Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Maybe vzw backed out of the pre2
    They are supposedly getting the iPhone.
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I went ahead and checked with my Sprint store just fishing for info. The lady I spoke to didn't know anything about the Pre 2 but asked around the store. She seemed naive enough that when she came back to me if she was trying to keep a secret I think I would have been able to tell. The only info she had was that it was supposed to be going to another carrier but they had no information if it would be coming to Sprint or not. I'm aware this is worth 0, but just thought I'd share.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Count me in the camp that would spend their upgrade on the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Sprint is going Android. Like it or not palm has no clout and is irrelevant right now. Maybe things will change , but I can't see sprint or its consumers purchasing the pre 2.
    Well, there are a lot of consumers right here saying they would purchase the Pre 2 so your second point is mute. I know I would, even though my unlocked GSM Pre 2 is on the way.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Sprint is going Android. Like it or not palm has no clout and is irrelevant right now. Maybe things will change , but I can't see sprint or its consumers purchasing the pre 2.
    I'm a Sprint customer, I would purchase a Pre 2. Can you see me?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Not to add fuel to the fire but I was in my local Sprint store and a Palm rep was there.
    His story; Sprint will carry new WebOS devices in the first quarter of 2011 and 2.0 will be released sometime then as well.
    It is what it is.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Not to add fuel to the fire but I was in my local Sprint store and a Palm rep was there.
    His story; Sprint will carry new WebOS devices in the first quarter of 2011 and 2.0 will be released sometime then as well.
    It is what it is.. .
    Always dangling that carrot a few inches away....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Always dangling that carrot a few inches away....
    It's such a tasty carrot too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    this sounds very similar to what a trusted sprint rep told me. (excuse me tech)
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I just need an announcement of an OMAP4 device before they release the Pre2 on Sprint. Then I'll have enough will power to wait it out.
    that would be awesome, but i'm not elligible for 2 years, as I used my upgrade to give my husband a desperately needed new phone after he destroyed his less than 5 month old phone. He won't be elligible until mid 11 and I doubt he'll give me his... lol. Anyhoo, I think that several people are right, people will buy whatever, because it's new... and perhaps to be different than all the other phones out there. Don't underestimate the underdog complex!!! haha... But I'll be happy even with a 2.0 update for my plussed pre... whenever that happens.... IN THE COMING MONTHS... Oy.
    Commented on Facebook. So let your dreams die

http://www.facebook.com/#!/sprint/posts/138444162875764
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    that would be awesome, but i'm not elligible for 2 years, as I used my upgrade to give my husband a desperately needed new phone after he destroyed his less than 5 month old phone. ...
    Virtually every Sprint Pre customer should be eligible for the Premier Customer upgrade every 12 months. Why would yours be 2 years?
    I too am waiting for a Pre 2 on Sprint. (or any WebOS device that might come out in the next 2 months.)

I've been holding off on my upgrade since September! Give me a new Pre SPRINT!
    Someone please take a picture of some air so the "picture or it didn't happen" crowd can breathe.
    Damn people, most Sprint employees aren't going to let a customer just walk up and take pics of an internal document, get a grip.
    Oh, and Sprint IS getting the Pre 2. A little birdie told me. I would have taken pics of his ID, but he left his wallet in his other set of wings.
    The Saint
    because one premier per acount, not per line... And I used to work fo sprint it's no where near virtually every sprint customer. Know what you say before you say t.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Virtually every Sprint Pre customer should be eligible for the Premier Customer upgrade every 12 months. Why would yours be 2 years?
    <thread title updated>
    I think Sprint "should" release it. At least it will give people choice to buy a webOS device. I, however, will wait until a dual core device is released. I think based on Ruby's statement that they are always ahead of the curve (which is proven with both Pre and PRe 2) this is a definite possibility.

That said, while I would prefer to have a webOS phone that is dual core I think I will even get an android device if it is released earlier. I am planning to get a plamPAD anyway so I will have a webOS device to play with.

On topic though, I have been sitting on my upgrade for 4 months now. It is not worth it for me to wait another 3-6 months for a 1 GHz single core device with a 3.1" screen (Pre 2).
    I hope this thread gets to 84 pages like this gem.

More from the greatest hits track selection:

From Sprint Retail Sales Rep... New palm device out by November!

SD Card!

Rumor New 4G webos device in july??

Palm C40 in the wild
    Last edited by stung; 12/09/2010 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Adding to the tracklisting
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast