1.    #1  
    and the tech support just told me to go update the network settings even tho I told him I already did.

so, im still gonna have sucky data and im not happy about it
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    and the tech support just told me to go update the network settings even tho I told him I already did.

Do you have the "roam only" patch? It might be helpful if you are in an area with poor coverage.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Do you have the "roam only" patch? It might be helpful if you are in an area with poor coverage.
    i wish it was poor coverage....i sit at home in my living room with 5 of 5 bars.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Try this: Press ##EVDO# and tap on "Save" that will refresh your evdo signal. It works for me when I'm getting 1x signal, or nothing at all.
    i tried that, we'll see how it acts over the next day or so
    @agentmock

Sometimes the device is defective. Call Sprint and have them transfer you to a 2nd level tech. Complain about the problem that you're experiencing, and let them know that you dont want this phone. They'll either send you a replacement, or tell you to take it to a repair center.

Best of luck.
  6.    #6  
    Sometimes the device is defective. Call Sprint and have them transfer you to a 2nd level tech. Complain about the problem that you're experiencing, and let them know that you dont want this phone. They'll either send you a replacement, or tell you to take it to a repair center.

Best of luck.
    im afraid they'll take my pre and try and give me android crap lol. i'll deal with no data before i give up my pre
    @agentmock

im afraid they'll take my pre and try and give me android crap lol. i'll deal with no data before i give up my pre
    They will only swap your pre for a pixi. They would give you an option between a pixi, or another refurbish pre. I took the pre and was very please..(Meaning the device felt like it was Robustly rebuilt) I strongly suggest you replace that phone - before they all are gone.

Ok I had the same problem and they fixed it within 12 hours. Heres what you do. Call tech support and tell them that you and all your friends who have sprint in the area dont have data service and get them to let you speak to the guy who can check the nearest tower and they will most likely say the tower has no evdo, only voice and they don't know why. Then they should create a ticket and fix it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Ok I had the same problem and they fixed it within 12 hours. Heres what you do. Call tech support and tell them that you and all your friends who have sprint in the area dont have data service and get them to let you speak to the guy who can check the nearest tower and they will most likely say the tower has no evdo, only voice and they don't know why. Then they should create a ticket and fix it.
    i would def do that.....but in cities 100+ miles from here I get the same issues. So i know its not my specific tower thats the issue
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've been having perodic data outages lately too. There doesn't seen to be any rhyme or reason for them, my Pre just won't connect to the net. I have just been putting it ito airplane mode for about 30 secods, then turning off airplane mode and everything works fine. I'm not sure what the problem really is, but what I do seems to work...at least for a day or so...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    I've been having perodic data outages lately too. There doesn't seen to be any rhyme or reason for them, my Pre just won't connect to the net. I have just been putting it ito airplane mode for about 30 secods, then turning off airplane mode and everything works fine. I'm not sure what the problem really is, but what I do seems to work...at least for a day or so...
    i wish i could even find something like this that would work for me
    @agentmock

12.    #12  
    Try this: Press ##EVDO# and tap on "Save" that will refresh your evdo signal. It works for me when I'm getting 1x signal, or nothing at all.
    i think that actually fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks a ton
    @agentmock