Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I've never had a problem making or receiving calls when roaming. It usually works fine on Sprint or Verizon towers.

Posted from my eVo!
    What about using data, like using Sprint Navigation, or browsing the internet while roaming on Verizon towers?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    What about using data, like using Sprint Navigation, or browsing the internet while roaming on Verizon towers?
    They have data roaming agreements with Verizon as well, but you may have to enable it first. Go into the phone app and then open preferences (app menu). Go about 1/2 to 2/3 down the options and there should be an option for enabling data roaming. Set it to "Enabled"

But keep in mind that there may be some issues with aGPS, though I've never experienced them. The reason I say this is that aGPS relies on your carriers servers and I'm not sure what issues may come up if you're using roaming while trying to get aGPS data (shouldn't be any issues, but it may come up). The same can be said about Sprint Nav.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    OK, so maybe this isn't the right thread for this...and ya'll can tell me to start a new thread if that is the case...but the question of what phones to get is now upon me. I'm not going to the top of the line phones...they aren't necessary and my budget doesn't need that hit. I just want decent phones that will do the job.

My wife doesn't really care about having a smartphone, and doesn't want to deal with setting thing up so I think an Android phone is out. Maybe a basic 3g multimedia phone, maybe the Pixie (no wifi, but...)

My girls are 18 and 15 and both like to text and maybe use Facebook. My oldest would benefit with web browsing the most...so her phone could be an Android...and my 15 year old might like the customization of an android phone also...so, how about these: LG Optimus S, Sanyo Zio, Samsung Transform, Samsung Intercept? These are all $50 or less after rebate. Anybody have any thoughts on these phones?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12