Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pretty much down to my last day to tell Verizon what I want in trade for Pre Plus. Would love some inside information if any exists. Several have suggested it is delayed until January. Someone else said they can guarantee it's on its way very soon. My back-up at this point would be the Samsung Continuum, but that would very distant 2nd to the Pre 2. Regardless, I have to decide on Friday.
    Technically, January would be very soon.

Not a lot of working days left in 2010.

We're all impatient, hang in there, be happy with what you have and the Pre 2 will be here before you know it.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
    Technically, January would be very soon.

Not a lot of working days left in 2010.

We're all impatient, hang in there, be happy with what you have and the Pre 2 will be here before you know it.

Well, VZ is letting me trade for anything I want b/c of the GPS problem. I just think I'd be stupid not to take a free phone now when my upgrade is in 12/11. But I've got to decide what I want (if anything) by Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Well, VZ is letting me trade for anything I want b/c of the GPS problem. I just think I'd be stupid not to take a free phone now when my upgrade is in 12/11. But I've got to decide what I want (if anything) by Friday.
    If VZW is really willing to give you any phone you want, you should take it lol. That's a great deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If VZW is really willing to give you any phone you want, you should take it lol. That's a great deal!
    What did you tell the people at verizon when you went in? This GPS issue has been the biggest issue of the pre plus. My upgrade date isnt until 7/11, and i've already made up my mind that I am going to try out android until july (where hopefully the palm superphone will be avail).

I was just gonna buy an android device off contract, but if I can get VZW to let me trade for whatever, that'd be amazing.
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by callen10 View Post
    What did you tell the people at verizon when you went in? This GPS issue has been the biggest issue of the pre plus. My upgrade date isnt until 7/11, and i've already made up my mind that I am going to try out android until july (where hopefully the palm superphone will be avail).

I was just gonna buy an android device off contract, but if I can get VZW to let me trade for whatever, that'd be amazing.
    I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and had a call the next day from VZ Consumer Relations. I hate to leave WebOS but given the delay with the Pre 2, I might go Android until 12/11. I can live for a year and hopefully by then HP/Palm can have everything straightened out.
  7.    #7  
    Dropped into a VZ store that I passed today to ask if they knew anyting about the Pre 2. I expected to get confused looks and shrugs of the shoulders. However, the first guy seemed totally aware of the Pre 2, but said he didn't know a release date but that his manager would. The manager also said they didn't have a release date yet. I know it's not much, but I'm just encouraged that they both heard of the Pre 2 (or at least acted like it).
    I just came back from the vzw store to once again, fix my wife's droid. Her incredible gave her all kind of problems with her bluetooth and dropped calls, so we exchanged it for the droid 2. A phone that has been discontinued from it's initial iteration THREE MONTHS SINCE IT's RELEASE!!! This phone is buggy as hell, from wifi problems, to lags (probably due to the blur interface) to sudden drops in battery life, to now...random reboots, non-responsive motorola widgets for the camera, receiving text messages 15 minutes late, and random phone calls....

soooo...to get back to the point, while getting her phone serviced, I perused the latest vzw customer catalog: Droid pro and samsung continuum are shown, labelled as "coming soon, along with the lg vortex labelled as "new." guess what else is there...the pre 2, picture and all, labelled "coming soon." given that the continuum and droid pro have just been released, it's again confirms that the phone's release on vzw has been delayed, and I'm sure it's because of vzw's "stringent" testing...of course, they supposedly tested my wife's droid phones and my pre plus' double type issues when it was first released before the software updated fixed it...yeah right. Vzw is just plain ole delaying it's launch for whatever silly reason they have.

interesting tidbits though...the technician has a dummy unit pre 2...but hasn't received training on it. Furthermore, my store still has the pre PLUS on display, between the blackberry tour and a droid X. No where to be found in the store: pixi plus! There are 2 hp netbooks on display...along with the ipad and galaxy tab...hopefully hp and vzw will have a good relationship going forward with hp's roadmap.

anyways...there's my "inside" info

There is this wired guy on here that works for Verizon but getting any info is real hard because he's a little uptight !!! lol ltm ltm lol ltm ltm hi there buddy !!! ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ask a sales rep. I sales rep told me sales reps are all-knowing,
    I wonder if Verizon is delaying pre-2 so to get rid of pre-plus inventory.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I wonder if Verizon is delaying pre-2 so to get rid of pre-plus inventory.

But the Pre Plus is eol on VZ, right? So they can't be getting rid of inventory b/c they aren't even selling it. I don't see the Pre Plus at either of my 2 local VZ stores or at the one I visited today in another city.
    no its eol but they do have phones ready for replacement im sure
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14.    #14  
    Maybe it'll just magically show up on Black Friday.

Maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    There is this wired guy on here that works for Verizon but getting any info is real hard because he's a little uptight !!! lol ltm ltm lol ltm ltm hi there buddy !!! ha ha ha
    Who?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    my vzw store is still selling the pre plus.
    it's there, on display, along with a touchstone and pink grt case on display below it, next to accessories for the blackberry curve and droid X.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    my vzw store is still selling the pre plus.
    it's there, on display, along with a touchstone and pink grt case on display below it, next to accessories for the blackberry curve and droid X.
    Mine to they actually have 2 pre plus on display.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  18.    #18  
    Heard this as a possibility. Can anyone confirm or discredit?
    No but the rule of thumb is if you haven't heard a good rumour by 8, start one by 9.

I haven't paid much attention to whether or not this is true or if it's been reported (I'm not on Verizon so it doesn't matter to me anyway) but here's an old-ish one I found online:
    Verizon iPhone in January? Wait a Minute... - PCWorld

OMG, have you heard? The iPhone is coming to Verizon. Like, for real this time. It'll happen next January. Or maybe sometime this summer. Either way, it's practically a guarantee. Because, you know, sources with close knowledge of the situation have confirmed it.

If you find yourself shaking your head and sighing, you aren't alone. The Verizon iPhone rumors, reignited this week thanks to a new report by Bloomberg, have been floating around for years. And every time a fresh one emerges, the Internet and more than a few investors erupt in excitement.

The latest rumor, in case you haven't heard, is that Verizon will start selling Apple's iPhone in January of 2011. The info comes from -- you guessed it -- "people familiar with the plans."

Hey, it could be true. But just for some perspective, I thought I'd dig up some of the past instances where we've heard equally certain-sounding predictions about the iPhone's big future on Big Red.

Take a deep breath -- here we go.

September 2008: The iPhone Will Reach Verizon in Early 2009.

Back in the fall of 2008, Apple blog 9to5Mac.com published a report suggesting the iPhone would make its Verizon debut in 2009, possibly as early as January.

Citing a tipster who had "Verizon insider credentials," the blog said Apple was in final negotiations with Verizon and should have everything locked down by the end of the year.

April 2009: Scratch That -- The Verizon iPhone Is On for Early 2010.

After the early '09 Verizon iPhone rumor didn't pan out, it didn't take long for some new scuttlebutt to take its place. Last spring, the hot news was that 2009's iPhone would be the last one exclusive to AT&T, and the Verizon model would launch sometime in 2010.

October 2009: Oh Yeah! 70 Percent Chance of a Verizon iPhone in 2010.

The odds heated up in October when Piper analyst Chris Larsen predicted there was a 70 percent chance of Verizon getting the iPhone in 2010. In related news, your local TV weatherman predicts there's a 70 percent chance of it raining tomorrow; both numbers are equally meaningful.

October 2009: Can We Make That Late 2010?

That same month, Wall Street analyst Brian Marshall told clients Apple would bring its baby over to Verizon sometime in the second half of 2010.

Marshall, by the way, also said this past January that Apple's then-upcoming tablet -- what we now know as the iPad -- would utilize Verizon's data network. He even cited sources close to the situation.

"The tablet will be supported by multiple [mobile] carriers," Marshall said. "Definitely Verizon. I've been told that's a certainty."

January 2010: Hang On -- The Verizon iPhone Is Happening This Month!

Canaccord Adams analyst Peter Misek -- who may or may not now hold the title of "Canaccord Adams mail boy" -- went on the record in January as saying that Apple would be announcing a Verizon iPhone at its mysterious "latest creation" event (which, of course, turned out to be all about the iPad).

"Together with our semi-conductor partners, we have ascertained that there is a reasonable chance the Asian supply chain is prepping for mass production of a new iPhone in March, for availability in late Q2, likely June," Misek stated, as reported by the gang at All Things Digital. "The phone will be carried on Verizon and hence will operate on the CDMA network."

Whoops.

March 2010: OK, That Didn't Work. Let's Try Late 2010 Again.

Our ever-popular "people familiar with matters" piped up again in March, saying that a CDMA-ready version of the iPhone would hit assembly lines in September. Well, all righty, then. It's settled.

Unless...

May 2010: Maybe It'll Be In Early 2011?

Everyone's favorite analyst, Brian Marshall -- remember, the late-2010-for-iPhone-and-definitely-Verizon-for-iPad guy from above? -- came out of hiding last month to toss yet another bold prediction out into the world.

This time, Marshall said the Verizon iPhone would happen in the first quarter of 2011. He left out words like "certainty" and "definitely" this go-round, though.

What's next -- Marshall making predictions about when he'll next make predictions? Good grief.

Also in May: Verizon's Working on an iPhone Ad Campaign, and AT&T Actually Has the iPhone Till 2012.

Hmm. How about we just say these last two rumors cancel each other out?

In the end, at least you can take comfort in this: The Verizon iPhone, if it actually is happening, is probably still several months away. And that means you have plenty of time to master the magical four-fingered grip you'll need to get the damn thing to work.

JR Raphael is a PCWorld contributing editor and the co-founder of eSarcasm. You can find him on Facebook: facebook.com/The.JR.Raphael
    wow so ur suggesting that they'll launch the phone tomorrow? I'll believe that when I see it! Lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast