Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    who cares HP will drop the mother of all bombs feb 9th then nobody will even care about verizons iphone.
    I lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    After CES and now this, I'm sorry but Palm will look really late.
    yeah i agree, between this and android steeling the show this isn't good for palm atm. even if they drop a high end webos device i think it will have a HUGE uphill battle.
    alright, time to invest on rumor and put some $$ in to vz
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    After CES and now this, I'm sorry but Palm will look really late.
    It's worse than that. If HP had announced at CES, they would have been compared to the stuff at CES. Now, they will be seen as taking on the iPhone. It is a no-win scenario. Further, by the time the HP product ships, Apple will have two more bombshells to drop: the iPad 2, and the iPhone 5. The fates will not be kind to HP this year.
    HP needs to claim calendar time in the August to early December time frame. Late January to July belongs to Apple.

Case closed.
    Well, Verizon's earnings call isn't until the 25th. Based on the timing, venue, etc... I'll bet this is an iPhone thing. Just a few days until we wil find out for sure!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, Verizon's earnings call isn't until the 25th. Based on the timing, venue, etc... I'll bet this is an iPhone thing. Just a few days until we wil find out for sure!!!
    Wsj confirmed the Jan 11 announcement is the Iphone and Steve with be there.

Wall Street Journal: Verizon to announce iPhone on Tuesday (Steve Jobs to appear?) -- Engadget
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Wsj confirmed the Jan 11 announcement is the Iphone and Steve with be there.

Wall Street Journal: Verizon to announce iPhone on Tuesday (Steve Jobs to appear?) -- Engadget
    P.S. And just like that, Apple's managed to once again be one of the biggest stories at CES with zero presence here. That's what, five years in a row now?
    barkerja, is that you?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    It's worse than that. If HP had announced at CES, they would have been compared to the stuff at CES. Now, they will be seen as taking on the iPhone. It is a no-win scenario. Further, by the time the HP product ships, Apple will have two more bombshells to drop: the iPad 2, and the iPhone 5. The fates will not be kind to HP this year.
    One of the bombshells might drop sooner than you predict. P|C's sister site TIPB is reporting:

Digg founder Kevin Rose, whose record with Apple rumors ranges from spot on to completely wrong, now claims he has it on good authority that iPad 2 will be announced in 3-4 weeks, possibly February 1, and include dual cameras as well as a Retina Display.
    If that Feb 1 date is true it could be the final nail in the coffin for HP's experiment.
    Poll from TIPb giving you an ideal of what might happen once Iphone come to Verizon.

TiPb asks: Will you be switching to the Verizon iPhone? | TiPb
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Poll from TIPb giving you an ideal of what might happen once Iphone come to Verizon.

TiPb asks: Will you be switching to the Verizon iPhone? | TiPb
    The poll overwhelmingly favors sticking with AT&T. I also will be sticking with them. AT&T has been very good to me. I have had the best customer service I could hope for. Calls are connected quickly, dealt with courteously, and the problem is always resolved. And there is no 4G where I live. So I see no reason to switch. Besides, I think the service will get better if more people leave.
    The poll overwhelmingly favors sticking with AT&T. I also will be sticking with them. AT&T has been very good to me. I have had the best customer service I could hope for. Calls are connected quickly, dealt with courteously, and the problem is always resolved. And there is no 4G where I live. So I see no reason to switch. Besides, I think the service will get better if more people leave.
    I'll certainly be switching. This is daily for me: http://instagr.am/p/6YZS/
    Only the Palm division. HP still makes a killing on laptops and printers(plus ink refills). I still think one reason they're so lackluster with Palm is that printers and laptops are still where their main bread and butter is. They can just write off any Palm losses.

"We didn't buy Palm to get into the smartphone business.", remember that? I believe that was the one truthful thing that guy said, lol. Somehow I think Palm will never be the same ever again, after HP's through with it. At first, I thought it was good news that HP bought Palm. Now I'm not so sure.

If they'd announced at CES, even if they would have been compared, at least they'd have whet people's appetites. Now after all this, they're just overload that is late.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Yeah, between all the Android OEMs overdelivering on their announcements at CES and Verizon finally getting the iPhone, you can pretty much see how this HP webOS fling is going to end.
    Maybe you'll be right, maybe not. Anyone who's so damn impatient that they have to buy a phone before the dust settles down is either an ***** or someone with money burning a hole in their pocket. I say we should let all the vendors sweat a bit and nobody buy anything until April Fool's Day!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Maybe you'll be right, maybe not. Anyone who's so damn impatient that they have to buy a phone before the dust settles down is either an ***** or someone with money burning a hole in their pocket. I say we should let all the vendors sweat a bit and nobody buy anything until April Fool's Day!
    The dust never settles in today's market. Your product just better be able to shine through that unsettled dust!
    I am going to ATT family because the place I work closed and thus my plan with them.. So it would be nice to know if webos is coming to ATT... I can make it to feb on a dumb phone I guess:P
    i know im going to play the lottery for the first time on 1-11-11.

i think we can guarantee this will be an iphone announcement and i bet a ton of people switch to it. i fear for hp/palm at this point.
    edit: double post.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    edit: double post.
    (on the edit post screen, there is also a button there to delete the post)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I'm really surprised that all the "know it all's" haven't been all offered jobs by Apple, HP, etc.

They all CLEARLY know everything that's going to happen/not happen, etc. (From what I'm reading here, HP should just close up shop -it's game over, right? ...it will be sad to see the world's largest electronics company go down the tubes... all because of a phone. (sniff))

These folks really need to get out of the basement and find another hobby/girlfriend etc.

All this angst over a cell phone. You would think someone curing/causing cancer!

PS - I think HP will be just fine... ;-) See you all in Feb.

peace.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast