Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    and basically no real news on the Pre 2 this week. Is HP/Palm not pushing this phone or is Verizon just not in a hurry to get it out? Both? We already have the Samsung Continuum out and solid release dates for the Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global for this coming week. And not to mention you can now get the Pre 2 in 17 countries, one of which is NOT the U.S. It just seems as though it's pulling teeth to get the slightest bit of information on the phone's release from HP/Palm or VZW. All we've had this week is a change from "coming months" to "coming soon".
    Well given the other phones staged to come out at one point, HP may be making a point to do a large media blitz instead of a partial one now on a very similar device to the previous lack-luster in sales phones.

But it tells you something's up, no marketing usually means the company either feels it will perform up to par on it's own, or they see that it'll hurt an upcoming or current campaign. I would imagine pretty soon we'll be surrounded by more news than you can handle.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Yup. Eager Sprint Pre user here. I feel ya.

Wonder if they are stalling 'til CES for Pre 2? (That would be a dumb mistake) In my happy-dreamland I picture a Pre 2 launch on all 4 major US networks at once.

But we all know that won't happen. =P
    I posted this in another thread and thought I would post it here as well. My friend who works for VZ messaged me on fb earlier today and said he was holding the Pre 2 dummy in is hands. So it should be very soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    According to this customer the Pre 2 will be DOA.

I wandered into the local Bell store the other day, and frankly got an earful about just how bad Palm pre was as far as the staff were concerned. Now i live in a small town, older population, something like web os is lost on the majoritiy of them. Saying that, the local shop sold 10 or so according to them, I put most this down to the fact none of the staff knew how to even work the damn thing, and really lousy in store advertising, the claim was the pre hardware build was so bad that 9 of the ten came back, most several times. Seems mine was the only one that did not have a real hardware or software issue. They are really hoping that they have seen the last of these phones, they dont care if there is a new build with glass or not. the kids words were, "the hardware is crap, and the software continually froze up on the users.".
    now with a 399 british pound cost for a new phone, I have to really think hard about staying with this product. I am a huge palm fan, have been since the palm pilot, but thats a lot of money on top of what I have already spent.

By xForsaken
    Last edited by kinster02; 11/12/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyckedankh View Post
    I posted this in another thread and thought I would post it here as well. My friend who works for VZ messaged me on fb earlier today and said he was holding the Pre 2 dummy in is hands. So it should be very soon.

probably still 2 weeks away
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I predict the 18th.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    As I've said in other threads, the guy at the Verizon store said the 18th. It does seem likely.
  9.    #9  
    Will it bring news of the Pre 2's U.S. release?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I sure hope so this is insane.
    +1... then I just gota sort things out with my local Vzn staff so I don't get nailed on upgrade costs...

Maybe that's part of the delay... since they only launched Pre+ Jan 25 earlier this year...

russ
    i hope it brings an anouncment of something other then the pre2
    Pre 2 - Pre 2... I can't stop saying that. I hope this is the big news.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    "A new week dawns!"

And brings no new information
    Dan
    Yeah but, if the Pre 2 comes out this week, what are we going to complain/whine/anticipate/comment/dream/salivate about next week?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    Yeah but, if the Pre 2 comes out this week, what are we going to complain/whine/anticipate/comment/dream/salivate about next week?
    Nothing. We know there'll be a lot unveiled at CES.
    for me, it will be "I hate the cold".

Oh, wait, I'm already complaining about that... =P
    I see pandas.
    That's great. Lol! I like that.

That's (hopefully) the good news.

The bad news: There will be a lot unveiled at CES (from everybody else). It's looking like Verizon is going t be pushing the 7-inch MOTOPAD with Android 3.0 something fierce according to BGR. That's going to make a PalmPad a tough sell with the two leading carriers each having a preferred tablet they are pushing with way more brand recognition.

Maybe they'll pleasantly surprise us on the phone front.
    Question: How do you KNOW that? Lots of people keep saying this but no formal confirmation yet.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast