Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    Toni,
    Do you think we'll be able to purchase the Rogers Pre2 off contract and use ecare to move our Bell service to it via sim swap? Will the resulting phone be able to use Rogers updates and Doctor versions?
    I'm sure we'll get 2.0 within a couple of months of Rogers releasing the Pre2 (hopefully sooner) but as Bell loses interest in us Pre minus owners, I'm sure we're in for a similiar situation to what they have in the states where one carrier releases updates in a timely fashion while the poor cousins (us) are left salivating and stewing.
    I know, I know, I'm being negative, I should take a chill pill. I just have no faith in Bell Mobility ( can you tell? )
    I don't have faith in ANY carriers in Canada.

But yeah you shouldn't have any problems. As I mentioned before plenty of reports people moving to iPhones from the Pre plan. All you need is a new SIM card, get one at Wal-Mart or The Source.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    that's a moot point
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #23  
    Amen, I certainly don't think Rogers is any better than Bell.
  4.    #24  
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would with a Rogers phone on the bell network would we be able to use the updates/doctor from whichever provider receives it first or is it tied to the carrier as it is in the states?
    While Rogers approves the update, it's still Palm that pushes the updates out.

ALTHOUGH there have been reports that AT&T units not in US are having trouble receiving the updates. But then it worked after a few tries, as some reports also suggest.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6.    #26  
    I was thinking and rethinking about my concerns about bell releasing this update and it occured to me ( I'm a bit slow on the uptake), that Bell would do well to push this update as quickly as possible in order to steal some of the thunder from Rogers Pre2 release.
    While it makes sense for Palm to bury the release of 2.0 as an update until after the Pre 2 gets released and a certain number of units are sold..... wait a minute...... would it be possible for Rogers to require palm to hold back the 2.0 update for Bell in their agreement to carry the Pre 2?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12