Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just was in my local sprint store and saw a in house document that introduced the new palm pre 2. I am not fabricating this at all, I really wanted to take a pic of the document but I really value my relationship with the people at the local sprint store...so at this point I have very little doubt that sprint will get the pre 2 probabbly as a replacement for the eol'd pre. Just wanted to share...

Ken

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/08/2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: updated title
    Picture or it didn't happen.....you know the drill!! C'mon man!!!

Sprint Pre retired....Motorola Photon (for now)
    Filthy Lies!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I'm from the show me! So you know what that means
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Just was in my local sprint store and saw a in house document that introduced the new palm pre 2. I am not fabricating this at all, I really wanted to take a pic of the document but I really value my relationship with the people at the local sprint store...so at this point I have very little doubt that sprint will get the pre 2 probabbly as a replacement for the eol'd pre. Just wanted to share...

Ken

I don't need a picture and thanks for the info. I won't hold my breath...but I hope you're right. If they do get it it'll be tougher to wait for the new HP phone...especially if it isn't hitting the market until summer...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

6.    #6  
    I am being dead serious! And didn't you read my first post? I wanted to take a pic, but don't want to ruin my confidentiallity with the manager. Actually the manager was the one who grabbed me to show me this document and also a contest that either sprint or palm was promoting to get employes to sell palm phones, of which only 1 person in or. Wa. I'd. And hi. Qualified...very sad for palm. I really don't care if people don't believe me, just thought some might wanna know, especially those of us on sprint.

Ken

That's really awesome. My outcry was more from excitement than disbelief... haha. I really wish this is true.

Can't wait!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    That's really awesome. My outcry was more from excitement than disbelief... haha. I really wish this is true.

Can't wait!!!
    So, should I Plus my Pre Minus or wait for the Sprint Pre 2?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    i would wait until after ces 2011
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    LOL theres a sprint store story every day.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    i'd love to believe you but there's no other signs that point in that direction.
    I've got no idea who the OP is, where he lives or what Sprint store he was in. However, I can corroborate his story. The Pre 2 WILL most definitely be available on Sprint...in the coming months....
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sq0 View Post
    i'd love to believe you but there's no other signs that point in that direction.
    Maybe vzw backed out of the pre2
    I am going to GRILL the palm rep when I run into him again. I had the day off the last time he was around but he did leave me some "palm" chapstick..

He loves me cause I have the pre, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Maybe vzw backed out of the pre2
    That's a very, very reasonable guess at this point. They are rumored to release the iPhone shortly after the new year and the HTC Trophy as well. That'll give them a very strong Android lineup, the iPhone (which will draw the masses like crazy) and the very well received HTC Trophy which runs Windows Phone 7. Due to the extreme delay in getting this phone launched on VZW, I'm going to guess they've put their eggs in other OS baskets.

Yes, I'd say this is a very, very strong possibility, if not a near certainty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    So, should I Plus my Pre Minus or wait for the Sprint Pre 2?
    That's a really good question. In all honesty, I don't know. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to believe this... but I guess it's really your call. To see if you'd rather wait for this or just go ahead and see when the 2 comes out or not.

Honestly, If you wanted to wait for the Pre 2, you might as well wait till the CES announcement and see if and when the new phones come to Sprint and if you can stay with your minus until then.
    If this is true, I will be the first one at the local sprint store.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That's a very, very reasonable guess at this point. They are rumored to release the iPhone shortly after the new year and the HTC Trophy as well. That'll give them a very strong Android lineup, the iPhone (which will draw the masses like crazy) and the very well received HTC Trophy which runs Windows Phone 7. Due to the extreme delay in getting this phone launched on VZW, I'm going to guess they've put their eggs in other OS baskets.

Yes, I'd say this is a very, very strong possibility, if not a near certainty.
    YankBoy, as someone who saw your turmoil and anguish while waiting for the Pre 2 on Verizon.....don't do it. Don't do this to yourself again.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    hehe i want to believe that this is true!! My launch day pre is a veteran now with the bruised and scars to prove it. And I think he is coming down with smartphone war syndrome and definitely needs to be taken off the front lines soon.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    I seriously doubt the Pre 2 is ever going to be released in the U.S....VZW, Sprint, AT&T, T Mobile, Cricket...you name it, the Pre 2 simply ain't happening. We're almost a full month after the first rumored launch date. Every other reasonable date has come and gone and the release ain't close b/c there's simply no information out there. HP/Palm can't be this good at keeping a secret. It's assumed that HP/Palm will bring something to the table at CES for a mid-2011 release, so I simply can't see any carriers wasting their time picking up this incremental upgrade when far superior phones are in the pipeline and presumable just around the corner. Why would you launch a phone basically in January when it will be rendered obsolete w/in 6 months by other phones from the same company?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast