1.    #1  
    So story starts with my speaker going out and my pre shutting off sometimes. Then, my screen starts becoming unresponxive from the bottom center outward. I take the phone to the verizon store where they say it is not a warranty issue because there is a crack in the side(everyone knows cracks cause blown speakers that are already exposed to the elements anyway? pfft.).
    So "THANKFULLY" I have insurance through Asurion! I proceed to file a claim and they say the phone has shipped.. It arrives the next day! I open the box impressed with the service only to find a LG FATHOM..
    Not satisfied i contact Asurion who says they dont have any palm pres left and that the Fathom is there most "comparible phone." So I explain how I dont think this is right and she tells me that its a newer model and all but i dont think that matters. I paid to insure my palm pre. She apologizes and we hang up.
    So I desperately call verizon where I get transferred through 4 different departments only to be told that the crack does voiud the warrantyl, the fathom is the most comparible phone, and they don't have palm pres.

I know saying all this doesnt help but I did like my pre and it frustrates me that verizon wont cover my phone because of a crack and the insurance i went out of my way to get doesnt even have the phone i paid to insure. I am extremely dissatisfied with both companies and only see two options in resolving this: buying a used pre off the internet(no?), or using this fathom.

if anyone has any ideas i would be delighted to hear them
    maybe it would be possible to wait until the pre2 comes out to do the insurance claim...
    call palm directly and talk to them . they might even have an extra pre lying around to swap with you , there was someone else that this happened to on sprint and palm replaced their phone for them !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'd call that 2 additional, solid options...
  5.    #5  
    yeah thanks a lot guys i had already considered waiting for the pre 2 but hadn't even considered calling palm.. Thanks a lot! i'll let ya know how it goes
    please do
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Wow, im sorry. I wish that you would have had the luck i had too!! :'(
  8.    #8  
    ok i chatted with someone from palm and they said i am stuck with the Fathom because my phone has damage so it voids the warranty. guess ill try and wait for the pre 2?