Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Nothing. We know there'll be a lot unveiled at CES.
    Question: How do you KNOW that? Lots of people keep saying this but no formal confirmation yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    Yeah but, if the Pre 2 comes out this week, what are we going to complain/whine/anticipate/comment/dream/salivate about next week?
    (Current schedule for whining)

Today through Verizon Pre2 launch:
    - When is the Pre2 coming to Verizon?
    - Why is Verizon not marketing the Pre2?
    - Why is Palm being so quiet?

VZW Pre2 Launch to CES 2011:
    - Why can't I watch Hulu on my Pre2 with Flash?
    - When is Palm going to release 2.0 for us Pre/Plus users?
    - If Palm doesn't make a (insert form factor here) device, I'm leaving forever!
    - Palm is doomed. They are going to fail.

CES to first release of new webOS device:
    - Why is it taking so long for Palm to release the (insert device name here)?
    - Why haven't us Pre/Plus users got 2.0 yet?
    - CES was disappointing! Palm's going to fail!
    - Those devices announced at CES are already behind the curve.
    - When is Palm going to stop playing "catch up" and make a phone better than any out there?

First release of CES device and onwards:
    - To be announced

These guidelines are not set in stone. WebOS users reserve the right to make modifications at will.

Also, we'll be having guest speakers from AndroidCentral that will come in and randomly bash the Pre/webOS/Palm/HP to add a bit of spice to the mix.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 11/15/2010 at 10:14 AM.
    awesome post Garrett I felt like saying something similar, but today is a definite Monday for me and I thoight I'd step over some lines that need not be crossed . May I suggest the Magic 8-Ball app for questions that need to be answered that nobody knows the right answer to? (this IS the tame version of the post I wrote and then thought about and then deleted) Have a great day today everybody
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    awesome post Garrett I felt like saying something similar, but today is a definite Monday for me and I thoight I'd step over some lines that need not be crossed . May I suggest the Magic 8-Ball app for questions that need to be answered that nobody knows the right answer to? (this IS the tame version of the post I wrote and then thought about and then deleted) Have a great day today everybody
    Thanks.

Yea, the magic 8-ball is very wise... Haha
    according to my Magic 8 ball the announcement is "Very Likely" to come in the next four hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    (Current schedule for whining)

Today through Verizon Pre2 launch:
    - When is the Pre2 coming to Verizon?
    - Why is Verizon not marketing the Pre2?
    - Why is Palm being so quiet?

VZW Pre2 Launch to CES 2010:
    - Why can't I watch Hulu on my Pre2 with Flash?
    - When is Palm going to release 2.0 for us Pre/Plus users?
    - If Palm doesn't make a (insert form factor here) device, I'm leaving forever!
    - Palm is doomed. They are going to fail.

CES to first release of new webOS device:
    - Why is it taking so long for Palm to release the (insert device name here)?
    - Why haven't us Pre/Plus users got 2.0 yet?
    - CES was disappointing! Palm's going to fail!
    - Those devices announced at CES are already behind the curve.
    - When is Palm going to stop playing "catch up" and make a phone better than any out there?

First release of CES device and onwards:
    - To be announced

These guidelines are not set in stone. WebOS users reserve the right to make modifications at will.

Also, we'll be having guest speakers from AndroidCentral that will come in and randomly bash the Pre/webOS/Palm/HP to add a bit of spice to the mix.
    Best Post Ever!
  7.    #27  
    Still no VZW Pre 2.
    Was there a rumor that it would be released today???
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Blame Verizon.
  10.    #30  
    Was there a rumor that it would be released today???
    No. The only "rumor" is that it's coming "soon" in time for the holiday shopping season.

I just think it's funny is all.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Blame Verizon.
    I do. Along with HP/Palm.

VZW is to blame for screwing with the launch date. HP/Palm is to blame for not doing their due diligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I do. Along with HP/Palm.

VZW is to blame for screwing with the launch date. HP/Palm is to blame for not doing their due diligence.
    They shouldn't get our hopes up this much. Anxiety is setting in. lol
    You're not actually waiting for it, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You're not actually waiting for it, are you?
    Mainly 2.0, but its in the same boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Mainly 2.0, but its in the same boat.
    Agreed! Screw the Pre2... I want webOS 2.0! lol
    Unless you gents are willing to go the unlocked GSM route, I think this is what the short term future of the platform looks like. US carriers are going to make HP continue to play on their terms, and that means HP has to prove itself with WebOS before it gets to enjoy a normal stable launch.

That might mean showing great sales figures abroad. It might mean hardware so amazing that it inspires widespread tech lust and demand for the product. It might mean all of the above combined with old-fashioned payola. But rough launches look to continue to be par for the course for a bit...
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Unless you gents are willing to go the unlocked GSM route, I think this is what the short term future of the platform looks like. US carriers are going to make HP continue to play on their terms, and that means HP has to prove itself with WebOS before it gets to enjoy a normal stable launch.

That might mean showing great sales figures abroad. It might mean hardware so amazing that it inspires widespread tech lust and demand for the product. It might mean all of the above combined with old-fashioned payola. But rough launches look to continue to be par for the course for a bit...
    I haven't seen or heard any sales data from the overseas launch. That leads me to believe that maybe it hasn't done very well.
    Agreed! Screw the Pre2... I want webOS 2.0! lol
    I'd say most all of us are waiting for that one, since any new devices aren't in the immediate future.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    and it will suck if VZW decides to cripple the gps on us yet again....
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    WebOS 2.0 or walk... thats my motto! They have until March...
    PAAAAAAAAAAAAALLM!

(Insert Palm Guy scowl)
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast