Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Hey guys, what are your thoughts on going with the new Blackberry Style flip phone (that is coming out at the end of October as a Sprint exclusive) to hold me over until the new HPalm Super phone comes out after C.E.S. in January? I'm currently using an LG Musiq because I couldn't get myself to spend more on a Pre Minus than other carriers were charging for the Plus.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    If I were to go back to BlackBerry, the Style would be one of my top choices. For the longest time I couldn't decide if this phone was a dream come true or really odd looking, but it makes me feel nostalgic for my old clamshell phones. I don't think I could do purple though.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Yeah, and the fact that it is exclusive to Sprint would give me something unique, a phone that would stand out of the crowd, that not everyone has - make me feel good about being on Sprint! Plus, crackberry.com has some positive first impressions.
    or you could try getting a pixi on sprint I think its free on contract. As well as you can overclock it now, and with webos 2.0 coming out and the patchs available I think that would hold you over alot better IMO. The reviews of the flip are so so for this device, an d why spend any money if your waiting for a great device.
    600 MHz, no touchscreen, and BBOS 6.Fail. LOL, worthless phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    600 MHz, no touchscreen, and BBOS 6.Fail. LOL, worthless phone.
    You don't need 1ghz to run BBOS and not having a touchscreen is pointless when you have a great optical trackpad. You can navigate the blackberry with gloves on. Cant do that with a Pre.

To the OP: I'd say check it out. If it's not too silly looking for your tastes, go for it. I'll be looking at one this week probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1618 View Post
    Hey guys, what are your thoughts on going with the new Blackberry Style flip phone (that is coming out at the end of October as a Sprint exclusive) to hold me over until the new HPalm Super phone comes out after C.E.S. in January? I'm currently using an LG Musiq because I couldn't get myself to spend more on a Pre Minus than other carriers were charging for the Plus.
    My love and heart is in webos. I can't see myself with any other os at all.. As tempting as it(bb)

might be > I have to pass on that one.
    I had been thinking about the same thing myself but the impending webOS 2.0 update with Flash has me thinking about sticking with my Pre minus or going to VZ for the Pre2. I'd really like to stick with webOS.. it's times like these where it gets tough tho
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Do we know that WebOS 2.0 is coming/will work on a Pixi minus?
    Not a BlackBerry fan, so for me - NO.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    You don't need 1ghz to run BBOS and not having a touchscreen is pointless when you have a great optical trackpad. You can navigate the blackberry with gloves on. Cant do that with a Pre.

To the OP: I'd say check it out. If it's not too silly looking for your tastes, go for it. I'll be looking at one this week probably.
    Ha... you've never used BBOS6, have you? I thought not. You need a LOT more than 600 MHz for it to be ANYTHING BUT choppy and unusable. Blackberry's new phones are simply... terrible. No getting around that.