Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I e-mailed ruby@palm.com ....

And got the generic facebook response, email sprint post on facebook blah blah.

Wonder if it was really him...
    Why do you guys even bother asking Sprint reps stuff like this. They are not allowed to tell you anything new until it's officially announced in a press release, and then we will all know. They're just telling you the same thing over and over. They don't have it, they don't know (or they can't say) whether or not they will get it. No one has said they won't be getting it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I got more or less the same response.

I don't think Sprint realizes how quickly they are going to lose a bunch of customers of this decision.

Even if no good webOS phone comes out on Sprint and I have to switch to an Android device, I would rather pick one from Verizon. Their selection of Android is so much better. Not to mention that they will have WP7 and the iPhone. What exactly does Sprint offer me now hardware wise that Verizon has/will not beat.

CES will be the deciding factor for me. If no new Palm device for Sprint then I will be switching to Verizon and taking my 3 other lines with me.
    Verizon won't have WP7. WP7 is GSM only and Verizon is CDMA. Only AT&T and T-Mobile with have WP7 in the US. Not that it matters. Android is a better choice than WP7.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Why do you guys even bother asking Sprint reps stuff like this. They are not allowed to tell you anything new until it's officially announced in a press release, and then we will all know. They're just telling you the same thing over and over. They don't have it, they don't know (or they can't say) whether or not they will get it. No one has said they won't be getting it either.
    +10000000

Sure, the responses you're getting from Sprint reps sucks, but that's all they're allowed to say without breaking NDA's or getting fired. Try asking any software company what their next super app is or what unreleased software they're working on and see how many of them actually spill the beans.

Sprint aren't the only people that do this, this is a general practice among all software/hardware developers. Get used to it. You most likely won't hear a peep until they're ready to get this product released.

As for the topic at hand, it wouldn't surprise me if the Pre 2 was only available on the same carriers as the Pre Plus, and Sprint ends up with exclusivity to the next gen Palm phone. As much as it saddens me that that means I'll have to wait even longer for a new phone, my Pre is still working fine with UberKernel so it's really not that big of a deal.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Dear ScottW911,

Thank you for contacting sprint regarding Palm Pre 2 Handsets.

I apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. Unfortunately, as per
    the available details, there is no update available regarding Palm Pre 2
    Handsets . I am unable to provide the details you requested.

I have forwarded your request to our appropriate department, if Sprint
    offers it in the future, you will find the details on Sprint.com and we
    encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web site to see if
    any update occurs regarding Palm Pre 2 Handsets.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. Please let us know if there is
    anything else we may assist you with.

Sincerely,
    Angelina G.
    Sprint
    More of the same in my email box this morning.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    We are all in for a big surprise from sprint... I do think they will eventually get the pre2.
    Dont you work for Sprint?
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Verizon won't have WP7. WP7 is GSM only and Verizon is CDMA. Only AT&T and T-Mobile with have WP7 in the US. Not that it matters. Android is a better choice than WP7.
    False.

Verizon Wireless Won't Sell Microsoft Windows Phone 7 at Start - Bloomberg

Microsoft said in February that U.S. carriers such as AT&T Inc., Verizon, T-Mobile USA and Sprint Nextel Corp. would support the new phones. The company didnít specify when.

Mark Siegel, a spokesman for Dallas-based AT&T, and Cristi Allen, a spokeswoman for Overland Park, Kansas-based Sprint, both said the companies plan to sell phones with the new operating system and also declined to say when.
    WP7 is releasing to GSM first, since it has a broader worldwide market. But CDMA versions will appear in 2011.
    I don't think 4G is an issue, Sprint just added 2 Android devices without 4G. I think they have "Android-Fever" and just aren't interested in Palm products.
    Just saw a rumour on another WebOS website. Apparently Sprint passed over the Pre 2 for another Palm device that blew them away.

Hope it's true!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think Sprint wants a 4G Palm phone. They seem to be moving in that direction for their high-end smartphones...
    +1
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Just saw a rumour on another WebOS website. Apparently Sprint passed over the Pre 2 for another Palm device that blew them away.

Hope it's true!
    At this point, why would anyone believe that? The Pre was supposed to be the one phone to rule them all. It wasn't. Ah, but just had to rush it out the door before it was ready, just wait till the next one. The P+ arrives. Instead of fixing all the issues, it was an intermediate step to the "real" superphone. C40, anyone?

Now, the P2 dribbles out. Oh, but HP bought Palm and screwed up the timing of the release. Besides, this is from the broke Palm. The next one, financed by HP money will be the "real" superphone. And so it goes. How many rounds of releases and excuses does it take?
    I wouldn't expect sprint to pick up the pre 2. The sales were not great on the original pre and without 4g it will make sprint less on monthly subscription fees. Why would they deviate from android?

I know this sucks for the web os beta testers like me. You got to see all the promise of a great OS and got all the flaws of beta hardware. Now unless you can switch carriers, time to find a new smartphone. Hello android ,thanks palm and sprint you made the choice for me.
    Last edited by yaggermr; 11/04/2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: edit
    haha, jesus, relax man its just a phone.

I hope the rumor is true but if nothing comes/announced at the beginning of the year, i'll have to move on. Been holding my upgrade too long.
    I'm absolutely certain that Palm has more phones on the way. I don't have any more info than you, but they're not sitting on their hands. Look, they got 2.0 out, they're not working on that anymore. But they have to be working on something.

My guess is that they're hard at work on 2.5 or, dare I dream, working on 3.0, when the tablet is finally released.

We'll see what happens at CES, but here's my prediction. An updated Pixi, a landscape Pre, and a brand new HP Palm branded phone to blow people away, and a tablet.

And my bet is that if the new phone is 4G, then Sprint's gonna want in.

You heard it here first folks.
    Look, they got 2.0 out, they're not working on that anymore. But they have to be working on something.

You heard it here first folks.
    I think it is a little premature to say that they got 2.0 out. Unless the existing Pre and Pixi owners got 2.0 when I wasn't looking, it is not really out.

But I agree, they must also working on new phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I think it is a little premature to say that they got 2.0 out. Unless the existing Pre and Pixi owners got 2.0 when I wasn't looking, it is not really out.

But I agree, they must also working on new phones.
    To be more specific, all work on 2.0 is now bug fixing, and getting the Exhibition mode into the next update.

Trust me, they're working on 3.0. And my guess, and this is just a guess, is that they're going to finally implement the microphone and give us voice dialing, and a crazy good music player (Nan player anyone?)
    and a crazy good music player (Nan player anyone?)
    Crazy good might be an overstatement. Music Player Remix anyone?
    I talked to a Sprint Tech Rep (not a sales rep) on the phone yesterday. I know, I know! But anyway, he was handling a tech issue with another phone for me. Afterward, I said I had a Palm Pre with an upgrade available and when would Sprint have a new Palm phone out. He asked me to wait, and after a minute came back and said he had a bulletin that said Sprint would have a new Palm phone mid February, 2011.
    That timing after CES makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitworth View Post
    I talked to a Sprint Tech Rep (not a sales rep) on the phone yesterday. I know, I know! But anyway, he was handling a tech issue with another phone for me. Afterward, I said I had a Palm Pre with an upgrade available and when would Sprint have a new Palm phone out. He asked me to wait, and after a minute came back and said he had a bulletin that said Sprint would have a new Palm phone mid February, 2011.
    Works for me! My one-year S|P renewal comes up in March.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitworth View Post
    If that is true and if the new TEP replacement policy works as advertised, that should get us both (my wife and I) over the hump. We are upgrade-eligible have been since August. We both have various defects (missing USB doors, cracked screens, missing volume buttons), but we didn't want to spend the $100 on the deductible not knowing when new phones would be out.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast