Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82
  1. #61  
    I agree they will push the heck oit of it. Gonna steal lots of att users, and lock a bunch of current blackberry or featurephone for two more years. That's how they make money.

    and all the early motodroid buyers from nov/dec 2009 are just about to hit the early upgrade window by the end of Q2.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why would a company that sells their own branded phone push another brand on which they make less profit; unless it was because those users they are marketing to already want the other-branded phone, and said company is marketing to let the customers know they have it?

    C'mon, any one you. If it's all so simple, the answer should be as well...
    Who says they are making less from selling iphones? You assume but dont actually know how much they are making. Even the droid is a Motorola phone not made by verizon.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Because the iPhone is easier to sell? Because they already pushed the Droid and sold the ones they could easily sell?
    Thank you! Finally.

    If you're taking lay down sales, you're not pushing. If you're taking "can I buy an iPhone here" you're not pushing it, you're just raking in the sales. Even if you say "hey, we've got the iPhone", that's not pushing it, that's pushing the fact that you have it. I know that's a fine distinction, possibly too fine for some of those that didn't bother to read the OP, but it wa laid out in the OP.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Who says they are making less from selling iphones? You assume but dont actually know how much they are making. Even the droid is a Motorola phone not made by verizon.
    They are. There's a reasons they're suspending the buy one get one promotion right before they start selling the iPhone.
  5. #65  
    I'm going to disagree, looking at all the posts everywhere about the Verizon iPhone. If you mean pushing as in forced selling, you may have a point. But even with supposed "easy sells", Verizon isn't lying down with their message. They are indeed actively selling a device that should sell itself, so I consider that pushing. They have made sure we all know loud and clear, and continuously, that Verizon now offers the iPhone.

    However, that is the way you should sell IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm going to disagree, looking at all the posts everywhere about the Verizon iPhone. If you mean pushing as in forced selling, you may have a point. But even with supposed "easy sells", Verizon isn't lying down with their message. They are indeed actively selling a device that should sell itself, so I consider that pushing. They have made sure we all know loud and clear, and continuously, that Verizon now offers the iPhone.

    However, that is the way you should sell IMO.
    Thank you, that is what I meant. And as I said earlier, I don't think my thoughts about it will really be proven out for a few months.

    Down the road, after the "we've got it, come buy from us" has died down, I'll be interested to see what happens when a user walks in and says I'm interested in a smartphone, but not sure which I'd rather have, a Droid, an iPhone, or even something else. I think I know which way, in general, Verizon employees would direct people.

    Oh, and I agree, what Verizon is doing now is what they should be doing. They'd be crazy not to. There are lots of people that haven't bought an iPhone simply because they don't want ATT. There are many others that have an iPhone but would be willing to pay ETFs and a premium price to jump from ATT. Verizon would be crazy to ignore those markets.
  7. #67  
    Research has supposedly shown that iPhone users are the most loyal to their phone. If that's true, I believe Verizon will push the iPhone in the future. The reason, because Verizon will have people constantly renewing their contracts with no effort, just like AT&T enjoyed.

    However, they do have LTE phones coming and if the plans are even higher than the current iPhone plans(there are hints of LTE surcharge), maybe your theory will be born out. That is, if I'm correct in thinking you mean they will end up pushing their Androids over anything else.

    Verizon is certainly in the catbird seat, as they used to say. Because they have winning phones people want, and many people apparently aren't upset over their high rates.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #68  
    Here it is being 'pushed' along side AT&T with Verizon..


  9. #69  
    If verizon 'pushed' the samsung galaxy fascinate which is NOT a droid brand, if verizon pushed the blackberry storm/curve which are not android brands, if verizon pushed the Palm Pre (albeit for only a short time), etc...why won't verizon push the iPhone??

    Saying that we need to wait a few months to see if verizon pushes/pushed the iPhone is disingenuous IMHO. Verizon (or even AT&T) does not push any phone permanently. They are always looking for the next current thing (which could be 4G Droid or iPhone 5. Heck, I can't remember the last time I saw a droid commercial on TV. Now Motorola is running commercials themselves (droid pro, atrix, etc)

    Now if your question is whether verizon will push the iPhone as much as the droid, then that's a good one to analyze/discuss. But the iPhone will and is being pushed - and very hard at that.
    Last edited by Really mobile; 01/30/2011 at 06:51 PM.
  10. #70  
    I'm sure the definition of "push" will change yet again when the Pre 2 is launched.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I'm sure the definition of "push" will change yet again when the Pre 2 is launched.
    The Pre 2 was launched quite some time ago. Keep up.

    But, if you're insinuating change by me, I doubt that Verizon is going to be pushing the Pre 2, or any other device, over their own phone. That's been my point. I'm fairly certain that they'll make people aware they have it when they do, and I doubt it will be even close to the extend that they have with the iPhone, but certainly hope they do a better job than they did with the Pre Plus.

    Again, in simple terms for you. No, my definition of "push" won't change in relation to this. I don't think Verizon is going to push any phone over their house brand. They'll take easy lay down sales, they'll let people know they have a variety of phones, they will work to convince everyone that no matter what phone they want, it should be on their network. But, if a user is undecided, and the salesperson doesn't insert his/her person bias (in which case they may be "pushing" just about anything) they will sell their own phones.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    ...Now if your question is whether verizon will push the iPhone as much as the droid, then that's a good one to analyze/discuss. But the iPhone will and is being pushed - and very hard at that.
    I think we're saying pretty much the same thing - just in different terms. So far, every ad I've seen says they have the phone, not that it's the phone the user needs to have. They pretty much reserve that for Droids.
  13.    #73  
    I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to, but in another thread, barkerja not only agreed with me, he stated what I've been trying to get across much more elegantly than I. I must give him credit here.

    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    ...
    A carrier doesn't need to push a device for it to be successful, and I think that will become apparent with the Verizon iPhone. Apple will sell the iPhone, not Verizon; Verizon will continue to push Droid as they normally have.
  14. #74  
    HP has to get a move on if they want a spot on Verizon's list. People like competition, but they don't like being flustered with choices. Think about it. You are an average phone buyer who has only heard of Verizon's huge selection of Android or Verizon just got the Iphone. I mean seriously you wouldn't choose a Palm phone sitting in the back corner. You would choose Android or Iphone because it got advertised and your friends have it. Yeah I would definitely say Verizon is going to push the Iphone because they want to get as close to a monopoly as legally possible.
  15. #75  
  16. #76  
    Not really. We have to wait until after the initial push to see if it's really being pushed...
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Not really. We have to wait until after the initial push to see if it's really being pushed...
    Well, why stop there? By the way, isn't the initial push still a push? Anyway, after that, they will only push it to get rid of extra stock to make way for the iPhone 5. Then we will see...

    But wait! They will have to push the iPhone 5 initially, and we know initial pushes don't count. So, after all the expected, meaningless pushes, in, oh, November, then we will see...
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Not really. We have to wait until after the initial push to see if it's really being pushed...
    Thank you sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Well, why stop there? By the way, isn't the initial push still a push? Anyway, after that, they will only push it to get rid of extra stock to make way for the iPhone 5. Then we will see...

    But wait! They will have to push the iPhone 5 initially, and we know initial pushes don't count. So, after all the expected, meaningless pushes, in, oh, November, then we will see...
    You know, in spite of all the silliness I see in this post, and others similar, I specified in my opening post about initial pushes. This (and others like it) are simply an attempt to make the discussion something it was never meant to be.

    I've decided to revisit this. Seems the commercials have pretty much died down. Is the push over? I don't pretend to be an authority on everything iPhone, but yeah, it appears that initial push was about the only push. They wanted folks that demand an iPhone to know they have it. With that mission accomplished, they're ready to move on to other sales.

    BTW, I caught this from another thread, posted about a Verizon salesman. Notice the push away from the iPhone? I know, it's only one example, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more:

    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    A good friend of mine works at the local VZW by my house. He's a Pre Plus owner like myself, and like me he wants Web OS to succeed.

    He was telling me the "purchase pattern" as he called it when he deals with customers.

    He said, "When the customer first walks into the door they are asking all about the iphone 4. That is of course until he tells them about the insurance price increase for it, the deductibles you have to pay, and the Apple insurance you should pay for." At that point he takes the opportunity to show them the Palm Pre 2. He said, "I start showing them how awesome Web OS is, how friendly and easy it is to use, they always comment on the swipes and touch features, and then they ask about apps." He said he tends to loose them on the apps because they ask if it has as many apps as Apple. Since he says know they move right on.

    The next trip they take is over to the Android phones. He says from there they go about 50/50 now on if they get an Android phone or go back to the Apple iphone 4 side of the store. Either way nobody wants Web OS.
    ...
  19. #79  
    "That is of course until he tells them about the insurance price increase for it, the deductibles you have to pay, and the Apple insurance you should pay for." "

    What is all that ^^^ mean, by the way? I wondered that when I read that in a thread. What are all those add ons and what does that have to do with the price of an iPhone (either, singularly, or in relationship to other phones?)

    I am with ATT and am wondering if that is a Verizon thing because its not an Apple thing.




    I am no sure what this vignette means, though, other than someone who was interested in the iPhone (and the salesman immediately acquiesced it sounds like.....) got turned off the price and started looking at other options. That's .... telling?
  20. #80  
    The Thunderbolt is here, time for a new "push", lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions