Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    It's an interesting tale of two products. The Verizon iPhone is basically a CDMA version of a 7 month old phone while HP undoubtedly has genuinely new products on their slate for the February 9 showcase. Yet investors and media have turned one of them into a bonafide event while the other probably won't have even a fraction of the same impact.
    Now now, you have no proof it will be the iPhone 4.

Sent from my HTC EVO via Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Now now, you have no proof it will be the iPhone 4.

Sent from my HTC EVO via Tapatalk Pro
    True. Even if it is basically an iPhone 4; verizon is likely to have insisted on some type of differentiation/spec bump (a la Pre+). I guess at this point we only need wait a few more hours to find out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    True. Even if it is basically an iPhone 4; verizon is likely to have insisted on some type of differentiation/spec bump (a la Pre+). I guess at this point we only need wait a few more hours to find out...
    It doesn't make sense to release a phone from last year when they will be releasing the iPhone 5 in the summer. [We base the iPhone 5 off of the fact that they have released an iPhone every summer since the original]

But, then again, I wouldn't put it past Apple.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    The thing is, the iPhone 4 is still the best iPhone on the market and it still compares very favorably to newer Android devices.

As for Verizon insisting on differentiation, I keep thinking back to their unsolicited "we have to earn the iPhone" comment. I get the feeling they're just happy to be able to sell millions of iPhones on their network.

Besides, any differentiation will come through things like having a superior network, offering unlimited data plans, and 3G FaceTime.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The thing is, the iPhone 4 is still the best iPhone on the market and it still compares very favorably to newer Android devices.

As for Verizon insisting on differentiation, I keep thinking back to their unsolicited "we have to earn the iPhone" comment. I get the feeling they're just happy to be able to sell millions of iPhones on their network.

Besides, any differentiation will come through things like having a superior network, offering unlimited data plans, and 3G FaceTime.

It's funny because on the news today they were talking about how "Verizon will be carrying the iPhone because their network now has the room for added congestion."

What a bunch of crap..
    cramer says vz may hit 40. Can't always believe that guy though. I do expect it to shoot up if it's announced. If it's not announced I'll sell a bunch of my aapl.
    And AT&T will drop when all those iPhone users run to vzw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    And AT&T will drop when all those iPhone users run to vzw.
    I hope AT&T loses every customer they have except for me. 400MB, here I come!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Speaking of 1/11/11, its 1/11/11 @ 01:11 AM on the east coast right now. I won't make it to 1:11 AM CST, where I am.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    One hour and forty five minutes left..
    Crazy, last-minute prediction: Verizon's line-up will be mentioned in the announcement, and the P2 will be confirmed for Verizon. This is a Carrier event. It is only natural they will brag about their complete line-up.

Even crazier: the iPhone will be LTE ready.

Not-so-crazy, but really big: FaceTime on 3G. This will move a lot of switchers. AT&T will announce plans for 3G FaceTime later today to stem the tide.

Unrealistic, but maybe... Apple and Verizon have solved the simultaneous voice and data problem. Solution is introduced on the iPhone.

One more thing: BOGOF! I saw a blurb that suggested Verizon was going to spend upwards of five BILLION dollars to subsidized the iPhone to facilitate a fast start. If it is indeed just an iPhone 4 with no new features, this is very plausible. Execs at Moto, HTC, and Sammy load their pants.

As a result of this aggressive pricing, all Android phones on Verizon will soon be free with contract. The only thing they have left to compete with is price. That's all I've got. Just an hour and a half to go.
    just checked blog, iPhone 4 "early next month"

(HP, you're on deck...)
    I see pandas.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Iphone available 'early' next month.
    So it's just an iPhone 4, no LTE and you can't upgrade for 2 years? I'm not impressed. May as well go with ATT if you need/want an iPhone.
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    just checked blog, iPhone 4 "early next month"

(HP, you're on deck...)
    Depending on when the launch is, it will wipe HP off the media cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Depending on when the launch is, it will wipe HP off the media cycle.
    prob Feb 8th?

Actual dates: pre-order 2/3, order everywhere 2/10.

I'm surprised they didn't pull a marketing punch by changing date to 1 day prior to HP's announcement.
    I see pandas.
    pre orders start feb 3
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    well this kind of sucks. i always wanted the iphone on sprint, doesnt look like its ever going to happen
    Available 2/10, according to VZW's site.

Well, there goes any memory of the HP event.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast