Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Personally I don't have vzw but I would just like to see what others think

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    other than the recent issues with GPS, I've been very happy with VZW for almost 10 years. Best coverage and best customer service compared to my time on other carriers. Sorry.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    other than the recent issues with GPS, I've been very happy with VZW for almost 10 years. Best coverage and best customer service compared to my time on other carriers. Sorry.
    No need to be sorry.. I actually want non biased opinions!

Something I don't like is needing to have my phone activated on Verizon's primary network before data will work on their Extended (partner) Network. But I assume this is a CDMA limitation that probably applies to Sprint as well.
    they're expensive
    Too expensive!
    http://www.getfullwrench.com/images/...-SprintCup.jpg

about as unbiased as you can get....that's my 2
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    GPS, cost.

Network is superb.
    Coming from AT&T, Verizon is SO much better. Better coverage, better customer service, no surprises come billing. I've never been on Sprint but I'm happy on Verizon.
    I have had Verizon for many years and actually like their network and service. The local stores have supported my families’ communication needs without any problems or shakedowns. So I don’t think Verizon “Sucks”.

I do have a problem with Verizon corporate for crippling the GPS and other smartphone functions. Verizon has been very slow to respond to OS upgrades and makes no attempt at parity between different phones on their network.

Last edited by not-yet-pre; 11/23/2010 at 05:24 PM.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    the way they sell palm devices,dating back to the treo 755p, followed by the the choice not to carry the 800w and treo pro, followed by their total mishandling of webOS devices on their network.

otherwise the network is outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    No need to be sorry.. I actually want non biased opinions!

verizon is too expensive and they have that tiered plans instead of the unlimited plans . really ?? you dont use verizon ?? really ????

my bad let me rephrase that ; they are going to tiered plans ! sorry
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 11/25/2010 at 08:11 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    my data plan with vzw is unlimited.
    Because when I called to order a Touchstone they asked me if I wanted to order a "Palm Touchstone Phone".

I'm still wondering what that would look like.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Verizon sucks for the way they handled the Pre/Pixi Plus launch.

But the network is reliable and the customer service is great.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    I love this thread title. It migt as well be 'have you stopped beating your wife.' because it contains the same type of false assumptions.

fail
    They made me gat a data plan when I switched to the Pre from the Treo 650 (and earlier Kyocera 7135). I just had the no charge "Minutes of Use" data usage on those phones.
    The also eliminated my free detailed billing when I switched.

Other than that I've been happy with the network coverage and customer service.
    Over the past year, five of my friends switched from AT&T to Verizon for the network reliability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    verizon is too expensive and they have that tiered plans instead of the unlimited plans . really ?? you dont use verizon ?? really ????
    Tiered plans instead of unlimited plans???

Last I check an unlimited plan was the TOP of their tiers...

Their coverage is bad! Had no signal on their service, when I lived in PA and my roommate can't even use it without roaming here where he lives!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinfusor View Post
    Verizon sucks for the way they handled the Pre/Pixi Plus launch.
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast