1.    #1  
    My friend has a BB Tour and told me she just got an update from Sprint for her Nav App. I was very jelous.

We are still stuck with v2.1 while BB has v3.0

Sprint Navigation
    My Sprint Nav works fine, does everything that I need from a navigation app.
    I'm on Verizon, and that can't change (work supplied phone...I've already asked and was told no way will the company ever switch...oh well, I do like my webOS, so at the moment moving to Sprint doesn't help me). But my family (3 phones) is on Verizon and I'm considering switching to sprint. I think they could have smartphones with nice data plans, unlimited texting, unlimited mobile to mobile, and free navigation, for about the same price or cheaper than 1 multimedia and 2 2g phones (we pay for unlimited texting).

But I sure would like to have Sprint Nav 3.0...anybody tried asking about the plans for rolling out 3.0 for other phones?

Oh, and Netwrkr9...did you look at 3.0 specs? It can even control the weather!
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 12/27/2010 at 11:33 AM.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My Sprint Nav works fine, does everything that I need from a navigation app.
    Wouldn't it be nice to have:
    Navigation without network coverage
    Save trip to Favorites after End Trip
    Resume trip after Search Along Route
    Speed Trap
    Traffic Camera
    Lane Assist
    Legal Speed Limit

Your definition of "fine" is different I guess.... I mean your launch pre and never had a problem with it...

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Save trip to Favorites after End Trip
    Resume trip after Search Along Route
    Speed Trap
    Traffic Camera
    Lane Assist
    Legal Speed Limit

Your definition of "fine" is different I guess.... I mean your launch pre and never had a problem with it...
    well said ! i bet he is fine with his Pre Minus too and don't need a new device cuz he can make calls on his current Pre!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I had a BB Curve as well as my Pre and got the nav upgrade on the BB and what a difference. 3.0 supports voice commands. has favorite locations and a bunch of others that I never got to. But I far prefer the Pre over BB. The OS is the difference, the Pre is able to do so much more and if the rumors are true about what is going into WebOS 2.0 prove to be true and work properly we'll be right there with the others. I hope that Sprint would give us the nav 3.0 upgrade once we get WebOS 2.0 since 1.4.5 doesn't support voice commands and 2.0 is rumored to. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    This just seems like another developer not caring about webos. All the new features I would love to have and they are features I have wanted for a while now. Sprint Navigation is on just about every single spring phone so of course it would be on the pre. Since the pre was launched though, we have not received any updates to the navigation app. To me it sounds like another developer just leaving webos. Here's hoping for 2011 to be a better year.
    Im pretty certain the new sprint navi 3 will be bundled with the webos 2 update whenever that comes out. Just logical to do that.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    This just seems like another developer not caring about webos. All the new features I would love to have and they are features I have wanted for a while now. Sprint Navigation is on just about every single spring phone so of course it would be on the pre. Since the pre was launched though, we have not received any updates to the navigation app. To me it sounds like another developer just leaving webos. Here's hoping for 2011 to be a better year.
    I don't think we should assume this, because the current version of webOS available on Sprint is 1.4.5 which doesn't support the voice API necessary to work with the new capabilities of Sprint Navigation 3.0. But once webOS 2.x comes, and Sprint has a webOS 2.x device to offer, I hope to see this come bundled as addiarmader suggested.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Amen!
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    I had a BB Curve as well as my Pre and got the nav upgrade on the BB and what a difference. 3.0 supports voice commands. has favorite locations and a bunch of others that I never got to. But I far prefer the Pre over BB. The OS is the difference, the Pre is able to do so much more and if the rumors are true about what is going into WebOS 2.0 prove to be true and work properly we'll be right there with the others. I hope that Sprint would give us the nav 3.0 upgrade once we get WebOS 2.0 since 1.4.5 doesn't support voice commands and 2.0 is rumored to. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Yeah, i don't need any of that stuff either. I just bought an atlas, handed it to my wife, and i say "how can i get to Denver?". Bingo, instant voice navigation. I also bought her a pair of binoculars so she can read street signs well before we get to them.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yeah, i don't need any of that stuff either. I just bought an atlas, handed it to my wife, and i say "how can i get to Denver?". Bingo, instant voice navigation. I also bought her a pair of binoculars so she can read street signs well before we get to them.
    wow, im getting an atlas too.. i bet it will take you on the fastest route to denver too! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    wow, im getting an atlas too.. i bet it will take you on the fastest route to denver too! lol
    Does this method (your wife reading the atlas) have choices for avoidances? I mean, like avoid toll roads, ferries, and outlet shopping malls? Just thinking ahead is all...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Does this method (your wife reading the atlas) have choices for avoidances? I mean, like avoid toll roads, ferries, and outlet shopping malls? Just thinking ahead is all...
    Only if properly trained. :P
    If you look closely at the supported device list, only BlackBerrys have 3.0.

If even the newest Android phones are still on 2.x , then I think it's not a sign of Telenav neglecting webOS, but more likely, they just worked on the BB version first. Start whining when the Android version comes out

Considering how previous Sprint software was rolled out, if Telenav does have a 3.0 for webOS, it should be rolled into the webOS 2.1 update, which Palm seems to be delaying into infinity, and beyond...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I tried that app...i didn't like the 'bundled apps' very much.

"Angry Wife 3.0"
    "Fat lip 1.1"
    And the worst one...
    "Nookie Blocker 2000"

I think I'll stick to SprintNav...
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I tried that app...i didn't like the 'bundled apps' very much.

"Angry Wife 3.0"
    "Fat lip 1.1"
    And the worst one...
    "Nookie Blocker 2000"

I think I'll stick to SprintNav...
    I sens an app idea. Angry Wife in the form of Angry Birds. Just be sure to prog in a mute button in that app
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Also updating any new stores and roads. I know of two stores that don't come up when I search in my area. With all of these store closingz and road construction, there are quite a few new places to visit. Pea soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Also updating any new stores and roads. I know of two stores that don't come up when I search in my area. With all of these store closingz and road construction, there are quite a few new places to visit. Pea soup.
    That should be updated automatically anyway, as the app doesn't store the maps, it just downloads them on the fly from Telenav's servers. In other words, the maps and POI lists are always as up to date as Telenav's info is.
    wait the treo pro has v2.8 and we're stuck on v2.1
    Huh?