View Poll Results: Have you called Sprint customer retention?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've called

6 19.35%
  • No, but I'm planning to call soon

6 19.35%
  • No, I'm a Sprint customer, but I'm not going to call

15 48.39%
  • No, I'm not a Sprint customer

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everyone on Sprint, I urge you to call 888/211-4727 (or *2 from your phone), ask for customer retention (don't talk to the first person you get), tell them that you will be forced to consider Verizon if they do not pick up the Pre2!

It seems the only way to communicate with Sprint about picking up the Pre2 is to call the customer service line directly. They don't seem to hear twitter or facebook. I tried getting through on the web site and all I got was a standard customer service response.

I called the 800 service number today, 888/211-4727 (or *2 from your phone). I very quickly got through to a live representative and asked to speak to customer retention, and got through to them very quickly. I simply let him know that after being with Sprint for a long time and having four lines, that if they don't pick up the Pre2 that I would have no choice but to look at Verizon.

I hope everyone who reads this forum takes 10-15 minutes out of their busy day to make this phone call to Sprint. Let them know that they will lose customers if they do not pick up the Pre2!

After you call, post your results here!
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 11/05/2010 at 11:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    While I too have been with Sprint for a long time and with 5 lines, after reading on webOS world : http://www.webosworld.com/2010/11/03...ions-answered/ I wait for CES 2011...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I'm not going to push Sprint to pick up the Pre2. However, I will say that they better listen up to all of their users and pick up another WebOS device after CES. If nothing else is announced, then yes I say get the Pre2.

However, I believe there will be another (several) devices announced at CES. I don't want Sprint to move until then, and I think that is exactly what they are doing. Good business sense IMO.

EDIT:
    After reading that article, I feel bolstered in my comments. Thanks Rattical.
    Last edited by jadiff; 11/05/2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Already been that route, talked to everyone @ Sprint I could find, and they were - shall we say - less than helpful.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    I'm not going to push Sprint to pick up the Pre2. However, I will say that they better listen up to all of their users and pick up another WebOS device after CES. If nothing else is announced, then yes I say get the Pre2.

However, I believe there will be another (several) devices announced at CES. I don't want Sprint to move until then, and I think that is exactly what they are doing. Good business sense IMO.
    If you're waiting for CES before you make that phone call, don't! Call now! They passed on the plus, and it appears they are passing on the Pre2. What makes us think they'll suddenly change and pick up "whatever" is announced at CES unless they hear loud and clear from their webOS customers. I think they should pick up the Pre2 now, and decide on anything else later. I don't see any reason why Sprint should wait for whatever is announced at CES.

Problem is, they're all taken up with Android. They've got to understand, many of their Android customers, like my brother, want to return to webOS, but will have nothing to return to if Sprint does not pick up the Pre2.
    Sprint should still offer the Pre 2 as a replacement for the original Pre for those who want it. I am excited to see what webOS devices HP will bring to CES 2011. Hopefully the WiMax version will be like the one in my Avatar pic...
    I don't want sprint to waste their money buying Pre2. It won't sell well and will further strain their relationship with Palm. I'd rather them get a phone from palm that will actually help their ROI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    Sprint should still offer the Pre 2 as a replacement for the original Pre for those who want it. I am excited to see what webOS devices HP will bring to CES 2011. Hopefully the WiMax version will be like the one in my Avatar pic...
    Really, I don't see any reason why they couldn't do that if they wanted to, and if the customer wanted to pay for it. Just order the CDMA device directly from Palm/HP, activate it when it arrives, and wa-la .. satisfied customer. Or let the customer purchase direct from Palm so it can be activated by Sprint. What would be so hard about that? I would certainly be willing to extend my contract if I could do that.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I have been with sprint a long time and I don't care about the pre 2. In my opinion,sprint only wants 4g devices going forward. I will wait for ces.
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    While I too have been with Sprint for a long time and with 5 lines, after reading on webOS world : What Happened to the Palm c40? Questions Answered WebOS World I wait for CES 2011...

I just wonder where the author is getting his information from. It all makes sense, but is hard to lend credibility to without citing sources. I think it is all conjecture until otherwise told.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I hope they come out with more than one device. I need a pixi like device for my wife...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I just wonder where the author is getting his information from. It all makes sense, but is hard to lend credibility to without citing sources. I think it is all conjecture until otherwise told.

Just to many things point to a few new "WOW" devices coming...

http://www.precentral.net/new-webos-...ebos-20-doctor

Six New HP Palm Smartphones for 2011? | webOSroundup

::fingers crossed::
  13.    #13  
    Frankly, I'm a little confused. Nearly 2600 Sprint customers went to the community forum last week and voted that Sprint should focus on webOS. Of those, probably at least 500 left comments proclaiming their support for webOS. I would think that at least half of those should want to take 10 minutes to call Sprint and let them know directly that they want Sprint to support webOS starting with the Pre2.

That doesn't mean "get the Pre2 and stop there," it just means keep up with the current webOS device! They're already woefully behind by not supporting the plus. It seems that if they don't get the Pre2, what are the chances they'll get anything else that comes out?
    don't you understand that if they carry the pre2, they'll pass up on the next gen hardware that's gonna be announced at CES?
    c'mon...seriously.
    if you want the pre2. call forth.
    but don't complain if you get it and hp unveils a better, more useful phone a week later that ISN't going to sprint.
    yeah, I said it.
    Anither thread wanting people to call and give Sprint an ultimatum. Just silly IMO. You can't make them carry the phones you want, if you don't like it, switch carriers.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    If you're waiting for CES before you make that phone call, don't! Call now! They passed on the plus, and it appears they are passing on the Pre2. What makes us think they'll suddenly change and pick up "whatever" is announced at CES unless they hear loud and clear from their webOS customers. I think they should pick up the Pre2 now, and decide on anything else later. I don't see any reason why Sprint should wait for whatever is announced at CES.

Problem is, they're all taken up with Android. They've got to understand, many of their Android customers, like my brother, want to return to webOS, but will have nothing to return to if Sprint does not pick up the Pre2.

They are doing us Pre users a favor by passing on the Pre2, for now.

How would you feel if they offered the Pre2 December1 and you purchased it. Then, CES rolls around a month later and there are 3 more phone options available. Perhaps Sprint knows there will be other options or perhaps they have no idea. I would rather they wait to see what is offered, and if nothing is THEN offer the Pre2. They do not want a gaggle of PO'ed customers on their hands.

Believe me, they realize we are anxious for a replacement. Just be patient for another 2 months to see what is offered. I will call Sprint after CES.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Webos users that are willing to wait for the next generation phones are welcome to do so. There are others who want to have the pre 2 now, and then if Hp|palm comes out with something better... they might get it or just stick with what they have.

I've called around a hundred times. They say... rush please don't call sprint anymore asking about the palm pre 2.
    Thank You. Lmao
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    They are doing us Pre users a favor by passing on the Pre2, for now.

How would you feel if they offered the Pre2 December1 and you purchased it. Then, CES rolls around a month later and there are 3 more phone options available. Perhaps Sprint knows there will be other options or perhaps they have no idea. I would rather they wait to see what is offered, and if nothing is THEN offer the Pre2. They do not want a gaggle of PO'ed customers on their hands.

Believe me, they realize we are anxious for a replacement. Just be patient for another 2 months to see what is offered. I will call Sprint after CES.
    Well, you know, I kind of felt that way when the plus came out. I was certain there would be something else coming along that would be better. Well, I wouldn't say the Pre2 totally leap frogs the plus, but it looks pretty good. I've had the same hardware for a year and a half, and I would like an upgrade. And if something else is announced in January, well, that's fine. If it looks good, I can wait until my next upgrade and get it. But I've been eligible for an upgrade since April, and I'm ready now. I like what I see in the Pre2 and I want it on Sprint.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    don't you understand that if they carry the pre2, they'll pass up on the next gen hardware that's gonna be announced at CES?
    c'mon...seriously.
    if you want the pre2. call forth.
    but don't complain if you get it and hp unveils a better, more useful phone a week later that ISN't going to sprint.
    yeah, I said it.
    Why do people seem to have it in their head that Sprint is somehow holding out for the next device? That somehow if they get the Pre2 that they can never get another device? Why couldn't they get the Pre2 now and something else later, too? I think they've given up on hp/Palm. I'm hoping if they hear from enough of us, they'll re-think it.

Personally, I'd take the Pre2 in a second. I would be perfectly happy with it until the next time I'm eligible for an upgrade, which would be less than a year later. Then I'd see what's available then. But I'm not going to Android. I'll switch to Verizon before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    While I too have been with Sprint for a long time and with 5 lines, after reading on webOS world : What Happened to the Palm c40? Questions Answered WebOS World I wait for CES 2011...

I agree. I read that article too, and it seems very plausible. I will wait for CES, and if for some crazy reason HP/Palm doesn't announce some new devices, I'll get a Pre 2 mod to work on Sprint (assuming it's possible), if not I'll get the Pre Plus mod until a new phone I like is released.

After the current uproar from Sprint webOS users, it would be foolish to think Sprint wont be getting any future webOS devices. I'm assuming they are holding out for a new 4g device, and when they do get it, you know they will market it like crazy. Most of Sprint's ad campaign revolves around 4G.

Regardless, in a few months I'll have a new webOS device that I will enjoy. Either a moded Pre 2 or Pre Plus, or a new 4G webOS Super Device. In either scenario, I will be more than satisfied.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast