Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Update your PRL 60674.
    If this helps please hit the thanks button because I am not sure if I am helping the forum.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Always a helpful thing to have posted

Thanks!
    I used to check for PRLs myself, now I just wait for your post. Much appreciated.
    I never remember to check, so it doesn't happen until you post the alert!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the nice words because I didn't know if I was helping anyone. I will always post as soon as I find out about a prl update.
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    You should be the Official PRL Update Announcer.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    thanks for the nice words because I didn't know if I was helping anyone. I will always post as soon as I find out about a prl update.
    Thank you! It is very much appreciated. I was also able to let my son know, thanks to your post.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    You should be the Official PRL Update Announcer.
    Mod's...I think he should get an official designation, "PRL Update Informer"..."so it is written, so it is said, so it is done."
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

9.    #9  
    lol. I would be happy to be the forum official prl update announcer. I always update my prl and network setting when I travel. And I have been traveling a lot!
    Thanks stu!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11.    #11  
    If precentral gives me the job and title of official prl updater, please donate my entire salary to webos internals, lol
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the feedback.
    in case you care...
    <<threads merged>>
    sorry...did a search before the post and nothing came up
    Not a problem! thanks for sharing the info
    Forgive my ignorance but what does change the PRL do improve network speeds or something?

Thanks as always
    The PRL is a 'Preferred Roaming List' that gets updated every so often to make sure the device is using the best towers for each area. With an out-dated list, phones will not have the ability to connect with new and/or better towers while roaming.

From the Sprint website:
    The Preferred Roaming List (PRL) is a file located in your phone, and it is used to acquire both the Sprint Network and Sprint roaming partner's network for you while you are roaming off the Sprint Network. Sprint updates the PRL a few times a year to provide you with new domestic digital roaming coverage or with international roaming coverage or to make other necessary adjustments.

Sprint sends PRL updates to phones Over-the-Air (OTA) as needed. However, you can also proactively receive PRL updates using your phone's settings. For instance, newer phones have a menu screen to perform a PRL update, Settings > Phone Info > Update PRL. The phone will check for an update and complete the transaction in less than a minute.

Mobile Broadband Cards receive PRL updates through Sprint Smartview Auto Updates.

A PRL update will not:

Improve signal strength on Sprint Network or off-network roaming areas
    Help with dropped or blocked calls, or coverage holes
    Help with wireless web issues
    Correcting misrouted calls when roaming
    Sorry for the noob question.
    But for some reason I cannot update my PRL. regardless in I'm wireless or logginging onto my Wirless router at home?
    Any suggestions?

Lately I have been unable to get on the internet unless I'm home using my wireless router.
    I cant check facebook or youtube as it always says no internety connection.
    Does this apply to Verizon or only Sprint? I use *228 with Verizon and update my roaming profile that way.

Would a roaming profile difference ever make you go to 1x vs. 3G? I wonder because on a recent trip my wife's phone was on 1x for a while at the same time as my phone was on 3G. I cheated and enabled wireless hot spot for her... LOL.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast