1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I wanted to get your guys thoughts? Me and my wife get the same corporate discount. Is it better to add her to my plan (which I believe gets no discount on the second line or annual upgrade) Or is it better to have her start a whole new line with the corp. discount and annual upgrade?
    Thanks so much!
    Ps. I have the everything 450 and thats what she wants too. Not sure if that helps
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I would suggest getting her own.. It would be a lot better for you both.(i.e. Annual upgrade, less stress..etc)
  3.    #3  
    I guess I just need to call sprint and see what the cost/savings are by either starting a new line fresh or adding to my plan
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    ...Thats a good start. You know your finance and what would be better for you both. A sprint rep will let you know what they think would be the better route for you.

best of luck.
    the plan I have,if you upgrade to one of there family plans,second line is free,and any additional lines are 20 bucks a piece.
  6.    #6  
    please keep this to sprint only!
    thanks
    Pretty sure zman is describing a Sprint plan. My wife and I are on a family plan as well, her line is free, the kids line is $20. We also get her discount but I don't know if I've ever checked to see if it's on all lines or just mine.
    Simple Math

If you have two separate accounts, each with the same % off, you will save more money being one account.

Scenario 1: TWO Accounts
    (corp % just example, yours will be whatever it is)

Account #1 = $69.99 - 20% = $55.99 + taxes/fee's
    Account #2 = $69.99 - 20% = $55.99 + taxes/fee's

Total Spent on two separate accounts = $111.98 + taxes/fee's

Scenario 2: ONE Account
    (corp % just example, yours will be whatever it is)

Account #1 and ONLY = $129.99 - 20% = $103.99 + taxes/fee's

---------------------------------------------------------------

So with two accounts your looking at $111.98 & with only one account $103.99.

Saving money is the name of the game, and given your telling us you would both qualify for the same % discount, one account makes sense.

Have a nice day.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I guess I just need to call sprint and see what the cost/savings are by either starting a new line fresh or adding to my plan
    Does you Corp not have a Sprint web site? My Corp has discounts for 2nd phone.
    Get the Family Plan. That's what I have and it comes out cheaper. I (we) also get discounts from both our jobs BUT Sprint will only apply one so we chose the bigger discount. Also as far as upgrades, I think Sprint does a good job of traking upgrade status under mutiple phones on one account. I have four phone under the Family 1500 Everything plan and haven't come close to hitting the minutes (two phones for teenagers). But the data has gone up greatly due to all of us having smartphones. Just gonna see how long Sprint will allow this and hope we get grandfathered into this plan with no penalties. Anyway Family Plan and use the discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    please keep this to sprint only!
    thanks
    yes I have sprint,,thought that was understood because you asked a sprint question.
  12.    #12  
    Sorry zman...I misunderstood your answer. I appreciate the response.
    Now I need to throw 1 more curveball at you. I have the 20 off 24months promo. If I upgrade to the family plan wont I lose that?
    Also, the second line only gets to upgrade every 2 years.
    not sure about first but second question is,,any additional lines get a 75 dollar per yr upgrade,as opposed to the main line getting 150.
  14.    #14  
    75 off of retail price of the phone. Or, 75 off the promotional price with 2 yr. Contract.
    The $75 is off RETAIL price, highest price of the device WITHOUT any mail in rebate offers - there are plenty of ways around this, when the time comes, i wouldn't worry about it. (for example, you can change what line is the primary line, thus switching the yearly upgrade promo)

The $20 off for 24/mo, is that in addition to your corp discount? If so, this is usually just a SOC code on the account for the billing system, and would be separate from the rate plan SOC's, thus switching your plan to family shouldn't change that.
    My Sprint discount is taken off the entire bill not just one line.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    sprint store told me this also.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    sprint store told me this also.
    so true.
    I got a 25% w/two phones and it come off all lines.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    This is no longer true as of September 2010. Corp discounts only apply to main line and any included lines. For example, I have 4 lines with family data. My first two lines (included in the plan base cost) are discounted but my two kids' lines are not.

I think you are only looking at two lines but it's important to know the facts.

This is for Sprint.
    Dan