1.    #1  
    Do you think it's possible to get by with 150mb's? With a pre 2 (hopefully), I have WiFi at home, and at school (sadly, it has a proxy, and as far as I know, wifi proxys are not the easiest thing to hack into webOS. and switch on and off quickly), and I think all id do is text, view maybe one page a day (on 3G) facebook, a get about 3-5 emails a day. And I wouldonly download apps over wifi. along with streaming and youtube, only on wifi.

What do you think? Is it even worth it? If not, ill (sadly) get a bold 9650.
    Personally, I would definitely recommend more than 150mb a month. WebOS lives in the cloud and is pretty much constantly sending/receiving data.

You could turn your data connection off while your away from wifi, but that would kinda defeat the purpose of having a Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by techobsessive View Post
    Do you think it's possible to get by with 150mb's? With a pre 2 (hopefully), I have WiFi at home, and at school (sadly, it has a proxy, and as far as I know, wifi proxys are not the easiest thing to hack into webOS. and switch on and off quickly), and I think all id do is text, view maybe one page a day (on 3G) facebook, a get about 3-5 emails a day. And I wouldonly download apps over wifi. along with streaming and youtube, only on wifi.

What do you think? Is it even worth it? If not, ill (sadly) get a bold 9650.
    It seems like the wildcard for you would be the volume of e-mails and amount of Facebook/youtube time you used. I took my Pre with me to Seoul (one of the few CDMA deployments outside of US) and was VERY cautious about using roaming data. I was able to do most of what i wanted on hotel and client site wifi and used the "advanced properties" patch to turn off roaming data so it did not auto download email and access cloud apps.

You can check your Verizon bill online for a relatively up to date tracking of your data usage, that would the ultimate decision criteria in my book. I guess the other factor is how well you can resist temptation to not get back online.

That being said, i don't think that going blackberry is going to be any better of an option.
    I think the 150mb plan is only suitable for casual users. If you spend any time on these forums, get lots of email or FB, or listen to Pandora, you will want to spend the extra $15 for the unlimited plan... IMHO
    Google the experiences that ATT webOS users have had. They can't get by with 200mb no matter what they do.