View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

110 73.83%
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I'm mostly ****ed that we've waited so long for an appropriate replacement to the Pre- , I've been expecting a new HPalm something on Sprint.

Sprint is offering me one month free to renew 2-yr contract by 1/31 , and that would also avoid the new $10/month surcharge. 2 weeks ago they offered me $50 credit to renew. So they are worried customers like me will jump to ViPhone.

I would take a Pre2 if it were available.

Anyhow, the hopeful concept in my mind is that "industry 1st" on Feb 7th Sprint event is a WebOS2 HPalm phone, and HPalm will be happy to focus on slates on Feb 9th
    Yeah. After waiting for a new webOS device, the addition of the premium data charge, and reductions to Premier, I've started exploring other options in preparation for moving away from Sprint. I've ported my number to Google Voice and I'm trialing an Android phone on another carrier.

I miss the ease of switching between tasks with cards on WebOS and the Pre's keyboard style, but have been very impressed with Android. Everything loads fast (including Google Maps -- a big one for me), and most of the apps I use in WebOS are available in the Android Market, as well as lots of other apps. Since the device also has a microSD slot, I was able to upgrade the storage from the included 2GB to 16GB for only $35. The Google Voice implementation is also slick.

That having been said, I'm still interested in the Pre 2 and feel less inclined to leave HP/Palm than Sprint. Although there is obviously no official info on Pre 2 availability on Verizon beyond the standard "coming weeks" line, I discovered that I qualify for a discount on Verizon that also applies to the data add-on in addition to the plan itself (unlike discounts with Sprint, which only apply to the plan itself.) This brings Verizon's pricing within a couple bucks of what I'm paying now on Sprint, and make Verizon an even better value after the addition of Sprint's premium data fee.

Anyhow, I will be bummed to leave Sprint without exercising two Sprint Premier upgrades, but unless Sprint has something spectacular available by the end of the month, I'm leaving for a Pre 2 on Verizon or an Android phone on Verizon or some other carrier.
    Last edited by rwinn; 02/02/2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling/grammar/clarity.
    Sprint announces industry first:

Customer Service Reps that know what they are talking about!

Rest of industry trembles!
    To all of you who think this isn't about HP I'll just say that I have a very good relationship with my Sprint rep going on 3 years and he told me they're going to announce a new HP phone on the 7th. What? HP letting Sprint steal their thunder...no way you say? Did you see the teaser that came out today? It got most everyone's attention on this forum. So now they have a week to get people talking about it. Well, what if Sprint comes out and announces a new HP device and even the launch date (which, according to my rep is soon) and maybe even drops a little bit more teaser video....effing brilliant if you ask me. They'll have everyone so worked up that some of us won't get jack for sleep for the 2 days we have to wait after Sprint hits us.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    To all of you who think this isn't about HP I'll just say that I have a very good relationship with my Sprint rep going on 3 years and he told me they're going to announce a new HP phone on the 7th. What? HP letting Sprint steal their thunder...no way you say? Did you see the teaser that came out today? It got most everyone's attention on this forum. So now they have a week to get people talking about it. Well, what if Sprint comes out and announces a new HP device and even the launch date (which, according to my rep is soon) and maybe even drops a little bit more teaser video....effing brilliant if you ask me. They'll have everyone so worked up that some of us won't get jack for sleep for the 2 days we have to wait after Sprint hits us.
    I like it! .. Hope your rep pans out

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I like it! .. Hope your rep pans out

Me too! I'm soooo ready for some new HPalm lovin'!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Next week cant come soon enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I think it's makes a lot of sense actually. HP is going to talk ecosystem - tablets, phones, netbooks, etc. So having Sprint highlight a device just gives that device much more media attention and gets more people interested in what else HP is going to announce.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    So what time is this announcment on monday anyways ?? And what channel do I turn to ?? Lol

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I think it's makes a lot of sense actually. HP is going to talk ecosystem - tablets, phones, netbooks, etc. So having Sprint highlight a device just gives that device much more media attention and gets more people interested in what else HP is going to announce.
    Then what's the deal with Sprint inviting only android communities to this event? Does that still hold true? And did any WebOS communities get invites?
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I think they Sprint event will cover a wide range of devices and network news. Some type of Android device(s) might be the highlight, but that doesn't mean they can't also mention a new webos device.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Then what's the deal with Sprint inviting only android communities to this event? Does that still hold true? And did any WebOS communities get invites?
    My meaning is: I don't think HP having an event 2 days later has to rule webOS out of the Sprint announcement.

If it is only Android communities and no webOS communities invited, then maybe it's not going to have any webOS in it.

Perhaps HP is going to hold it's cards close to it's chest until 9 Feb. I don't think it means Sprint won't have any webOS devices.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    With how HP has been keeping their lips sealed except for their promotional leaks, there is no way in hell that Sprint will have the goodies before HP can say anything.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Although, I do believe there will be WebOS products on Sprint nonetheless.

Maybe Sprint will just drop a hint about WebOS but not actually say anything about the products that will be announced to days later.
    Sprint Love
    With Sprint inviting all the Android types and no webos folks (that I have heard of), its unlikely that the 7th event will be a webos announcement -- the focus of that has to be elsewhere. BUT no reason they could not, after they announce whatever the main puropse of the 7th is, say somethng like: "and in addition there will be a lot more exciting things this year including sprint carrying the new HP devices..."
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I think they Sprint event will cover a wide range of devices and network news. Some type of Android device(s) might be the highlight, but that doesn't mean they can't also mention a new webos device.
    What he said.

I think we are going to see a 3D Android phone -- and that might have multiple screens. But I also agree and have said before that the Sprint announcement is going to demo more then one device. Otherwise why did they show basically no phones at CES 2011?
    yeah I dont think the event will have anything to do with webos just android at this time due to the timing of sprints, and HPs events. I think we may hear, at best Sprint mention Webos devices being available, but only stating so in general because if there is a device as stated by precentral coming to sprint soon, I dont think sprint will want to mess up HP's event.
    what will Sprint announce on the day before HPalm announcement on Feb 9th????

are they going to carry the new WebOS phone and tablet?

are they NOT going to carry the new WebOS?

what do you think?
    I think they are just trying to deflect from the Verizon iphone. I dont think they can very well make a big deal about unnamed devices. I guess they could announce some new 4G locations.
    <threads merged>
    Straight from the horses mouth. Sprint announcement will be devices and services. 3+ devices and a new service.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Straight from the horses mouth. Sprint announcement will be devices and services. 3+ devices and a new service.
    Sweet!.. I hope :/