1.    #1  
    Read about it here:

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse at Dive Into Mobile [eMoney]
    Sprint CEO Dan Hesse at Dive Into Mobile [eMoney]

Summary:
    Dive Into Mobile: Sprint's Hesse on 4G, "unlimited" and more
    Brier Dudley's Blog | Dive Into Mobile: Sprint's Hesse on 4G, "unlimited" and more | Seattle Times Newspaper
    Mossberg asked whether Sprint wants to carry the iPhone.
    "Under the right terms and conditions the answer would be yes. There's no question it's a great device and Apple has a great brand," Hesse said.
    Interesting...
    I think 4G is the reason Sprint skipped the Pre 2. Hesse specifically mentioned sales of Sprint's 4G phones when they were discussing Sprint's 4G network, so this will be a major selling point in the next year. Sprint will probably not carry a webOS phone unless it is 4G-enabled.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I think 4G is the reason Sprint skipped the Pre 2. Hesse specifically mentioned sales of Sprint's 4G phones when they were discussing Sprint's 4G network, so this will be a major selling point in the next year. Sprint will probably not carry a webOS phone unless it is 4G-enabled.
    I have to disagree with you. Sprint only currently has two 4G phones and they continually add phones that are not 4G to list of available phones. Not everyone is interested in 4G at this point and a lot of people are not in 4G coverage areas and do not want to pay an extra $10 a month for something they will never use. Your average consumer has no idea what 4G really is and is not something that they are shopping for yet.

I would not expect every Palm phone released on Sprint will have 4G this early in the game. I would expect them to eventually release a 4G phone, but I cannot see Sprint saying no to a phone just because it is not 4G.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ^+1

I tell you what. Sprint needs to wise up. I will definitely be done with Sprint if they stick with Wimax for 4G. They need to go LTE like the rest of the world. As an international traveller this is a bigger and bigger deal.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by adebo View Post
    I have to disagree with you. Sprint only currently has two 4G phones and they continually add phones that are not 4G to list of available phones. Not everyone is interested in 4G at this point and a lot of people are not in 4G coverage areas and do not want to pay an extra $10 a month for something they will never use.
    I agree that not everyone is interested in 4G right now (like me). But it sure looks to me that Sprint is really pushing 4G by having all their high end phones be 4G. I don't see any 3G phones on Sprint that are even as good as the Pre (IMO). The only 2 phones I would consider equal/better than the Pre are 4G.
    I think Sprint is looking for T-Mobile to buy (heavily) into WiMax while it looks at how (relatively) easy it would be to convert WiMax into LTE.

My Themes:CLICK HERE