Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21  
    I am in the same boat as you, OP.

    I contacted Sprint's Executive Customer Service and was advised that there will be plenty of re-furbs available should something happen to our phones.

    I also expressed my disappointment that Sprint has yet to make any announcement regarding their support, or lack thereof, of the Pre 2 or any future Web OS smartphone devices.
    I got the standard response that everyone else has gotten that you've read about all over these forums.

    I then asked (since I am still under contract) how my my ETF would be should I decide to leave Sprint for Verizon. She told me the price and then said, don't rush into it... "you never know what could be coming down the line in the near future."

    Take it for what it's worth, which honestly, is probably nothing.
  2. #22  
    So my launch day Pre bit the big one today. I went to my local store just now and they didn't have any replacement units in stock. They said they get shipments every day, what is the likelihood they will be able to provide me with a replacement tomorrow afternoon?
  3. #23  
    Almost all of the Pre's that were returned by all the people around these parts 2, 3, 4, and more times have gone into that pool. I assume that there are tons of refurbs out there to be had.
  4. #24  
    very good,,if he put the order in today you should have it by tomorrow afternoon
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    very good,,if he put the order in today you should have it by tomorrow afternoon
    The problem is I came in around 7PM and he said the daily deadline for techs to even look at a device is 6PM. So I'm guessing no order has gone in yet as the tech has not determined it's unrecoverable yet. Which is why I'm asking. I have a long drive tomorrow night and don't want to get lost with no GPS.
  6. shotyme's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The problem is I came in around 7PM and he said the daily deadline for techs to even look at a device is 6PM. So I'm guessing no order has gone in yet as the tech has not determined it's unrecoverable yet. Which is why I'm asking. I have a long drive tomorrow night and don't want to get lost with no GPS.
    Yeah, you will probably have to wait another day. I had an issue with my Pre yesterday and took it to the sprint store around 1. It was ready today. It just depends on the time they make the request and which warehouse it ships from
  7. #27  
    I received my replacement Pre today, from assurion. It was covered under the TEP insurance rather than the warranty (I got it in 02/10) since the housing was cracked off on the side from the USB port to top corner. The Sprint rep told me it was the worst he had ever seen, lol. Only reason I took it in was because I could not get it out of headset mode at all. The screen creaks more than my old one, same amount of oreo (which wasn't too bad).
  8. #28  
    went to Sprint today...they're ordering me one. Due in by Tuesday.

    ... holding out until all the new devices come out in early 2011
  9. #29  
    Like ReadDeal71, I reached out to my Sprint corporate account rep. He said that there is plenty of re-furbished hardware available.
  10. #30  
    I spoke with my Sprint Corporate Account Rep and he said that there is plenty of hardware in the system for swap-outs. You may have to deal with the upsell to the Evo or it's ilk, however.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    I received my replacement Pre today, from assurion. It was covered under the TEP insurance rather than the warranty (I got it in 02/10) since the housing was cracked off on the side from the USB port to top corner. The Sprint rep told me it was the worst he had ever seen, lol. Only reason I took it in was because I could not get it out of headset mode at all. The screen creaks more than my old one, same amount of oreo (which wasn't too bad).
    You know with the $7 Tep insurance you shouldve have received a replacement free of charge.
    Sprint recently changed their policy on this.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they will have plenty of refurbs for replacements.
    This.
  13. #33  
    got my replacement this week and the wifi wouldn't work correctly, the battery would lose its charge even though it was plugged in, the space bar didn't work correctly, the keyboard's backlight only worked on half of the keyboard, and the battery went from 48% to 0% last night...other than that, it's a great replacement.

    ...I went back to Sprint and they ran tests and said the data connection was bad too so they're ordering me another phone...up to number 6 (I think)
  14. philbw's Avatar
    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    #34  
    I went in to Sprint and said my space bar wasn't working right. They didn't even look at my beaten and battered Pre. Just ordered up a refurb. Picked it up the next day. Works as good as new. I don't know what all this paranoia about stock drying up overnight is about. My Sprint store (Wilsonville, OR, Portland suburb) still sells the Pre new and has one on display. Rep said people are still buying them new. Anyway, there will more than likely be *plenty* of refurbs available until Sprint gets some new WebOS hardware.

    - Phil -
  15. #35  
    honestly if anyone can afford it, you should really think about doing the sprint plus swap. you can get a plus version (bad esn) off of like ebay most are new or very good condition between 60-120 buy now from companys. Then ask someone like ASHI on here (which did mine in 1 day) or sirox (webosworld). I have done so and I have the Verizon version, and must say the plus version are a whole lot better then the sprint version. More sturdier, alot faster because of the extra ram, better build, and just a better sleeker look. It will def hold me over until new hardware comes to sprint in a few months.
  16. saves's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #36  
    I have the TEP coverage and my screen shattered when I dropped it for the 100th time(this time was like a 8 foot drop =D ). I have a Pixi. I went ahead and bought a used Pre off ebay today, as I assumed a shattered (not just cracked, it looks like spider web) screen would not be a "covered" event, the phone is only like 8 mo old. If I went to have it replaced, I would be charged $100 correct? Am I correct in thinking the 'free' replacements are only for malfunctions from normal wear and tear? (like buttons breaking or speaker problems etc) Problems like mine or getting it wet would not be a 'free' replacement and need to pay the $100 right?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    I have the TEP coverage and my screen shattered when I dropped it for the 100th time(this time was like a 8 foot drop =D ). I have a Pixi. I went ahead and bought a used Pre off ebay today, as I assumed a shattered (not just cracked, it looks like spider web) screen would not be a "covered" event, the phone is only like 8 mo old. If I went to have it replaced, I would be charged $100 correct? Am I correct in thinking the 'free' replacements are only for malfunctions from normal wear and tear? (like buttons breaking or speaker problems etc) Problems like mine or getting it wet would not be a 'free' replacement and need to pay the $100 right?
    See http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...cy-change.html
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  18. saves's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #38  
    Grrr! I looked around all morning and didn't come across that post. Gees I wish I had before I went and panicked and bought that used Pre from ebay. Who knows really what kind of shape its in, I mean it may 'look' good but never know if 2mo the slider breaks or something. And I'm not really a fan of the Pre form factor, that's why I got the Pixi, but used Pixi's are more expensive than Pre's. Who knows maybe I'll end up liking it and sell the refurb Pixi back on ebay.

    Apps that are compatible with both models will be kept in my profile right? I know I'd have to buy Angry Birds again being as the Pixi version is different, but I sure hope News Room is still purchased.

    Thanks for that link, if only I had waited some. It just sucks not being able to make calls. I can still receive them though, the touchscreen works and will let me unlock the screen and answer calls. Hah.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions