Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Because Sprint has scads of Pre customers who would pick it up and never bat an eye and still pick up the next WebOS phone/device that could potentially launch in Spring or Summer 2011.

And I don't think obsolete is a fair term to use. The Nexus S has nearly identical specs to the Pre 2 (except a bigger screen) and it is coming out soon with much fanfare.

The Pre 2 I have is very fast and really looks nice. You won't realize the difference in appearance and feel the glass screen makes until you have it in your hand. And eventhough the screen is the same size, it has the look/feel of a larger screen because the glass is flat. And of course WebOS 2.0 is awesome. I can't wait to see some apps that really take advantage of this OS. I would give my..... well let's just say I would make some sacrifices to be able to use my Pre 2 on my Sprint account with my regular profile.
    Scads? I'm on Sprint, but I am thoroughly UNimpressed with the Pre 2. WebOS2.0 has potential because of what doors it opened, but the apps that may possibly follow are far from being ported over, and several big names have already given up on Palm. Sure, they may come back if Palm gets big again,but for now I'm looking at the Evo Shift in January. No doubt Palm/HP will be back in the game by CES the following year, so Android will need to get me through for a while.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    hehe i want to believe that this is true!! My launch day pre is a veteran now with the bruised and scars to prove it. And I think he is coming down with smartphone war syndrome and definitely needs to be taken off the front lines soon.
    LOL. My Sprint Pre has a Purple Heart with an Oak-leaf cluster (fractured display and amputated charging port cover).
    if you can't wait it out then join the robotic army and get an android device ! If your patient , well then be patient and wait ! Lol pretty simple.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i myself believe sprint will be getting a webos device soon, if not the pre 2, then early next year. Ive been on sprint for over a decade, and they carry any and every phone that is in demand. I don't believe the BS about sprint madd at Palm (as I myself confermed they are not). I know for a fact they still will be supporting Palm and Webos. Also the Pre 2 could come out anytime now. Look at VZ who has confermed they are getting it, but no word on when recently. So it can easily be released on sprint the same time as VZ, since regarding US carriers everything is a secret at this point. Same goes for Webos 2.0 pushed out. I for one would as well get the Pre 2 (and I have a plussed version running on sprint). People will buy whatever HP/Palm releases on sprint, and thats a fact. Not just on here, but on polls like the one sprint released, on magazine contests like laptopmag.com where the plus beat out android adn iphone. Just because the mindshare is low right now (due to no new hardware period) dosent mean people will not stand in line for a new webos product including the pre 2. So I'll just sit back and wait for whenever sprint gets the next device, and smile as HP rebuild the reputation of Palm and webos, and becomes a serious competitor to the only real competitor out there which does not include Android IMO.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    HP/Palm has to do something in the states and soon. Currently the Pre is 1 1/2 years old and nothing new has come out and only vague hints officially. The Pre2 is an incremental upgrade at best, yes some improvements but not a major change and people want something new not updated. They want to be able to go up to their friends and say "look at my new phone" and have something different than what they have now. Yes the iPhone remains pretty much the same with each release (don't know for sure haven't used one), but that is Apple. Please HP/Palm bring us something new and exciting.
    Says Palm Pre 2 for sprint in July.
    Discuss?
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Scads? I'm on Sprint, but I am thoroughly UNimpressed with the Pre 2. WebOS2.0 has potential because of what doors it opened, but the apps that may possibly follow are far from being ported over, and several big names have already given up on Palm. Sure, they may come back if Palm gets big again,but for now I'm looking at the Evo Shift in January. No doubt Palm/HP will be back in the game by CES the following year, so Android will need to get me through for a while.
    What did anything after the bolded part have to do with the Pre 2? Did you expect the Pre 2 to magically make more apps appear? FWIW, Palm is bigger right now than they have ever been.
    If the Palm Pre 2 is all Palm has up there sleves till July for phones. The world is going to be very disapointed.

However. Doesn't mean I won't buy it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234