Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I've had the Pre on Sprint since launch day last June and like all the other Palm phones I've owned it's been a love/hate relationship. For the most part it's been all love for the Pre but lately it's been driving me crazy. Lately it just runs slow (even with Govnah) and stutters a lot. My notifications/ringtones will go off and instead of sounding normal it's all stuttered. And now two times in the last two days I can't even turn the phone on and have had to take the battery out.

I love WebOS and think it is hands-down the best OS out there. My daughter and brother have Android phones (one on Sprint, one on Verizon) so I know they aren't any better. But at this point I'm almost ready to jump ship just for the newer hardware. If Sprint doesn't at least announce something soon I'm going to have to either go to a new phone or a new carrier (and I don't want to have to do either).

So come on Sprint, throw me a rope or something!
    With those problems, I'd be Doctoring.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    With those problems, I'd be Doctoring.
    I suppose I might have to do that. But then I have to reinstall any homebrew apps right? I assume all the regular apps come back from my backup. I've been avoiding doctoring it just because it's even more frustrating when it goes wrong.

But I just went to delete the trash from my email (I have 5 different accounts so probably lots of trash) and now I can't even get into my email. The email screen pops up but it's blank. I rebooted (again) so we'll see what that does.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    I suppose I might have to do that. But then I have to reinstall any homebrew apps right?.....
    I think the Save/Restore app in Preware helps with this...can someone confirm?
    yes, it saves application data, and the saved package list in preware saves patches and preware content.
    you could always plus or pre2 your sprint phone. Well maybe not pre2 but plus at least.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'm with ya bud. I'm holdin' on too..
    So what if we get new hardware. Without the apps that other operating system has the new hardware will be worthless as who wants a phone that no one is writing apps for.
    Devs should license out their apps to be developed for other platforms by other devs who want it on another platform
    That's a good idea about licensing apps. I'm with the OP on wishing for a Sprint Pre 2. My launch day Pre is okay, but my wife's is kind of falling apart. In particular, the micro USB doesn't work, so no option for doctoring, saving data, etc. She can only charge with a touchstone. I can wait for a 2011 device, but I would get a Pre 2 for my wife today if we had that option.
    I'm pretty frustrated as well, but I don't really see any phones on sprint that i'd rather have... If we don't here anything at CES I will probably go android 4G...

as far as apps go, I the reason we don't get many is because of Palm's small install base. Competitive hardware and strong marketing will go a long way towards fixing that issue.
    Waiting a couple more months then I'm done.. Will HP Palm even announce a new phone at CES? What if they don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Waiting a couple more months then I'm done.. Will HP Palm even announce a new phone at CES? What if they don't?
    Even if they announce something, you still may have to wait half-a-year for it.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    So what if we get new hardware. Without the apps that other operating system has the new hardware will be worthless as who wants a phone that no one is writing apps for.
    I'm not really too concerned about the size of the app catalog. I just want a phone that does what it should do and that does it well. For instance, on my work BlackBerry I never have to wait to make a phone call. I push a button to dial and it starts. Always. Sometimes on my Pre it can take 10-15 seconds to even get to the right part of the phone that I want.

Just out of curiosity - how does doctoring goes wrong. You mean if you do something wrong by not following the correct steps.
    Well I'm just speaking from general computer experiences. A lot of times what seem like simple jobs turn into something more complicated. But I'm about to the point where I might have to just do it anyway. It's either that or throw my phone out the window and pray that it shatters into tiny little pieces just to satisfy my sense of revenge Because now I can't even access my contacts.....*** (that problem just started this morning).
    What good is a great piece of hardware with a great os if we are not getting great apps. Espn, yahoo fantasy,aol with face book chat built right into it. Nesen which is my locale cable sports network. All these apps and many many more that I could not live without now.

Sent using taptalk.
    In for the whining also. But hey, least we got the doctor!