Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Well.. what a long, strange trip we've been on Verizon.

Got my original Pre Plus from you in May 2010, and while the keyboard wasn't perfect, it was serviceable. Fast forward to September, when two of the keys on the keyboard finally stopped working completely. You were polite and helpful, and offered to send me out a new unit right away.

My new Pre Plus arrived like a package from Santa. Opened up, reactivated, and reloaded all my photos, wallpapers, ringtones, ect.. the new keyboard was flawless, like a proper keyboard should be. Called a friend to ask how the reception was.. and found that the ear speaker was broken. Once again, I called you and your rep was very helpful.. sent me out a refurbished phone overnight, along with an apology.

My third Pre arrived.. broken keyboard and broken charging door out of the box.

My fourth Pre arrived.. broken keyboard.

My fifth Pre arrived.. broken keyboard. Your tech support rep actually told me to take it to the local corporate store for inspection. Tech took one look at it and went in the back and just got me another Pre from a box.

My current Pre is number six.. horrible reception. In my home, where I previously had 5 bars of signal, I now fluctuate between 3 and 4. The GPS is often 2-3 miles off. Called tech no-support a bit ago and your supervisor told me that your warranty agreement with Palm prevents you from offering me any other phone than another Palm. You offered me a Pixi, but told me that i'd have to buy a back and battery for it separately. Seriously?!?

Pre number seven is on the way.

At this point.. i'm simply at a loss. I keep hoping that i'm getting lucky #7 Pre, but i've lost the faith.

*exasperated sigh*

Anyone have any suggestions at this point?
    Last edited by Keldog; 11/16/2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    At some point, you have to assume it's not just bad luck. I'm on Pre Plus #1. I have a couple of iffy keys on my keyboard, but not bad enough to take it back, especially not after reading your tale of woe.

The timeline must be wrong, though. I think the Verizon Pre Plus came out at the beginning of 2010.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Oops.. my goof.. I got it in May 2010. Fixed.
    I got mine in July 2010 from VZW and Oct 16 the earpiece went bad. Was sent a refurb, bad keyboard, sent another-bad keyboard, went on a 3 way call with Palm and sent my original to Palm to get the ear piece fixed. Got it back ear piece fixed but bluetooth no longer working (was told my headset was not compatible...go figure I had been using them since the 2nd week of owning the Pre), called VZW (a manager had agreed to keep servicing my Pre through warranty even though I sent it to Palm to be fixed, noted my file, I guess once you deal with Palm they are out of it but I still had my original Pre). Sent another refurb, works great! So far anyway!

This whole time VZW assured me their phones go through 100 point inspections and are in like new condition when sent. LOL Maybe their opinion of like new is different than mine but when keys do not move it's not like new to me. I'm sticking it out for now 16 more months with them but seriously thinking of going to another carrier when my contract is up.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Ive had the same Palm Pre + in March, Ive had no hardware problems as of yet.

I had the repeating keys but that turned out to be a software problem. I believe the GPS issue you are describing is also software related. There are many discussions about that in the forums.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Just as an update, Pre #7 is also a dud. The keys on the keyboard are so hard, you can't even push them down. I'm getting ready to call them back now.
    sounds like they had a bad batch of refurbs and keep sending you more from that pile. you should try to force them to send you a brand new one and see how that goes.

all of the refurbs they sent me were pretty good, although it's been a few months since I've needed one.