablet.
    Is this thread going to be the location of all the information of the Sprint announcement or should a separate one be created? I feel like if that isn't determined soon (now) then there are just going to be floods of "Sprint Announcement" threads.

Maybe a mod could do something about that before it all happens.
    Sprint Love
    InfoSyncWorld and WSj had details up this morning saying it was going to be Honeycomb, but they also said it would be dual WVGA 3.5-inch screens, and the page on Sprint says they combine for 4.7 inches. So, it may be Gingerbread or Froyo.

Search Results

We'll see in a few hours.
    that is confusing though with two different screen size rumors, and OS's though they did announce honeycomb only for tablets, guess we'll have to wait and see. They also need to release this HTC Pro 7 too, microsoft is loosing ground not releasing it on CDMA carriers.
    The 4.7-inches combined isn't a rumor, though. It's pulled from Sprint's own site. Check the 'Search Results" link I posted above.

As for WP7...at this point, they should just announce a second generation of hardware and put the launch batch behind 'em.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I love the general thought, however for it to be worth while to me it'd need to not have a bezel around at least the side that are adjacent to each other, otherwise it doesn't flip out into a big tablet but rather simply two screens. That's "meh" to me. Sadly, I don't see the type of thing I want happening until screen tech almost eliminates the need for a bezel or the flexible screens become a consumer reality.
    yeah I saw that link in the other section too that someone posted about this. WP7 def should just release a 4G phone at this point since its taking them so long to release a device on Sprint and VZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I love the general thought, however for it to be worth while to me it'd need to not have a bezel around at least the side that are adjacent to each other, otherwise it doesn't flip out into a big tablet but rather simply two screens. That's "meh" to me. Sadly, I don't see the type of thing I want happening until screen tech almost eliminates the need for a bezel or the flexible screens become a consumer reality.
    Sprint is billing this as a phone, not a tablet, and I guess the primary utility is running different apps on each display, but I dunno...I think there are going to be a lot of unanswered questions, even after this presentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah I saw that link in the other section too that someone posted about this. WP7 def should just release a 4G phone at this point since its taking them so long to release a device on Sprint and VZ.
    Unfortunately, I get the feeling Sprint is going to announce the rebranded HTC 7 Pro (Arrive) tonight.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    The 3 plus comes from a question like this...

"How many phones will there be?"

"I can't tell you that"

"Would it be possible that both hands might be busy at this announcement?"

"Yes"
    I took this as you will be clapping not as devices
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Unfortunately, I get the feeling Sprint is going to announce the rebranded HTC 7 Pro (Arrive) tonight.
    yeah thats what I think too
    You can search for the Kyocera Echo on Sprint's site now:

Search Results

Engadget also posted about it:

Kyocera Echo leaks on Sprint's site -- Engadget
    Well if that's the "industry first", not too exciting. Kind of a fad/gimmick in my opinion.

I guess whatever gets their blood flowing. Hopefully they have webOS phones and not just that.
    Sprint Love
    I've seen a few posts about people saying this would be better then a 7" tab, or questioning the numbers.
    two 3.5" screens != one 7" screen. Just think about it, the 3.5" comes from the diagonal, to double the diagonal length of a screen you need to quadruple the amount of screen realestate.

I just did some simple math to show the actual screen dimensions:
    3.5" WVGA is 5x3 aspect ratio = dimensions of: 3 x 1.8

Double that on the length access and you get
    5x6 aspect ratio = dimensions of 3 x 3.6

This gives you a diagonal of 4.7"
    Last edited by rich_halvorson; 02/07/2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Original computed this using 16X9 instead of 5x3. Wasted the time to fix it even though I said I wasn't going to.
    Sprint | Coming Soon

when you try to go to the Kyocera Echo page...

if this is it (which its looking like it is) I'm very disappointed.
    Watching the event now. The first "big announcement" is indeed a Kyocera dual-touchscreen Android phone called the Echo. Yawn.
    Touchscreens are a fad.