Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I am on a family plan with verizon and my grandma hasn't used her upgrade and i dont think she will. i just got a phone like 6 months ago i was wondering if i can use my grandmas upgrade?

P.S. i know this is not an verizon forum but you guys are always helpful
    you can, but you will have to use her phone number, and give her yours!
    When I broke my enV2, the sales rep told me I could take my mom's upgrade and get my Palm, or pay a $20 upgrade fee after 1 year.

I was able to wait a few more weeks and get my first smartphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    you can, but you will have to use her phone number, and give her yours!
    No you don't. You do have to activate the new phone using her number. After it's activate it you can just switch them. I've done it many times.
    Yeah. Get the upgrade on her line, then just call in and have them activate your number on her phone, because it will be shipped ready for her to activate it. It WILL make her locked in for another 2 years though if you do take it.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Yeah. Get the upgrade on her line, then just call in and have them activate your number on her phone, because it will be shipped ready for her to activate it. It WILL make her locked in for another 2 years though if you do take it.
    she doesn't have a smartphone so would i have to pay for two data plans even though she does't have it
    The Verizon sales and tech staff will sort it out for you - my family plan gets a little “shake and bake” every time one of us comes up for an upgrade.

Work with them – it’s their jobs!

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    you are going to take away your grandma's upgrade, what a grandson ...... Just kidding
    If this helped you hit thanks.