1.    #1  
    I am getting an airrave soon and have a couple of questions. I am on a family plan... Can everyone use it or is programmed to one number? If it is set up at my house, do I need to do something special to connect to it and make phone calls or does it connect phone automatically connect to the airrave??

I am hoping I dont have to do anything special everytime I want to use the airrave.
    Thanks!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    If you set it to 'open' any1 on that carrier can use the the AirRave to make calls after they register (Sprint it is *99 not sure of other carriers) with your system. If you close it, then you have to add individual phone numbers. I have had to re-register a couple times, but for the most part the phone automatically connects when in range. I can tell a slight difference when on a call on airrave vs the CDMA tower, but I would still give the quality of the call high marks while on the airrave.

For any1 who has poor cell coverage in/around their house this is a good system enhancer for sure!
    Last edited by dec; 12/16/2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: clarity of the msg
  3.    #3  
    if other people use it does it cost me money or mins? If others use it does it take away sigbal strenght;.
    thanks
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Reading about it, it says up to 3 phones can use it. I don't know if that's accurate, but here is the Sprint Page linking the User Guide & Articles/FAQs, etc.

Info on the - AIRAVE by Sprint
    Last edited by Mike5; 12/18/2010 at 08:34 AM.
    I have one. No issue with signign in. If your on sprint, it works. You get 3 beeps when you answer or place a call on it. If you leave it's range, it transfers you to a tower. Won't do that from tower to airrave, however. No charge for minutes because you're using your broadband connection, not sprints network. Newer version has evdo speeds for data.
  6.    #6  
    If you are using broadband connection, doesnt that make your call less clear? When you are talking with someone and you both speak at the same time, does it get garbled (unclear)

If there is a power outage, does the phone immediately connect back to the sprint network?
    Thanks
    if there is a power outage and your phone has some kind of reception w/ a sprint tower, then it will connect to the sprint network.
    i've never noticed poor call quality w/ the airrave.
    In short, up to 3 callers at a time on the Airave, it will not cost you minutes if someone else uses it, BUT if you use it IT DOES still cost you your minutes for calling landlines.

When you turn it on, it defaults to OPEN so anyone in range and use it...but the range isnt as high as a wireless router so I would not eve nbother changing the settings unless you find out later you are unable to make calls on it as too many people are always on the thing.

Good luck, had mine for a year now and all is good.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have the new 3G version. Compared to a normal call, the only difference when using it is the 3 beeps when you place or answer a call. That, and 5 bars of coverage in an area where coverage is spotty! I had to do NOTHING on the device to enable it for my phones and I had to do NOTHING on my phones to use the device. I have also had friends with Sprint service test it when they are here and their phones connect to it automatically. Configuration was simply plug it in and connect it to the broadband and wait on the lights to stop flashing.
    It works as described by others but the range is very poor.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks but more questions.
    I see my airrave was added to my account when I check my account on sprint.com. I also notice the airrave is associated with a phone number? What is that about?
    When I use my airrave does it always go against my 450 landline minutes?
    Thanks
    Last edited by stu5797; 12/17/2010 at 08:19 PM.
  12. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Thanks but more questions.
    1) I also notice the airrave is associated with a phone number? What is that about?
    2)When I use my airrave does it always go against my 450 landline minutes?
    Thanks
    A- 1) I assume just another number that they track as a net add as a subscriber . . . it means nothing (at this point) to your account or your pre

A- 2) no (I don't think . . . you should ask Sprint for a more informed answer then a bunch of folks on the internet)
  13.    #13  
    Dec Thanks for the answer. In my 1 yr. experience I find this forum MUCH more reliable than any Sprint cust. service rep.
    If any one else knows the 100% answer I would love to know if using the airrave goes aginst and of my 450 landline mins?
    Thanks and I would love to hear more peoples opinions about the airrave... if they like or dislike
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have an airave and no, when calls are made while connected to the airave, those minutes do not count against your anytime minutes.
  15.    #15  
    Just got my airrave and it is all set up! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Full Bars, Full EVDO all over the house!! How long do these last cause it runs pretty HOT. Reminds me of my xbox 360...
    It will only allow Sprint users to access it (up to 10 at a time). When you go to your online account, you can set which numbers you want to receive it if they within distance (all the numbers on your family plan for example). It doesn't use minutes or anything and you will be glad you have one.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  17.    #17  
    does this new airrave support 4g???
  18.    #18  
    Found out the airrave does not support 4g but I am so happy to have this in my house! It is really cool and works amazingly!