1.    #1  
    That having just gotten my Verizon Palm Pre Plus this past May (a short 5+ months ago) and have loved it thanks in large part to the fine uber-talented folks here at PreCentral, that I could sweet talk (cajole, beg, plead, etc.) them in to allowing me to switch for the Palm Pre 2?

I know = zero to less than zero.

I realize that by the time I could upgrade (Jan 2012), there's likely to be a whole host of new options but I like this phone's form factor. In 2012, I don't want to be having to outfit my car, office and home with a different TS replacement. I would just love to have the beefier hardware specs (and some of the other goodies). Makes me wish I'd have waited, except not because I wouldn't have learned all the stuff I've learned in those 5+ months.

Sigh, what's a gal to do?!
    when you get to the one year point they will generally offer an upgrade at a higher price. Usually about $100 more.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I would overclock to 1ghz if you haven't already and wait for CES. I'm basically in the same boat your in and thats what I'm going to do. I have two upgrades on my family plan and I'm holding off on getting the Pre 2 because I'm hoping for something better down the road.

Asfar as early upgrades go. Aslong as you do not have the least expensive 450 min plan you can upgrade after 10 months. As stated above it will cost you more and you will have to re-up your contract, but the options there. If you have the least expensive plan you can upgrade at 20 months.