1.    #1  
    Today I went in to get my phone repaired. The rep told me that Preware voids my warranty. I told him "No" and then went on telling him that Palm accepts homebrew and that they even paid for Rod Whitby to go and speak at Developer Day.

The rep went to the back, told the repair people the info I had given, and the repair people agreed to repairing my phone.

So thank you Palm for being accepting of homebrew. If it wasn't for your awesomeness of inviting Rod, I would have never gotten my phone repaired.

Palm, you need to tell Sprint not to be ignorant and remove their Preware rule.

Also, the rep had told me some info about next year's phones/tablet, which is detailed in this thread: HP has already told Sprint about new phones/tablet for after January - PreCentral Forums
    I was refused 'repair' because the 'developer mode' icon was showing and a theme was on the phone. The rep argued for 10 mins that he can't repair phones w/ custom roms. (yeah, I was already @ a boiling point as these were Pre's # 10 and # 13)

I had to, take the phone, execute Removal of theme on daughters Pre, run EPR, Hide the 'dev Mode' icon, reboot, and let him fix it.

stupid, (Yeah, I will result to name calling) rep refused to listen to me about what was wrong. After getting the phone ready for stupid, 1 hour later I returned, he says 'Well, it appears you were right, 'Parental Control' had a lock on 'Picture' messages.

THANK GOODNESS for Preware making it possible to do that on the spot, and reinstall everything on the spot.

Mr. Stupid watched in amazement and said 'My Android doesn't do that...' Instead of taking the shot @ Android I wanted to so bad, I said, 'Its not Android that doesn't do it'.
  3.    #3  
    @JohnnyPre
    Enabling developer mode should not break any warranty; it's an application that's preloaded on the phone.

Did this situation happen before or after Developer Day? I'm thinking that those of us being refused repair because of homebrew should bring up Developer Day.
    just doctor the phone if your afraid they will reject you . but preware does not void warranty only if they can see that you loaded a kernel like uberkernel or something.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The only app that could make your device voidable is Govnah. As it allows the device to run the CPU outside of recommended and factory set speeds. Even UberKernel by default doesn't damage your device.
    Sprint (repair techs) reps sometimes (mostly) have a superiority complex. I'm sure they get plenty of 'know it all' consumers, but I've 'always' got that impression. Been on Sprint for 7 (almost 8) years and have 6 lines active on two accounts. Been there alot. (sadly) aside from that, they have my account messed up, I cant even upgrade my Pre till 4/11. Yes, I'm day one Sprint Pre. 2 of them.

I've called, had them fix it. They're response, 'Wait til next billing cycle for it to show'. 5 months of repeating & still no upgrade.
    -----------------
    Palm Pre
    My Agreement
    Your agreement with us, which started on 06/05/09, will be completed on 06/06/11.
    Saving*
    Save $75 on a new phone now,
    or save $150 in
    1 1 7
    days on 04/01/11.
    -----------

6/5/09 is when I combined 2 from SEP to Everything Family Data and added 3rd & 4th line.

Sprint has me PO'd.
    Love my Sprint store. I've taken it in for repair twice, both times having it totally modded out, the Hotspot app on the quicklaunch bar, and Govnah front and center on the device settings area of my launcher page.

No way they didn't notice I had my Pre overclocked cause it was blazin when they played with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The only app that could make your device voidable is Govnah. As it allows the device to run the CPU outside of recommended and factory set speeds. Even UberKernel by default doesn't damage your device.
    this is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Also, the rep had told me some info about next year's phones/tablet, which is detailed in this thread: HP has already told Sprint about new phones/tablet for after January - PreCentral Forums
    Bwaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I would of just renamed Preware... Using the advance launcher patch
    *would have
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Threads like this make it easier to understand why Sprint passed on the last two Palm phones.