Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Sadly, no mention of WebOS, Palm or HP. ***?

    Sprint's CEO: The iPad Has Been Good to Us - BusinessWeek
  2. #2  
    Dan Hesse - "declined to comment and politely added that Sprint doesn't comment on its relationship with vendors and the conversations it has with third parties." Perhaps he couldn’t talk about webOS or Palm because they are in “conversations” with HP about them
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  3. #3  
    here's to hoping......


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  4. #4  
    It would be disappointed if sprint announce that they won't be carrying the pre2. A lot of webos users would be crush. I didn't know so many people owned a palm pre. Sprint FB page is so full of palm pre users comments.





    [i]-- Sent from my palm pre
  5. #5  
    I find it to be ironic and a bit sad that they are more publicly excited about the iPad which they do not even sell, than they are about the Pre. They seem to care more about their nonexistent relationship with Apple than their real one with HP. These are interesting times.
  6. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #6  
    "For now, the Overland Park (Kan.) wireless carrier is betting on two major smartphone platforms: BlackBerry and Android."

    I don't think they can make it much plainer than that. WebOS is not on their radar. I'm moving my four-line family plan from Sprint to Verizon next week when the Pre 2 comes out.
  7. #7  
    According to this article, Sprint should be getting the Pre2... Read here:

    mopocket Blog Archive Hands on with the Palm Pre 2

    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    "For now, the Overland Park (Kan.) wireless carrier is betting on two major smartphone platforms: BlackBerry and Android."

    I don't think they can make it much plainer than that. WebOS is not on their radar. I'm moving my four-line family plan from Sprint to Verizon next week when the Pre 2 comes out.
  8. joe1blue's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I find it to be ironic and a bit sad that they are more publicly excited about the iPad which they do not even sell, than they are about the Pre. They seem to care more about their nonexistent relationship with Apple than their real one with HP. These are interesting times.
    if there is any way we can flash a Version phone to sprint that would be great if anyone knows how to do that they would make some money off me because I love the prices of sprint service no one can touch it once again dose anyone know how to flash a phone to sprint because both sprint and version are CDMA and I have seen people flash sprint phones to a small company called metro pcs and they are also CDMA :/

    p.s. Flashing is the like the same as jailbreaking the phone just wanted to note that?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    According to this article, Sprint should be getting the Pre2... Read here:

    mopocket Blog Archive Hands on with the Palm Pre 2
    If I move to verizon, its 20$ more a month for me.

    Terrible plans.
  10. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    According to this article, Sprint should be getting the Pre2... Read here:

    mopocket Blog Archive Hands on with the Palm Pre 2
    I've read that and I certainly hope it is right, the more carriers webOS is on the better for all webOS users. But it's worth noting that it is Palm talking, not Sprint. Palm also said that if you want it on Sprint go tell Sprint.

    It is a moot point for me anyway because I've already decided to switch to Verizon. When I switched to Sprint many, many years ago it wasn't for their prices, their network, or their customer service, it was because they had the phone I wanted, the Treo 300. I've stayed with them despite the fact that Verizon has better coverage in many places I go because they continued to have the phones I wanted. That changed with the Pre + and now the Pre 2. My launch day (1st in line) Sprint Pre is getting old.

    I'm not saying it is necessarily the right move for anyone else, but it is for me. With my 4 line family plan it is not much more per line per month to go to Verizon and fortunately I can afford it. I think it is the right move long term for me and my family because for us Verizon has better coverage and better phone selection (and to top it off they just announced that our city will be among their first wave to get 4G LTE service.)

    My loyalty isn't to a particular carrier, but to our needs. If the situation changes I would switch back to Sprint, but right now I don't see that happening.

Posting Permissions