Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    We Sprint Pre owners are getting webOS 2.0, so we aren't in the cold. Just have to be patient for Future hardware. This is my 14th year with Sprint starting way back under Sprint Spectrum with a Ericsson handset. By the way Sprint was the first digital cellphone provider way before the others decided to do it by force of Regulation with VZW kicking and screaming being the last.
    me too im a 12 year member myself, and I agree really the Pre 2 is a minor bump lets really look at it. Though no doubt the hardware on our Pre is weak and feeble (though I still have my launch day pre and its in perfect condition) and minus the extra ram it seems under powered, but is it really with homebrew behind us?

    Pre
    -256mb ram (with OC kernel no too many card errors I opened up more then 50 cards with the F105 1ghz kernel)
    -500mhz vs 1ghz (Oc kernel again and seems faster with their stock)
    3mg cam vs 5mg ( I can live without it for a few months)
    -plastic screen vs glass (nice but again whats another 4 to 6 months for something better)
    -webos 2.0 we all get it

    so to me i can live another 4 to 6 months and wait for something better that HP and Palm are working on now. Why rush to get a refresh when we know over the horizon something better is coming and soon. So to me I say lets take the webos 2.0 update, help ROD fund the hombrew community still so that they can update our 1ghz kernels, and patchs. Enjoy the update that 2.0 gives us , and by the time we tire of it and look at the hardware again a new and improved device will be out.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Besides the Evo, can you give any evidence to support such a claim? Because I disagree totally.

    The Evo has been the first time, in recent memory, that Sprint had a better spec phone than any of the carriers. [obviously it was only for a short period of time]
    Sprint hasn't really had super great phones. The Blade was the first phone that was actually marketed with a name (soon after the Razor) and Samsung and Palm were really the biggest Sprint phones. The Palm Pre was really the first phone that turned heads, then we got the Evo and EPIC .... and who knows whats next.

    However, Dan Hesse did say the reason they didn't get a Android phone first (and let T-Mobile have it first) was because Android wasn't good enough yet. So, if the CEO then said that, maybe he thinks the same of the Pre 2. Who knows? No one until he tells us! (which is why we email him ... if enough do, maybe he will do a response publicly)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you would have to go back a few years to refresh my memory. I know they had the first Pre, years before they had the first 3G while AT&T was on Edge and Verizon was still on 1x. I believe that Sprint was the first to offer an aircard for the PC, and the first to offer the MiFi.
    Look it up, Verizon was the first carrier in the us to have 3G. Sprint was the second (national). ATT was last I believe. A lot of people like to say the reason iPhone didn't have 3G in it's first gen was because "it wasn't ready". Well, it was on Sprint and Verizon, but it wasn't ready or wasn't even released yet in 2007 when the iPhone came out. It wasn't ready back in 2008, either.
  3. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Once again, I have to ask why you guys bother asking Sprint reps for information they cannot provide. Dan has not told you anything new in his response, he's just worded it differently than the other half dozen responses that have already been posted in the forums. You're not going to get any useful information out of a Sprint rep until a press release has been made. No sense in pestering them about the Pre 2.
    Because if you let them know and losts of others do as well they pass it up the food chain. Businesses are in it for profit. If they feel that they are losing customers by not offering a phone then they will change course. If no one complains then they will think no one cares.
  4. #24  
    Sprint acts like we're stupid. We all know that if Sprint wants the Pre2, they can get it, period. When are these carriers going to wake up & realize that we're smarter than that?
    Instead, Sprint would rather play these stupid little coy, idiotic word games, without ever giving anyone a straight answer.
    Sprint, this is why you're the NUMBER 3 carrier, when you should be #1. Keep it up numbskulls, you'll be #4.
  5. benthe1's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    what your saying to me is wrong. Ive been with sprint for 12 years, and with the Pre launch (being the first to break its sales records) my contact at the Corporate site states that though the Pre didnt live up to expectations, it did turn heads for more potential customers to come to sprint, hence paving the way for the EVO, and EPICs. So if you just listen to what people say out here, as ones opinions thats fine, but what your stating is not factual, and IMO if you look at what the Pre did for sprint as opposed to what it didnt, you would see that the Pre was a huge part for Sprint finally posting a + Quarter in years.
    What made Sprint finally post a positive customer gain was the EVO. Yes, the Pre helped Sprint gain a few customers but the quarter that the Pre was released in, still had Sprint at a net subscriber loss. You know, webOS is awesome. That is why Sprint was willing to risk taking exclusivity for 6 months. Unfortunately, Palm sucked balls on the hardware of the Pre and some of the software. (loose slider, cracking screens, small screen/keyboard, too many cards, missing essential functions, etc.) This is what made Palm go "under" aka, being bought by HP.

    I can't wait for HP to release hardware running webOS. (I don't think HP has anything to do with the Pre 2's hardware development.) Let's hope that one of the devices that HP makes is a phone for all our sakes. We know that HP will produce a bunch of tablets with webOS but we don't know about the phone part. One of the main reasons HP bought Palm was to get into the tablet industry but the phone industry was a second thought. I can't wait for the first half of next year to see everything HP has in-store for us.
  6. benthe1's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Sprint acts like we're stupid. We all know that if Sprint wants the Pre2, they can get it, period. When are these carriers going to wake up & realize that we're smarter than that?
    Instead, Sprint would rather play these stupid little coy, idiotic word games, without ever giving anyone a straight answer.
    Sprint, this is why you're the NUMBER 3 carrier, when you should be #1. Keep it up numbskulls, you'll be #4.
    Because it's just so easy to run a multi-billion dollar corporation.... numb nuts.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubDan View Post
    I'm writing this from my phone. i got this from Sprint this morning. Unfortunately I missed the call but they emailed me right after. Here it is.


    On Oct 21, 2010 8:42 AM, Dan@sprint.com <Dan@sprint.com> wrote:

    Good Morning Danny,

    Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. I attempted to call you this
    morning but the call was routed to voicemail. We at Sprint have been a
    longtime partner of Palm and a great supporter of its products. While we
    do not currently have any information we can provide in regards to
    upcoming products from Palm or HP I would hope that our relationship
    continues as HP develops the Palm brand to its full potential. We
    greatly appreciate your business, please let us know if we can assist
    you further.

    Have a great day!

    Jared R.
    <phone # deleted by Mod>
    Dan@Sprint.com Support
    Bristol, VA

    Translation, we'll talk once they hand us a 4G webos device.....
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    The Epic is an advanced phone but really it was released after a lot of the other Galaxy S phones so I don't really consider his comment to be applicable to it.
    the epic 4g is the highest spec phone sprint currently offers. also one of the most expensive even on an upgrade.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions