Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It seems that the Pre 2 will be popping up on other carriers besides sprint. And to be honest, I'm not surprised. IMHO I think Sprint is doing exactly what it always has. Letting other carriers get the new phone, Pre2, then out of nowhere unveiling that it will be getting the newer model palm phone (because from what HP stated, it will be coming out with multiple phones with webos). Does this sound plausible to anyone else? Sprint holds out for a bit then WHAM!!!, completely new hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Sprint holds out for a bit then WHAM!!!, completely new hardware?
    That was too funny! I know Sprint will come out with a new Palm device but I want the Pre 2 NOW!! It is not fair that they used Sprint customers as Beta testers when the Pre was initially released. We went through it all and is this, the thanks we get? I get a yearly option to buy a new phone and would like to use this option for the Pre 2 and next year, I can buy what new hardware they have in stock. Is that too much to ask?

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I personally am a launch day Sprint Pre owner, and though the Pre 2 does have some very nice improvements, I have a very distinct feeling Sprint and HPalm will have a revolutionary, not evolutionary, webOS device in store for us come CES. Understood that there is no real concrete evidence of this, but it's just a feeling that I, as well as many in this forum, have. Can't wait until January!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    I personally am a launch day Sprint Pre owner, and though the Pre 2 does have some very nice improvements, I have a very distinct feeling Sprint and HPalm will have a revolutionary, not evolutionary, webOS device in store for us come CES. Understood that there is no real concrete evidence of this, but it's just a feeling that I, as well as many in this forum, have. Can't wait until January!
    completely agree. If I was sprint and we already had a Pre, a would hold out, not get the Pre2 cause its basically the same phone, and wait for something thats really new and not just an upgrade (not trying to down on the Pre2).
    i can tell you i can not wait for 6-8 months down the road when HPalm brings us new hardware and a lot more apps. i will stay tuned and be there when it happens.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Just a thought: What if the next phone isn't what most expected... Then what? ...and sprint pass out on the pre2.

Moderators would have their work cut out for them. There would be so much deleted thread, post, and infractions being sent out. Lol
    I think what most of us really want is not the pre 2,,but the first hp device that runs web os. Something that will have the screen size and all the bells and whistles like an epic or an evo. At first I was upset with sprint for not getting pre 2,until I realized sprint is going all 4g,so in my opinion,thats what they are waiting for.
    why cant people look at this from sprint's perspective? investing in phones that wont sell has cost them a lot of money in the past (see: sprint pre). they have learned from there mistakes and now invest in phones that will help them make money (see: business sense). investing in the pre2 would be making the same mistake twice (see: insanity).

us sprint pre users are small in number compared to their smartphone subscriber base. and most of us will just upgrade to another sprint phone, not change carriers. they know this. it'll take promising hardware (see: potential top sellers) to get new webos devices on sprint, not a couple thousand blog posts.

unfortunately for us early adopters, webos phones on sprint has thus far been more trouble than its worth.
  9.    #9  
    I dont think its troubling. My opening day pre still works great and does everything i need it to do. So waiting for new hardware will not be pulling teeth.
    Am I the only one who doesn't care?

When I need/want a new phone, I'll pick whatever one suits my needs and preferences and I don't care if it's a Palm.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I totally agree with h3artl3ss. Have had my pre for over a year with no problems and it does all I need. Would I want to pay 2 -3 hundred for a new phone. No not without some compelling reason. I don't need 5 or 10,000 apps.
    I want one of our Homebrew gurus to port webOS to the EVO. That would be an instant dream device. Then HPalm & Sprint could go bump themselves.
    Sprint not being the first carrier to have gotten the pre2... does raises a lot of questions for sprint customers. Phone companies sells different kinds of phones, customers choose the phone(s) they want. Sprint chooses not to carry the pre2, which leave us with the "BIG" question > Why?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    why cant people look at this from sprint's perspective? investing in phones that wont sell has cost them a lot of money in the past (see: sprint pre). they have learned from there mistakes and now invest in phones that will help them make money (see: business sense). investing in the pre2 would be making the same mistake twice (see: insanity).
    Forgive my ignorance. Wasn't the Pre the best selling Sprint phone before the Evo? It might have stayed that way if not for the horrific amount of returns for poor build quality and/or some good advertising. If the Pre 2 is well made and has similar specs to other current smartphones there is no reason it cannot make money for Sprint. Verizon has sold a lot less Pres and is the largest US carrier. Why are they willing to make that "mistake" twice especially since the Pre Plus is closer to the Pre 2 specs than the Sprint Pre? If Sprint is so interested in investing in "phones that will help them make money" then explain the Nextel debacle.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    Forgive my ignorance. Wasn't the Pre the best selling Sprint phone before the Evo? It might have stayed that way if not for the horrific amount of returns for poor build quality and/or some good advertising. If the Pre 2 is well made and has similar specs to other current smartphones there is no reason it cannot make money for Sprint. Verizon has sold a lot less Pres and is the largest US carrier. Why are they willing to make that "mistake" twice especially since the Pre Plus is closer to the Pre 2 specs than the Sprint Pre? If Sprint is so interested in investing in "phones that will help them make money" then explain the Nextel debacle.
    Lol totally agree, the nextel move was a horrible mistake. But lets not point to that everytime theres a tiff.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Lol totally agree, the nextel move was a horrible mistake. But lets not point to that everytime theres a tiff.
    LOL.That was a low blow wasn't it? I still stand by the rest of my comments.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    LOL.That was a low blow wasn't it? I still stand by the rest of my comments.
    Yea, but it was still kinda funny.
    completely agree. If I was sprint and we already had a Pre, a would hold out, not get the Pre2 cause its basically the same phone, and wait for something thats really new and not just an upgrade (not trying to down on the Pre2).
    It's not the same phone... The extra ram alone makes it a vast upgrade fron the Pre(-). If Sprint had the Pre+ I might tend to agree. So now someone who knows nothing of a Pre sees a Pre 2 in the wild, but being on Sprint, gets a Pre thinking it's the same phone. And yes, I have faith that people will make that mistake.
  19.    #19  
    Yea, thats why I kinda said I hope sprint is holding out so they can get an actual new phone with webos. And not one thats just an "upgrade"
    It's very clear in my imagination--a brand new HPalm 4G phone from Sprint in the spring. And it will be grand! Here's hoping...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast