Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I complained and got an answer saying they are not carrying any palm phones Yet. Here is their response and my email back to them:
    I understand you are requesting information about a new Palm/HP phone with webos operating systerm. We have not received any information on a release for a new version of the Palm Pre. I have input your comments into the system. Please look at the phones and phone information on www.sprint.com. We have several new phones coming to the Sprint network, but no Palm's yet. Hope this is of some assistance to you.

my response:
    Thanks for your quick response! I just want to make sure I read this correctly. From the research I have done I have found the carrier chooses which phones it allows on it's network. If you 'have not received any info' on the new palm phone I am a very upset sprint customer. I believe this is Sprints job especially as 'the Now network' to know which phones will be released! Is it the carriers job or the phone makers job to get phones on your network ? Also I am a little encouraged because you say that you are not carrying any Palm phones YET. I take that as hope.
    I am fully aware of all the phones you offer and I am not interested in any of them except the two I own...the Palm Pre and the Palm Pixi. I am only staying on Sprint if I can upgrade to a new Hp/Palm phone before my contract ends January 2012.
    I have been with Sprint since 11/09 and have been a happy customer and I have referred multiple people to Sprint. I believe the custsomer service has improved but I want to get some clarity on my above questions.

your thoughts?
    I wish someone who knows exactly what's going on.. would just say something. I don't know why Sprint is being so hush-hush on letting the public(We) know what is going on. I guess by now ~ Sprint is aware of their Palm pre users disgust with their reluctant behaviour towards getting the Pre2.
    A splendid effort on your part but in my view, the response from Sprint does not convey any sense of positivity. Firstly, that is the response of yet another Sprint agent trying their very best to appease a customer. Secondly, the comments he/she entered into their system is going to languish in “comment purgatory” with the likes of “Why did your Agent Hang up on me” and “A supervisor will call you back”. Thirdly, the end date of your contract is not a motivation for them to feel threatened. Sprint loses customers on a daily basis and even as much as they would like to retain them, having a customer stay with them for 70% of the duration of their contract is a luxury they will welcome with open arms as well as the breach of contract fee. Just my thought.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    sprint will not pick up the palm pre 2 any time soon unless a miracle happens ! I promise
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    There is ZERO chance that Palm did NOT send information to Sprint about the Pre2. Sprint knows about it, they have chosen not to carry it, and they don't want to say that to their existing Palm customers for fear of affirming our need to switch to their competition.

I work for a large corporation, any public communication must be filtered through legal and have a zillion approvals before it's released. I'm sure Sprint is just as bureaucratic so I wouldn't expect any word from them any time soon. Whatever does come out of them in regards to this will be mamby-pamby, jargon-filled nonsense designed to lull us into believing that there's hope so we will stick with them until the next Palm phone goes to every other carrier but ours.
    I believe they will get the next device but not the pre 2
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    sprint will certainly get another webOS phone, although maybe not the Pre2. It is driven by carrier choice and schedule availability.

sprint has too many PalmOS and webOS users to not carry at least one Palm phone. Be patient...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 10/20/2010 at 12:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I sent Sprint an email and this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern regarding the
    Pre 2 device.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to this handset
    unavailability.

Currently, the palm Palm Pre and Palm Pixi handsets are available for
    our customer. Since the device you asked about is not available to our
    customers, so I am unable to provide the details you requested for. If
    Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and pricing
    details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our retail
    stores. We encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web site
    to see if a change in availability occurs.

You may like to view & choose from the wide variety of phones we offer,
    on our website at: Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. Please write to us. We appreciate
    your association with us.

Sincerely,
    Max P.
    Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sprint will certainly get another webOS phone, although maybe not the Pre2. It is driven by carrier choice and schedule availability.

sprint has to many PalmOS and webOS users to not carry at least one Palm phone. Be patient...
    I think Sprint wants a 4G Palm phone. They seem to be moving in that direction for their high-end smartphones...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Be patient...
    We've been told that for a loooooong time now. It only goes so far, my friend. Getting passed over for two hardware upgrades does not bode well for the future.
    I got a pretty similar response last night.

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am glad to know your keen interest in
    Palm Pre 2 phone.

At present we are only offering Sprint Palm Pre phone to our customers
    and we assure you that we keep on offering the new phones according to
    the customer's demand and requirement.

We understand that Verizon has announced Palm Pre 2 phone for their
    customers. If Sprint offers that particular phone in the future, you
    will find the product and pricing details on Sprint.com and in
    promotional information at our retail stores. I encourage you to watch
    news reports or monitor our web site to see if a change in availability
    occurs.

We thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
    Adam G.
    Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    We've been told that for a loooooong time now. It only goes so far, my friend. Getting passed over for two hardware upgrades does not bode well for the future.
    just remember that it is sprint's decision. I think it has more to do with sprint's tendency to want 'exclusive' models before any other carrier. The pre plus and pre2 are the same on other carriers.

I wouldn't be surprised for sprint to be first with the 'next gen' superphone that palm is certainly working on.

I don't see that exclusive lasting very long, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are the first by a few months.

the EVO is the best example. Tey had it several months before the 'incredible' launched om vzw.

that's been sprints MO for years, although I think they have lost the clout to drive hard bargains with phone makers since the operating systems are available from multiple brands. It was easier for them when they could reject a single brand like nokia (remember them?) or motorola because they all had their own platform. Even winmo had only a few models.

but android and win7 change that, making it harder for the #3 carrier to drive a take-it-or-leave-it position.

if they did that with android, they would shrink to the size of tmobile in a matter of months because they would be limiting themselves to palm and blackberry. IMHO
    We are all in for a big surprise from sprint... I do think they will eventually get the pre2.
    maybe they are simply waiting to deplete their Pre inventory, before announcing the Pre2? Remember, Verizon's online Pre just went out-of-stock last week. Maybe Sprint is waiting for the last few/hundred/thousand units to sell.
    I see pandas.
    just remember that it is sprint's decision. I think it has more to do with sprint's tendency to want 'exclusive' models before any other carrier. The pre plus and pre2 are the same on other carriers.
    If that's truly Sprint's attitude, then they're going to have to deal with the customer churn. I, for one, am getting very tired of this cloak-and-dagger nonsense when it comes to upcoming devices. Other manufacturers (HTC, Samsung, Motorola, etc) all publish new phone info months and months in advance of release yet they still sell out those devices at launch. There is really no need to be super-secretive anymore.

The problem here is the business strategy. Being stuck on AT&T because you're an iPhone lover may stink, but you're guaranteed to get hardware upgrades if you want them and not have to switch carriers. It's not a question of IF, but WHEN. That's not the case for us, we have both the IF and the WHEN to contend with. The thing that's sticking in people's craw is that there ARE hardware updates available, but we're not allowed to have them on our current carrier for reasons unknown.
    They won't offer a new smartphone unless it has a 4G modem. That's Sprint's #1 advantage right now, and they are making it a requirement for their phones. Just look at the Samsung Epic. There's no way they go through with the task of this announcement without it taking advantage of their best asset- 4G coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenton86 View Post
    They won't offer a new smartphone unless it has a 4G modem. That's Sprint's #1 advantage right now, and they are making it a requirement for their phones. Just look at the Samsung Epic. There's no way they go through with the task of this announcement without it taking advantage of their best asset- 4G coverage.
    we know thats not entirly true since the two new android devices, and BB flip device is not 4 G, and are more underpowered then even the refreshed Pre 2. So at this point there would be no reason not to carry the Pre 2 if available, and risk loosing those paticular customers for no reason, since carring the Pre 2 will only help not hurt them. Sprint could eaisly order a very small number of the devices, so not to worry about overstock, and if they sell order another small order. They have nothing to loose, and alot to gain for the holiday season IMO.
    Of course it's not 4G. Only Sprint has 4G and they aren't getting it (yet?).

Remember that HTC has a variet of very similar Android phones in both GSM and CDMA flavors. But, ONLY the EVO has a 4G radio as well. The same is true for the Samsung Galaxy S series. Only the Epic is 4G.

Who's to say it won't come to Sprint as a 4G device?

So, who's to say that a Sprint Pre 2 wouldn't be 4G?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenton86 View Post
    Lies. Blackberry Style killed this theory.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast