Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Oh my craps, with Sprint killing the Pre and leaving only the Pixi, if my Pre breaks from now until if-Sprint-ever-gets-another-phone, will the reps try to spin me to a Pixi? I don't want a Pixi! I want a Palm Pre!

You think there will be sufficient stock to replace warranty/TEP Pre's? Because if my phone breaks around Christmas, and I have no choice but the Pixi, I might just jump off Sprint (I've been off contract for a long time)

<BIG_RANT>
    Those boogers better not try to jip me out of WebOs 2.0 either; I was promised Flash on the Pre BEFORE I bought it; that, alongside MotionMpps Classic, were both major motivational factors in my purchase. Now they're axing Pre support, and axing Classic as well!

Maybe I can just bend over and make it easier for HP/Palm/Sprint/Zeus
    </BIG_RANT>
    they will have plenty of refurbs for replacements.
    and they won't steer you from a Pre to a Pixi, to a Droid or Blackberry is more likely.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    <BIG_RANT>
    Those boogers better not try to jip me out of WebOs 2.0 either; I was promised Flash on the Pre BEFORE I bought it; that, alongside MotionMpps Classic, were both major motivational factors in my purchase. Now they're axing Pre support, and axing Classic as well!

Maybe I can just bend over and make it easier for HP/Palm/Sprint/Zeus
    </BIG_RANT>
    Or you could show them you mean business and buy the competitions phone while giving them the one finger salute confirming there #1 status
    yeah they even tried pushing the evo to some people ( with a small upgrade charge of course ) lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Not a huge deal with prices on ebay and clist. Save that precious upgrade!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    It seems you guys think there will be ample refurb replacements, but what timeframe do you think Sprint will push webos 2.0 out? After CES?
    I just ordered a replacement pre today, no charge thanks to tep
    Let's suppose they run out of replacements. What would my options be?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    they won't run out for a long time. They know how many are under contract and for how long.
    Sprint doesnt supply the refurbs, Assurion does. They have PLENTY.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Sprint customers who utilize the ESRP (Equipment Service Repair Program) portion of their TEP will be issued a Factory Refurb from palm...

Those that utilize ERP (Equipment Replacement Program) which is provided by Asurion, will receive asurion refurbs at a cost of $100 per incident

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    What's the difference between TEP and ERP? I'm pretty sure I have TEP on my plan because the last couple of times I replaced my Pre, it didn't charge me a dime. Is that the difference? TEP you get it 100% free, whereas ERP you have to pay $100?
    if that is truly the case, and I have the $7 monthly insurance on my Pre, what can Sprint do for me if I something happens to my Pre but they no longer carry the phone? Should I just cancel the insurance and save money?

Should I try to get a refurb now before all of them are gone? My current Pre (the 4th one) has the crack extending from the usb door and is slowly extending onto the screen. Also, there are many microcracks extending from the gesture area.

any advice is truly appreciated...
    They will replace it with another phone thats around the same price range..From the looks of it, the Palm Pre might be equivalent to a flip phone, so YAYYYYYYYY you and your new flip phone.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 11/15/2010 at 09:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Hey OP, I had the same concern here:

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...lacements.html
    and they will have plenty of refurbs available for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Let's suppose they run out of replacements. What would my options be?
    If you're still in the 1-year warranty period, you could get it repaired by Palm at no cost. If you're out of warranty I think a repair would set you back $100.
    I talked to Sprint about this yesterday and guessed I would get an Intercept but then again he also said the blackberry flip uses webos, rofl
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    What's the difference between TEP and ERP? I'm pretty sure I have TEP on my plan because the last couple of times I replaced my Pre, it didn't charge me a dime. Is that the difference? TEP you get it 100% free, whereas ERP you have to pay $100?
    TEP = ERP+ESRP

its the Bundle

i dont know if they even offer it separate anymore, but thats what it boils down too,

sprint has their own refurbs they carry from manufacturer under the ESRP
    and Asurion has their own replacements under the ERP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast