1.    #1  
    Saw this thread on Crackberry forums:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/rum...urpise-555501/
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I'll probably make the switch to the Torch if it comes to Sprint. I'm tired of waiting for Palm/HP, and I like that the Torch is a serious real phone, with voice commands, visual voicemail, document editing, and a calendar with a more informative month view. I like that Blackberry doesn't try to force you to use their cloud by not providing a slot for a micro sd card. I like that the Torch supports open source music codecs like ogg. I like the Torch's superior battery life, and that the Blackberry servers can be accessed for free on Sprint.

I love the Pre form factory (the awesome keyboard will be the the main reason I hesitate to make the switch, I think), but I'm feeling more and more like I'm ready to use a phone form a company that has an unquestionable commitment to providing products that are serious machines for getting things done in the real world.

If I can't have Angry Birds too, then so be it!
    Last edited by hopfrog; 12/02/2010 at 12:00 AM.
  3.    #3  
    I played with an AT&T Torch at Best Buy once, and it seemed like a solid phone, hardware-wise.

What I would really like to have is a Pre 2 equivalent phone (or better) running webOS in the BB Torch exterior.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Wow; more info on the playbook today. Paired up with this, the Torch is looking like a better and better option:

The BlackBerry PlayBook Gets Its Video Close Up
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Wow; more info on the playbook today. Paired up with this, the Torch is looking like a better and better option:

The BlackBerry PlayBook Gets Its Video Close Up
    wow they completely copied the whole card thing on webos! swipe up to close!? wow!
    interesting
    heard bb placed bid to buy palm but hp won out. too bad. wish bb had bought palm. bb is a phone company. we would of had new phones now (and probably tablets).

since bb got outbid for webos, looks like they decided to copy its UI. oh well.