1.    #1  
    now that the pre 2 is coming soon to vzw, how are vzw pre and pixi plus considering upgrading, if you want the newest device?

previously I have been able to do annual upgrades so long as I renew my 2 yr contract, as part of being the primary acct holder on the "VIP" plan. Someone else on precentral posted a few months ago that VZW discontinued the plan in feb...which would obviously suck. Other than opening a new line or purchasing the phone ful price, do you guys think there will be other options?
    VIP's over. Not sure if anything replaced it. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Although there is no VIP plan, the primary account holder still gets an annual upgrade as long as the base plan is $49.99 or higher per month and the customer is registered with My Verizon.
  4.    #4  
    @sydk,

I have such a plan and am registered with my vzw, but the soonest I can upgrade per the site is 18 months into my 2 yr.

can you direct me to the option you are referring to?
    they offer a two year program, and a 1 year upgrade at a higher price. I recall it being about $100 more for the hardware the last time I did the 1-year thing to go from the 700p to the 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    @sydk,

I have such a plan and am registered with my vzw, but the soonest I can upgrade per the site is 18 months into my 2 yr.

can you direct me to the option you are referring to?
    you are referring to the "new every two", but if you call customer service they will also have a lower price for an annual upgrade. not as cheap as every two years, but better than full retail. call vzw and ask them about it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you are referring to the "new every two", but if you call customer service they will also have a lower price for an annual upgrade. not as cheap as every two years, but better than full retail. call vzw and ask them about it.
    Never mind, I found the option-

Answers to FAQs

scroll to the bottom:

:You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).