Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I think this is new, so I hope I'm not repeating something already posted here. Couldn't find a similar thread.
    Just received a list of new benefits from my AAA membership. One is a 10% discount on Sprint service. I was doubtful they would approve it in addition to my current employer discount, but they did. Requires extending your Sprint contract another 2 years, but if you plan to stay with Sprint, seems like a good deal.

AAA Discount

I'm going to add this url at the top of this thread so others can find it more easily. Evidently my url above does strange things if you are in other areas. Thanks to "ay" below for finding this method of getting to the discount pages.

aaa.com/Sprint
    Last edited by rweiss; 10/20/2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added better url
    I don't know if it's been posted or not but thanks !
    I also discovered they have one for being a member of a credit union, it's also 10% and saves me almost $20 a month.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rweiss View Post
    I think this is new, so I hope I'm not repeating something already posted here. Couldn't find a similar thread.
    Just received a list of new benefits from my AAA membership. One is a 10% discount on Sprint service. I was doubtful they would approve it in addition to my current employer discount, but they did. Requires extending your Sprint contract another 2 years, but if you plan to stay with Sprint, seems like a good deal.

AAA Discount
    Thanks for the post! But what am I missing? When I click the link you provided, I'm forwarded to a listing of savings, but none are for Sprint. Perhaps it's based on the state you're in? I don't see it in NY....The link you posted ends up redirecting me to www.aaa.com redirect. Can you forward the link that you're being directed to? Thanks again for the great post; now if I could only reach the link
    It took me a bit to find it. Go to the link below and click on Sprint, click on redeem now, click on click here for details.

System Upgrade In Progress

Or.......This is where you end up...... "Save 10% on recurring monthly fees on eligible plans for new subscribers with waived activation fee [applies to all lines]. Existing Sprint subscribers save 10% with 2 year contract extension on eligible plans or by adding a new line with a 2 year commitment. Offer also available when calling 1-800-754-6907 or visiting a Sprint corporate store. New account activations through AAA.com will receive a $50 service credit."

If you set this up you dial 222 on your phone to connect to AAA, and they pull your GPS location off your phone, sounds pretty cool to me.
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    It took me a bit to find it. Go to the link below and click on Sprint, click on redeem now, click on click here for details.

System Upgrade In Progress

Or.......This is where you end up...... "Save 10% on recurring monthly fees on eligible plans for new subscribers with waived activation fee [applies to all lines]. Existing Sprint subscribers save 10% with 2 year contract extension on eligible plans or by adding a new line with a 2 year commitment. Offer also available when calling 1-800-754-6907 or visiting a Sprint corporate store. New account activations through AAA.com will receive a $50 service credit."

If you set this up you dial 222 on your phone to connect to AAA, and they pull your GPS location off your phone, sounds pretty cool to me.
    Strange - when I click that link, I'm again re-directed to the AAA NY site, and there's no mention of Sprint there, but I Googled the number you listed (800-754-6907), and that showed me the URL aaa.com/Sprint which got me the offer! Perhaps it's not being marketed in my area, but at least now I can see it! I'll give them a call, and hopefully they can add it to my account. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Strange - when I click that link, I'm again re-directed to the AAA NY site, and there's no mention of Sprint there, but I Googled the number you listed (800-754-6907), and that showed me the URL aaa.com/Sprint which got me the offer! Perhaps it's not being marketed in my area, but at least now I can see it! I'll give them a call, and hopefully they can add it to my account. Thanks!

Good luck in NY. I'm headed to the Corp store today
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Good luck in NY. I'm headed to the Corp store today
    FYI - the customer service agent I dealt with didn't know how to handle it without referring to it as an "employee" discount, even though he saw on his screen that it was for AAA "members". He then got confused and couldn't understand that a AAA "member" and "customer" were the same thing....I think I have it added now, but we'll see when my bill arrives He indicated that it might take up to 60 days for the discount to start appearing on my invoice. Hopefully you'll find someone a little easier to deal with than I did, but it seems to work!
    I went to a Corp store today. They said this will reset your phone upgrade also, so I'm waiting until our phones are eligible to upgrade to add it. On a family plan it's only good on the 2 of the lines.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I went to a Corp store today. They said this will reset your phone upgrade also, so I'm waiting until our phones are eligible to upgrade to add it. On a family plan it's only good on the 2 of the lines.
    I think you got bad advice. The only stipulation I can find right now is that it resets your contract for 2 years -- you just can't drop Sprint. See the last sentence of this paragraph in the contract that I found in the offer.

--
    Term and Early Termination Fee. By accepting this offer, you agree to a new TWO-YEAR term effective immediately. Except for eligible deactivations under our return policy, you agree to pay an EARLY TERMINATION FEE of up to $200 for each line of Service terminated early, in addition to other charges that may have accrued. Contracts starting after 11/2008 are subject to Sprint's prorated ETF policy ($200 through month 5 of term, decreasing $10 a month until a $50 minimum applies to remaining term.) Note: Enrollment in this discount offer does NOT impact handset upgrade eligibility.
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rweiss View Post
    I think you got bad advice. The only stipulation I can find right now is that it resets your contract for 2 years -- you just can't drop Sprint.
    I agree. Sprint didn't say anything to me about resetting my phone upgrade. I can't possibly see how/why they would yank someone's premier status for extending their contract. It seems like you found someone as confused as I did .
    Nope, doesn't reset your upgrade eligibility. I specifically made sure of that, before adding my credit union discount.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It DOES lock you in to another two year contract, but if you are planning on upgrading your phone soon its not really a big deal.