View Poll Results: Sprint users: If you could get a talk, text, data plan for $70 on VZ, would you jump?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

21 43.75%
  • no

27 56.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    You've read it here but maybe not first (especially if you like engadet )

Anyway, looks like there is a trial plan for 70 bucks
    Verizon trials unlimited text and data cellular plans for preferred customers, starting at $70 a month -- Engadget

I would totally take this if they had it. Better better phones, better coverage, maybe not as open.

Edit: the talk is only 450 minutes but that's same as sprint
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    What about mobile to mobile? That's unlimited on the Sprint plan, too.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    vzw does unlimited in network plus 10 favs on any network.

the big flaw in this is that sprint includes a second line.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    vzw does unlimited in network plus 10 favs on any network.

the big flaw in this is that sprint includes a second line.
    sprint includes a second line for free?
    not free, but not at full price.

I've been on an unlimited plan for $99 and if I want to add my wife it's another $99
    Verizon does not allow to "pick 10" on a 450 minute plan.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Verizon does not allow to "pick 10" on a 450 minute plan.
    ^^^^^^^^^whut he said^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

It's not even close -- unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier is HUGE.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    ooh, i forgot about m2m. Thanks guys

Edit: now i understand why sprint is reluctant to release the pre2. It isnt 4G so they will not charge the $10 highspeed fee, and their prices include subsidized minutes compared to the lowest price of their cdma competitor. They probably don't have money to play with. Do they?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I say no, because no mobile to mobile and you still have to pay for nav.

A question about video chat and unlimited videos sent via text. Does verizon allow either of these at the moment?
    Free nav wouldn't be an issue if webos got a nav app. But mobile to mobile and the ability to trade in phones once a year is keeping me on sprint, as long ad they get new webos devices
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    If only sprint had new webOS devices...or at least announced that some are coming before 12/31/2010
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    If only sprint had new webOS devices...or at least announced that some are coming before 12/31/2010
    Yeah I wish.

Thanks rex, I forgot about 1yr upgrades thats a big bonus.
    Sprint offers the following in their $69.99 plan

- unlimited mobile to ANY mobile
    - 450 min to landlines and when roaming
    - unlimited text and data
    - 300 Mb data while roaming
    - Unlimited nights and weekends and Nights start at 7
    - Unlimited GPS and Sprint TV/radio
    - Yearly upgrades to phones
    - Roams on verizon ( usually this is a less prioritized traffic but it is available none the less)
    - Roaming in Canada is $0.20 per min after $2.99 per month with unlimited text ALL other carriers charge $0.69 after $4.99 per month and texting is NOT free. I have been to Canada while on At&T and t-mobile before and Sprint has been the best so far.

There may be some other things that I am not remembering
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Sprint offers the following in their $69.99 plan

- unlimited mobile to ANY mobile
    - 450 min to landlines and when roaming
    - unlimited text and data
    - 300 Mb data while roaming
    - Unlimited nights and weekends and Nights start at 7
    - Unlimited GPS and Sprint TV/radio
    - Yearly upgrades to phones
    - Roams on verizon ( usually this is a less prioritized traffic but it is available none the less)
    - Roaming in Canada is $0.20 per min after $2.99 per month with unlimited text ALL other carriers charge $0.69 after $4.99 per month and texting is NOT free. I have been to Canada while on At&T and t-mobile before and Sprint has been the best so far.

There may be some other things that I am not remembering
    along w/ Unlimited GPS... Sprint Nav is offered free, on Verizon it's an additional $5 bucks...

...and Sprint Nav has been much better than my Garmin, which doesn't have traffic info and is now over a year old and is screaming about needing a map update ($70!),
    ...slap the Pre on the Touchstone, turn on bluetooth, and listen to turn-by-turn directions w/ street names and real time traffic info... at no extra cost. yeah, I like Sprint. ;-)
    Yeah, the Verizon plan doesn't have unlimited calls, only mobile to mobile ON VERIZON.
    not to mention that this is just a "trial" offer that are given to specific indiciduals, and not to the general public. so, it sounds like a scheme to get certain individuals verizon deems worth converting and locking into their service plan.

and on top of it all, this special price is given as a discount with no info about how long it would last, giving verizon the power to end it whenever, and you are basically stuck in the contract and paying a higher monthly fee.

so... thx but no thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    not to mention that this is just a "trial" offer that are given to specific indiciduals, and not to the general public. so, it sounds like a scheme to get certain individuals verizon deems worth converting and locking into their service plan.

and on top of it all, this special price is given as a discount with no info about how long it would last, giving verizon the power to end it whenever, and you are basically stuck in the contract and paying a higher monthly fee.

so... thx but no thx.
    From what I've hear they are only offering the trial to groups of existing customers who are already in contract. Also you can make almost any change to the minutes, texts, data offered on an existing contract with no charge. So if they stopped discounting this the people can just drop it off their plan again.
    Also, the data on a smartphone is truly unlimited. Only the things like the mifi are capped @5GB. Been tethering my original Pre for about a year for free with no calls/texts/emails/mail from Sprint, I went well over 5GB plenty of times. Verizon won't let you do that.
    Sprint also only worries about the data roaming cap if you are always roaming. If it's an occasional thing, because you're traveling or what have you they don't charge forr going over.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast