Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Good call, thanks. For clarity purposes I never overclocked. I thought about it, but that was the extent of me dabbling in that. No app no nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    Good call, thanks. For clarity purposes I never overclocked. I thought about it, but that was the extent of me dabbling in that. No app no nothing.
    Alright, let's just keep in mind that techs aren't fully trained in every phone.

If they see something out of the ordinary that can be enough to tip em off.

Obviously it's quite impossible for a tech to know every phone.

Not trying to make excuses but just trying to be realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    Orignally I had Preware installed along with some packages and patches. I doctored it and took it in but they gave me this.

Sprint told me that my insurance would replace the phone for a $100 deductible, which is the current price of the Pre.
    Funny since every single Sprint store in the Orlando area is VERY much aware of Preware and suggest it to customers to better sell the phone. I actually saw one activate the device, install preware, load uberkernel and govnah on it and told the customer now the phone will be just as fast as the EVO.

Sound like you got hosed by someone not willing to do the paperwork for replacement.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4.    #44  
    well after getting no where on the phone, i sent email to sprint solutions. they agreed to cover the $100 deductible asurion is going to charge me.

this is bittersweet. but at least i have a replacement phone now.

now on to seeing if i can replace my db3 file successfully.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123