1.    #1  
    I've been using an EVO for about 3 weeks now. There certainly are things I really like about it, but it just doesn't give me the same feel I got from my Pre a year ago. So now I am debating whether or not to return the EVO, and hold out for the rumored HP devices.

What happens if I do return the EVO within the 30 day window with Sprint? Any had experience with such a thing?
    make sure they dont screw you out of your upgrade.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    gonna be some great stuff coming after CES. You should keep your upgrade until palm announces
    they will put your old contract and upgrade date back, but they might charge you a restocking fee
  5.    #5  
    Good to hear, thanks.

I like the Evo, but I don't think I $200 like the Evo. WebOS just feels so much... smoother?... than Android feels to me. The end user experience, I think, is more fluid in WebOS, more refined. Android feels a bit clunky to me right now.
    and $10 more per month
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
    Good to hear, thanks.

I like the Evo, but I don't think I $200 like the Evo. WebOS just feels so much... smoother?... than Android feels to me. The end user experience, I think, is more fluid in WebOS, more refined. Android feels a bit clunky to me right now.
    Think how smooth it will be when 2.x comes to Sprint devices. I think you will be happy you returned it

I went evo for 2 weeks as well. I was in Vegas at the time so I could use 4G. That was nice and all, but 3G is a good mix between battery life and speed. Also, the evo is too big. I mean, when you are used to a 3.2in screen, 4.3 is like a computer. I love the elegance of the Palm products and I believe the Pre and Pixi are the best smartphone form factors, a close third being the iPhone 4. I say you hold onto you $200 and $10 a month and wait until after CES. By then, we will know what HP is doing, there will be an Evo slider with a better chipset and bigger battery, and I wouldn't doubt there being some more goodies.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post

What happens if I do return the EVO within the 30 day window with Sprint? Any had experience with such a thing?
    If you return the device within the 30 day window, your upgrade is reinstated like you never used it. You can then buy another device or wait and buy a device later. Make sure that whoever you return it to either reinstates the upgrade or calls sprint immediately to reinstate it.

You will get some strange looks when you return the Evo. I did.

(FWIW, i bought the Epic later. I am still liking this one...even though it ain't no where as smooth or well thought out as webOS)

nnb
    Both the superior hardware the EVO and EPIC wasn't enough to pull me away from webOS. It's just soo much smoother than Android and I kept getting annoyed with the 7 times the commands I have to do and crappy multitasking layout compared to webOS. Flare does no good if it is not done cleanly. I already been there with WinMO and never again!

The only good thing about android is its a free OS so manufacters are all on that to make the biggest marginal profits as possible which is giving it an advantage to marketshare to appeal to app developers.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I find myself with the same feelings in going from a webos to android as posted here. I just recently bought an Evo 4g to try out and found that I like the hardware, especially the big screen. The software is a different story. I prefer WebOs because its much smoother and intuitive. I find myself making more taps just to complete a task on the Evo than the Pre. However, the google maps app does load up faster and the browser seems much faster than the palm pre on 3G. I was never in love with the Pre hardware but hope hp/palm at CES 2011 will bring promising phones. I took the Evo 4g out for a drive and was using google maps, calling, web surfing, and was surprised at how fast everything worked. My Palm Pre would always bog down and really hated how long google maps opened.

I will probably play with android more but my gut tells me I will most likely return it when Hp/Palm unveils the new phones. I also felt rooting the Pre was a much easier process than the Evo 4g.

In all honesty, both phones have their own pros and cons. I just feel most of the cons on the pre can be fixed with better hardware. I have 30 days to return which gives me plenty of time to decide if the hp phones are worth switching back.