Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    I'm writing this from my phone. i got this from Sprint this morning. Unfortunately I missed the call but they emailed me right after. Here it is.


    On Oct 21, 2010 8:42 AM, Dan@sprint.com <Dan@sprint.com> wrote:

    Good Morning Danny,

    Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. I attempted to call you this
    morning but the call was routed to voicemail. We at Sprint have been a
    longtime partner of Palm and a great supporter of its products. While we
    do not currently have any information we can provide in regards to
    upcoming products from Palm or HP I would hope that our relationship
    continues as HP develops the Palm brand to its full potential. We
    greatly appreciate your business, please let us know if we can assist
    you further.

    Have a great day!

    Jared R.
    <phone # deleted by Mod>
    Dan@Sprint.com Support
    Bristol, VA
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/21/2010 at 08:32 AM.
  2. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubDan View Post
    While we do not currently have any information we can provide in regards to upcoming products from Palm or HP I would hope that our relationship continues as HP develops the Palm brand to its full potential.
    This sounds like he is putting the issue in HP's hands, that Sprint has less control, specifically the words "I would hope".

    What do you think?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3. #3  
    I think he is saying "when Palm delivers a revolutionary phone, we'll offer it". Sprint has always focused on having the most advanced phones before anyone else. The Pre2 doesn't fit that image. However, I still wish they'd offer it just to solve all of the issues that their Pre Minus users have been living with... maybe just as a limited offer only to existing pre minus users.
  4.    #4  
    I think it sounds like they want something else besides the pre & pixi design. They're still standing by HP & Palm here which is a good thing. I don't think Sprint will leave out early webos adopters at all. CES will be our day
  5. #5  
    I don't think the plus or pre2 should have been announced as new phones. They should have just been upgrades that replaced palms line of the last phone on any carrier. It's not a different phone, so that's how it shouldv played out. That would win incredible loyalty both frm users and carriers.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Sprint has always focused on having the most advanced phones before anyone else.
    Besides the Evo, can you give any evidence to support such a claim? Because I disagree totally.

    The Evo has been the first time, in recent memory, that Sprint had a better spec phone than any of the carriers. [obviously it was only for a short period of time]
  7. #7  
    <quote deleted by mod>

    I understand your aggravation with them but it's a good way to let Sprint know that there are at least some customers that want to remain with Webos and thus still have faith in Hpalm.

    Although I promise that Sprint isn't choosing to not carry the Pre 2 [thus far] just for fun.
    There's a very good business reason for it.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 10/21/2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: removed quote - original deleted
  8. flea's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Besides the Evo, can you give any evidence to support such a claim? Because I disagree totally.

    The Evo has been the first time, in recent memory, that Sprint had a better spec phone than any of the carriers. [obviously it was only for a short period of time]
    epic 4G.. It's won a few award
  9. #9  
    **Note: The thread has been cleaned and rude and off-topic posts removed. Please stay on-topic and polite. Remember, this is about phones - not people. Thank you!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    epic 4G.. It's won a few award
    The Epic is an advanced phone but really it was released after a lot of the other Galaxy S phones so I don't really consider his comment to be applicable to it.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Besides the Evo, can you give any evidence to support such a claim? Because I disagree totally.

    The Evo has been the first time, in recent memory, that Sprint had a better spec phone than any of the carriers. [obviously it was only for a short period of time]
    you would have to go back a few years to refresh my memory. I know they had the first Pre, years before they had the first 3G while AT&T was on Edge and Verizon was still on 1x. I believe that Sprint was the first to offer an aircard for the PC, and the first to offer the MiFi.

    They offered a lot of phones before other carriers had them, like the Centro and Centro Pro.

    I know there are others because I've had sprint friends show them off over the years, but my memory is fading.

    but I think long-time sprint users (and I mean 5-10 years) will probably confirm that Sprint likes to get a device first and they like to be exclusive. in the early days the underdog phone makers would use that to get a us carrier when the bigger carriers wouldn't want the risk. that was more applicable when each phone maker had their own OS, android didn't exist, and there were more wireless carriers - before verizon and AT&T/Cingular became mega-carriers.

    does that help?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I don't think the plus or pre2 should have been announced as new phones. They should have just been upgrades that replaced palms line of the last phone on any carrier. It's not a different phone, so that's how it shouldv played out. That would win incredible loyalty both frm users and carriers.
    patricksmangan makes an excellent point that if Sprint or any other carrier really wanted to support their client base they would upgrade their product lines to the latest version of hardware that exists from the manufactures. The support of upgraded hardware should actually save in service costs and returns as most hardware upgrades fix issues on previous iterations of the phones. I think that Sprint not moving to the Plus upgrades for the Pre and Pixi has hurt Sprint and Palm. The Sprint Palm users feel betrayed by both companies.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I think that Sprint not moving to the Plus upgrades for the Pre and Pixi has hurt Sprint and Palm. The Sprint Palm users feel betrayed by both companies.
    Given the market share of 4.6% of Palm [and the drop from 7% to 4.6% since the release of the pre] I don't agree.


    Prepaid, 4G returns Sprint to customer growth

    I think it's hurt Palm but I think the only thing that has hurt Sprint here is the black eye it took from offering the Pre.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 10/21/2010 at 10:36 AM.
  14. #14  
    So what's the plan guys? Are we all going to politely email dan@sprint.com and ask him when are the new Pre devices coming to Sprint?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Given the market share of 4.6% of Palm [and the drop from 7% to 4.6% since the release of the pre] I don't agree.


    Prepaid, 4G returns Sprint to customer growth

    I think it's hurt Palm but I think the only thing that has hurt Sprint here is the black eye it took from offering the Pre.
    what your saying to me is wrong. Ive been with sprint for 12 years, and with the pre launch (being the first to break its sales records) my contact at the Corporate site states that though the Pre didnt live up to expectations, it did turn heads for more potential customers to come to sprint, hence paving the way for the EVO, and EPICs. So if you just listen to what people say out here, as ones opinions thats fine, but what your stating is not factual, and IMO if you look at what the Pre did for sprint as opposed to what it didnt, you would see that the Pre was a huge part for Sprint finally posting a + Quarter in years.
  16. #16  
    Once again, I have to ask why you guys bother asking Sprint reps for information they cannot provide. Dan has not told you anything new in his response, he's just worded it differently than the other half dozen responses that have already been posted in the forums. You're not going to get any useful information out of a Sprint rep until a press release has been made. No sense in pestering them about the Pre 2.
  17. #17  
    I agree with Syndil, a rep is not going to risk his employment leting corporate secrets slip, and that's even IF they are privvy to that information, which is usually top-level stuff.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  18. kg4icg's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,181 Global Posts
    #18  
    We Sprint Pre owners are getting webOS 2.0, so we aren't in the cold. Just have to be patient for Future hardware. This is my 14th year with Sprint starting way back under Sprint Spectrum with a Ericsson handset. By the way Sprint was the first digital cellphone provider way before the others decided to do it by force of Regulation with VZW kicking and screaming being the last.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Once again, I have to ask why you guys bother asking Sprint reps for information they cannot provide. Dan has not told you anything new in his response, he's just worded it differently than the other half dozen responses that have already been posted in the forums. You're not going to get any useful information out of a Sprint rep until a press release has been made. No sense in pestering them about the Pre 2.
    Agreed. But its fun pestering them! >.< Just to let Mr Hesse know we are serious about WebOS and we shall wait and see at the CES 2011 hopefully
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ... maybe just as a limited offer only to existing pre minus users.
    That, my friend is a magnificent idea!! Oh, how I wish it was so doable.


    "How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions