Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    If I add the mandatory $10 fee for 4g, does sprint still have the cheapest rates for smartphones?

I'm seriously considering jumping back to verizon if the prices aren't to far off.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I would have to say yes. 4G seems over-rated to me and the feedback I got from it was it's super fast but a huge battery consumer. 69.99 + 10.00 still leaves you below Verizons plans for the same comparable plans. I think you can get more minutes with V but with unlimited cell to cell I never go over 450 minutes a month.
    I have a friend who had the Evo for a couple weeks, then switched to V and now pays around $100/mo for what he had with Sprint for $80. Company discounts would be a deciding factor in this as well.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Even with the 4g surcharge, sprint is significantly cheaper than Verizon. Unless you call landlines for more than 450 minutes a month, you'll save a couple hundred a year. With free any mobile, I rarely use more than 20 of my 450 minutes a month.

For me, sprint w/ 4G is even cheaper than Verizon would be if I use my company discount.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    As has been pointed out, Sprint's cheaper than VZ up front and you may qualify for a Sprint discount.I get a 25% discount on my Sprint bill.

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...discounts.html

Sprint corporate discount - Slickdeals.net
    I got a 3000 min 4g unlimited txt data fam plan thru costco for $140. 1500 was 130. Additionally got a 12% corp discount. With a 25% Sprint corp deal including 25% corp disc which matched Tmo deal plus I got two MyTouch 4g phones for $100 where Sprint wanted nearly $500 for 2 EVOs( and I am a Premier).
    However, be sure Tmo data and voice coverage works for you. Get the phone on a trial basis keeping current provider.

Good Luck
    Kaiser Permanente employees get 23% as well. I think this is Sprint's basic corporate discount plan. As far as 4G goes, I've never used it. Nobody has. True 4G has a max down speed of 100mbps. Will the real 4G please stand up? | Signal Strength - CNET News ...I have, however used an Evo on Sprint's wimax and it is really, really fast. The $10 per month premium still lies below Verizon's prices and Verizon's LTE won't be fully functional till, at least, the middle of 2011.
    Tmo has a much better pitch-women

http://i51.tinypic.com/2vs537n.jpg

However, I'll stick with Sprint,even though they have an inept ad agency.