Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  



  2. #2  
    I seen this on xda. You have every right to be ****ed off.
  3. #3  
    I had one bad issue lately. Just before I switched to the Evo, I got my Pre replaced for the 6th time. When I switched, the deactivated my Pre. A few weeks later, my wife's Pre died so I decided to activate my old Pre on her line. I had plans to sell it but her line is not due for an upgrade yet. Go to activate the phone and Sprint is telling me the thing has been reported as stolen. Nice. Took about 3 days or so to get that squared away.

    Other than that (and that was bad enough), I haven't had any issues with Sprint. In reality, the "new" Sprint has been quite good to me (not counting that last incident). Oh well.
  4.    #4  
    bottom line is they need better training.
  5. #5  
    wow dude...thats BS! i had a very similar experience when getting an upgrade last year. Hope things turn out right in the end. Good luck with your Evo.
  6. #6  
    think about this ! how many bad days have you had in the last 6 years ?? lol in 6 years youve had 2 bad things happen ?! and now the world is falling apart ? just so you know i would like to see you go to another carrier for lets say 1 year and see what the deal really is !! im sure you'll have the same issues on any carrier actually it would probably be worse in fact . thats just life to have things not go your way once in a while , thats it . and im not being a jerk im just saying life does happen. ive had a couple of bad issues myself but they always get resolved eventually. hope i gets better for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. #7  
    Before posting my thoughts on this video, I want to say that I understand how you feel. No one wants to get screwed over by a company or have to go through all of that trouble to get what you want. Please do not take the following opinions as personal attacks.

    First of all, you went to a third party retailer to get your upgrade for your EVO instead of an actual corporate store. Sure you "didn't know there was a difference," but there is. Sprint's website does not list them as the same. If you do a search for sprint locations, some will say Sprint store and others will say "Sprint store by ..." This doesn't mean that you should be screwed over, but it is unfair to hold some corporation accountable for the actions of others. It honestly sounded like the issue with getting the EVO was entirely on that NON-SPRINT CORPORATE store.

    After calling Sprint, they tell you to go to an actual corporate store to get your EVO, which you do. Then you find out that the non-corporate store removed your upgrade eligibility, which they would have obviously done if you bought a phone through them. You were essentially asking sprint to trust you and to sell you a phone at a discount. How do they know that you didn't buy a phone directly through that store and cancel the shipped order? Oh, that's right, the customer is always right.

    Moving on, you then complain about Sprint with regards to your dealings with some RADIO SHACK EMPLOYEE ON CRAIGSLIST. Seriously? You report it to the BBB and FCC, Sprint calls and thanks you, and they have the RADIO SHACK EMPLOYEE fired. After all of this, you expect Sprint, who was in no way involved in this issue, to provide you with compensation? That is just far fetched. Sue them if you think you'll win and see if a court thinks this makes sense.

    Finally, you complain about the fact that every employee of Sprint's customer service, corporate stores, Sprint's third party stores, and radio shack don't all give you the same information? Go to any other cell phone carrier and see if everyone says the same exact thing everywhere.

    I'm not saying that Sprint's customer service is good, but what you expected out of them is absurd. Why the sense of entitlement? If they give you extra discounts or early upgrades, that is because they want to keep you as a customer. You are not owed anything besides the same bill every month (pending no overages) and the cell coverage that you agreed to when you signed their contract.
  8. #8  
    there is a difference between a Corporate store and an Authorized Retailer (makes no difference Sprint, AT&T, Verizon)

    Sprint didnt lie to you ... and the Indirect Authorized Retailer gave you correct information about the VAD order, the difference between a VAD order and a regular purchase is that VAD is being shipped from Sprints warehouse .. the reason the retailer would make a VAD order is so he wouldnt lose the sale due to not having the phone in stock.

    He should have explained that he was NOT a corporate location and that if you went to one you could have gotten it same day.

    BUT there is no reason for you to be upset at sprint about this.

    Corporate is owned by the Carrier and Authorized Retailers are Privately Owned.

    the reason he didnt want to reverse the upgrade is bc he needed to be sure that the phone wasnt shipped to you by mistake, thereby causing him to lose his commission while still paying for the phone.

    Again while all this is unacceptable it isnt sprints fault.

    Could Sprint have sent you a phone anyway?? Yes
    Should they Have? Most Certainly

    But the action of the Authorized Retailer was NOT that of sprint.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin6 View Post
    Before posting my thoughts on this video, I want to say that I understand how you feel. No one wants to get screwed over by a company or have to go through all of that trouble to get what you want. Please do not take the following opinions as personal attacks.

    First of all, you went to a third party retailer to get your upgrade for your EVO instead of an actual corporate store. Sure you "didn't know there was a difference," but there is. Sprint's website does not list them as the same. If you do a search for sprint locations, some will say Sprint store and others will say "Sprint store by ..." This doesn't mean that you should be screwed over, but it is unfair to hold some corporation accountable for the actions of others. It honestly sounded like the issue with getting the EVO was entirely on that NON-SPRINT CORPORATE store.

    After calling Sprint, they tell you to go to an actual corporate store to get your EVO, which you do. Then you find out that the non-corporate store removed your upgrade eligibility, which they would have obviously done if you bought a phone through them. You were essentially asking sprint to trust you and to sell you a phone at a discount. How do they know that you didn't buy a phone directly through that store and cancel the shipped order? Oh, that's right, the customer is always right.

    Moving on, you then complain about Sprint with regards to your dealings with some RADIO SHACK EMPLOYEE ON CRAIGSLIST. Seriously? You report it to the BBB and FCC, Sprint calls and thanks you, and they have the RADIO SHACK EMPLOYEE fired. After all of this, you expect Sprint, who was in no way involved in this issue, to provide you with compensation? That is just far fetched. Sue them if you think you'll win and see if a court thinks this makes sense.

    Finally, you complain about the fact that every employee of Sprint's customer service, corporate stores, Sprint's third party stores, and radio shack don't all give you the same information? Go to any other cell phone carrier and see if everyone says the same exact thing everywhere.

    I'm not saying that Sprint's customer service is good, but what you expected out of them is absurd. Why the sense of entitlement? If they give you extra discounts or early upgrades, that is because they want to keep you as a customer. You are not owed anything besides the same bill every month (pending no overages) and the cell coverage that you agreed to when you signed their contract.
    great first post
  10. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    great first post
    Good enough to garner 3 Thanks so far!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Good enough to garner 3 Thanks so far!
    I think he was being serious this time.
  12. #12  
    ***. he got screwed by a third party who happened to be more interested in getting their cut than making sprint look good the he berates the entire company. then they gave him over $200 in credits as an apology for someone else's mistake and he wants to cry about it.

    any major company has plenty of bbb complaints against them. but situations like this are certainly not common. crap happens
  13. #13  
    The "I'm the customer" line isn't going to get you far. In case you hadn't noticed, the number of retailers is getting smaller all the time as the big box chains eat them alive. You will run out of options very soon. Instead of throwing a tantrum (which is the absolute worst thing you can do to a retail employee...you get more honey with bees my grandma always said) you should have kept yourself under control and you may have had a bit more sympathy with the clerk. Hope things work out for you with Sprint because after talking with fellow employees about their providers I don't think there's a better option out there. Peace.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  14. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I think he was being serious this time.
    So was I! It is a good first post. I wish mine would've been as good.

    I didn't notice that it was his first post until I came upon Sketch42's post.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  15. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #15  
    man you can't let a guy just rant without trying to make him feel worse. The guy firmly believes he got mistreated and yu al jump on him about it. It sounds like he has had quite a few probs and this one just put him over the edge and tomorrow he'll look back and say man, I did go a little overboard cause I was mad as hell. Just saying a little slack would be cool.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    man you can't let a guy just rant without trying to make him feel worse. The guy firmly believes he got mistreated and yu al jump on him about it. It sounds like he has had quite a few probs and this one just put him over the edge and tomorrow he'll look back and say man, I did go a little overboard cause I was mad as hell. Just saying a little slack would be cool.
    well i was sorta jacked around yesterday, ill be a bit happier if and when i get my phone today. it's just all the mis info i was given that set me off. nobody seems to be on the same page with sprint. this was more of a rant video than anything. didn't expect it would **** off soo many sprint fans. oh well, life goes on. it's pretty common knowledge sprint has horrid customer service skills. i honestly had no idea the store i went to was a 3rd party because they only sell sprint phones and i was told before they are officially sprint, not some 3rd party rip off.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    think about this ! how many bad days have you had in the last 6 years ?? lol in 6 years youve had 2 bad things happen ?! and now the world is falling apart ? just so you know i would like to see you go to another carrier for lets say 1 year and see what the deal really is !! im sure you'll have the same issues on any carrier actually it would probably be worse in fact . thats just life to have things not go your way once in a while , thats it . and im not being a jerk im just saying life does happen. ive had a couple of bad issues myself but they always get resolved eventually. hope i gets better for you
    true but every year i go through hoops to get an upgrade. it shouldn't be this hard.

    and to respond to people thinking i thought i was owed something for reporting that radio shack guy you are WRONG. i didn't ask for anything, at first i was told i would get something for reporting him to them. then it was taken back and all i got was a thanks. it's the lies and misinformation that set me off. it seems sprint will promise you the world and never live up to what they say. im happily surprised i got the discounts ill be getting on my evo, we shall see if it really comes to light or not?
  18. #18  
    I have to do it as well . Your not the only one . Everyone has to go through the hoops everytime they upgrade. You could have @ least waited until after you got your phone to make this video . And then if they didn't make good on the deal , it would have been worth it to make the video . But as it stands it's just showing people what your all about . Have you ever looked up the def. Of a the word rant ? Maybe you should it may open your eyes. Shoot your liable to get the evo and not even like the stinkin phone lol then what ? You gotta go back and deal with these people all over again. Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    great first post
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    So was I! It is a good first post. I wish mine would've been as good.

    I didn't notice that it was his first post until I came upon Sketch42's post.
    Haha, thanks guys. I have lurked around the site for quite some time even before registering, but never felt motivated to post...apparently. I didn't realize that was my first post until afterwards either.


    fixxxer1022 - I have also had many issues with Sprint's customer service, but in the end they always get it done. I've found that Sprint's misinformation generally results in discounts (like in your case) and other carriers misinformation results in me losing money. I have had tmobile, verizon, sprint, and a local provider. I've worked for a few of these carriers as well and they all are plagued with the same problems.

    Honestly, I don't understand why you even spent the time to make a video and post on multiple forums about your experience, yet still bought the EVO. If they were so bad, why not cancel? If you're up for an upgrade, your ETF is less than the price of the EVO. I seem to remember you saying that you were spending $350 for the EVO. Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly.

    Anyways, I hope it worked out for you today and you received your EVO + discounts. I really am curious to know if Sprint followed through with it.
  20. #20  
    I've been with Sprint for 12 years. Had my share of times where we bumped heads, as anyone would with any company the did constant business with for over a decade.
    I had a problem with an upgrade in a very similar situation as yours, and it took 2 days to get resolved, but I finally got the upgrade I was owed.
    About a two years ago I moved back to WI from Dallas. I had my wife switch over to my plan while we were down there, and after moving up, we were getting charged both Wisconsin and Dallas taxes. One 30 minute call later and a fax to show proof of residence, I was refunded every cent that we had paid.
    After we moved into our new home, we got pretty spotty coverage in the yard and virtually none in the house. One 30 minute phone call later I was being shipped a new Airave, free of charge, with the monthly charge waved. I needed to use up a line on my account to use it, but that was fine, since I still had a spot available on my 10 line plan, that I got because I wanted to bring my parents on board, but had already maxed out my 5 line plan.
    Through all of this, I never got angry. Never yelled at anyone. Never DEMANDED anything. Never expected the company to bow down to my "customer" status and shower me with thanks and free crap. I simply talked to them, calmly and logically, and was rewarded with excellent service, to go along with the best plans and pricing of the top wireless providers. I received what I thought I was owed and never once had to go on the offensive.
    Funny how things work when you work with a company, instead of working against them and expecting the world in return. Not saying you didn't have a beef, but you got what you wanted and were owed in the end, didn't you? With a little patience and possibly a calmer approach, you might have saved some time and stress in the process.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions