Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Does this apply to Verizon or only Sprint? I use *228 with Verizon and update my roaming profile that way.

Would a roaming profile difference ever make you go to 1x vs. 3G? I wonder because on a recent trip my wife's phone was on 1x for a while at the same time as my phone was on 3G. I cheated and enabled wireless hot spot for her... LOL.

This is about the sprint version only.

as far as the 1x vs 3g, it would not force you to use one over the other on a given tower, however if you are roaming or in areas with new towers it can help to find the best tower and preferred speeds.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    This is about the sprint version only.

as far as the 1x vs 3g, it would not force you to use one over the other on a given tower, however if you are roaming or in areas with new towers it can help to find the best tower and preferred speeds.
    I thought the default was while roaming no data or 1x data. My assumption was that her phone thought she wasn't on Verizon towers or Verizon negotiated towers.

If that's not what was up - hard to understand why her phone was in 1x for so long. Restarting it didn't change anything.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12