View Poll Results: Is enough, enough?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I will still stick my with my Sprint Pre.

    43 57.33%
  • Yes, I have had it. To much time has passed!

    32 42.67%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106
  1. hopfrog's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
       #1  
    All the evidence shows that the Pre2 is coming out 1st on Verizon. Now it would be nice to think that the Pre 2 might come out on Verizon, Sprint, and even AT&T, all at the same time.

    But how realistic is that, really? I can't think of any examples where a phone comes out simultaneously on a lot of American networks. Did HP release its Ipaq phones that way? I'm betting no. Sprint and HP have in all probability decided to abandon all of us who lined up on day one for our Pre's and have supported Palm and the Pre ever since.

    So, the truth is there will probably be at least a six month period of exclusivity with Verizon for the new Pre 2, and the question is how are we going to deal with this fact.
  2. #2  
    I'm going to throw my Pre against a wall, that'll teach em.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3. #3  
    blame sprint, not palm.
  4. mathalomew's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #4  
    I'm not sure we can say its "fact" just yet. It certainly would be a shame if what you say is true, but there's no reason to hit the panic button...yet. I think once CES comes around we'll see that HP/Palm have some things up their sleaves. There's no reason think Palm would make the same mistake they did with the Pre by unveiling an awesome device then releasing it 6 months later. Keep hope alive my friend, we will have new webOS phones in our hands sooner than you think.
  5. #5  
    according to this thread, sprint wil be getting the pre2:

    http://m.forums.precentral.net/futur...-year-end.html
  6. #6  
    Maybe Palm is doing a reversal. this time they will release Pre 2 on Vzn and then the new superphone later on Sprint and Vzn customers have to sit and wait for their turn to upgrade.
  7. #7  
    I'd rather that Sprint get the real device, not the Pre2. The Pre2 is a very minor spec bump. No thanks. Even if Sprint did get the Pre2, I'm not wasting my upgrade for it. I'll wait.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'll waste my upgrade on the Pre 2. My launch day Sprint Pre is falling apart.
  9. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #9  
    Nothing stated is based on any kind of fact
    Dan
  10. #10  
    where is this evidence you speak of? Verizon says novemeber,,sprint says near end of year. Is november not near end of year? Give me a break,lol
  11. hopfrog's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    where is this evidence you speak of? Verizon says novemeber,,sprint says near end of year. Is november not near end of year? Give me a break,lol
    Well, the problem is that we have seen pictures of the Verizon's announcement to employees about training. All we have about Sprint is what one person told us one person told him some people told him. A very weak rumor.

    I was in a Sprint store yesterday, asking about the Pre2 and the Blackberry Torch. They told me that there was no way they'd be getting the Torch until six months after it came out on AT&T, because exclusivity agreements are always that long. They didn't seem to know much about either the Pre or the Torch (typical store reps.), but they said that they assumed that there would also be at least a six month delay for the Pre if it was coming out initially on Verizon.

    When I thought about it, this made sense. It really seems like Sprint Pre owners are grasping at straws, hoping for a simultaneous release--even though phones are in reality never or almost never released on different networks on the same time here in the US.

    So, I'm now preparing for the inevitable let-down when we learn the Pre2 is a Verizon exclusive, and contemplating getting the Torch when it comes out (I have no desire for a non-Pre "Super Phone"). It sucks for me because Sprint is about half the cost of Verizon (I have a 20% discount on Sprint), and I don't think I can justify doubling my phone bill just to get the Pre2. Oh well.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    All the evidence shows that the Pre2 is coming out 1st on Verizon. Now it would be nice to think that the Pre 2 might come out on Verizon, Sprint, and even AT&T, all at the same time.

    But how realistic is that, really? I can't think of any examples where a phone comes out simultaneously on a lot of American networks. Did HP release its Ipaq phones that way? I'm betting no. Sprint and HP have in all probability decided to abandon all of us who lined up on day one for our Pre's and have supported Palm and the Pre ever since.

    So, the truth is there will probably be at least a six month period of exclusivity with Verizon for the new Pre 2, and the question is how are we going to deal with this fact.

    Samsung Galaxy S??

    Vibrant (tmobile), Captivate (AT&T), Epic 4G (Sprint), and the fascinate (Verizon).

    If Samsung can do it, why can't HP?
  13. #13  
    getting po'd based on rumors is kind of funny... Until someone officaily announces it one way or the other, chill.
  14. hopfrog's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dachiefmizzy View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S??

    Vibrant (tmobile), Captivate (AT&T), Epic 4G (Sprint), and the fascinate (Verizon).

    If Samsung can do it, why can't HP?
    Hmm. Thanks, dachiefmizzy. I wasn't aware of those examples. Perhaps they offer a glimmer of hope...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    I'll waste my upgrade on the Pre 2. My launch day Sprint Pre is falling apart.
    But do you want to? Will the Pre 2 just fall apart as well?



    Achill3s speaks the truth. Why waste your upgrade on that when [with any intelligent business sense] there will be more devices to come within the next year]?



    Moreover, could you really blame Sprint if they didn't carry the minor spec bump Pre 2?
    They did a lot of promotion and relied on the Pre a lot and it ended up being a bust. [excessive replacement turnover etc]

    Sprint is a company trying to get rid of bad customer feedback that has plagued them. They have the cheapest prices, the second best network and are trying to build their phone arsenal but are still "known" for having bad customer feedback.
    Taking another risk on a phone [that potentially is going to look like the exact same previous phone] that has just added to the general customer dissatisfaction just seems... well...stupid from a business standpoint.
  16. darencas's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #16  
    It sucks, basically because the sellection is small, there is not much to choose from. N maybe Sprint will wait and carry the 'unicorn' an not the pre2, I just don't know if I can hold much longer.

    Sometimes I feel my pre is falling to pieces, and the next day it's pretty good,...

    Things that are crapping up? Proximity sensor, earpiece (the phone's earpiece) and some sort of buzzing when I'm in a call (a tiny slap and it stops)...i may replace it with my replacement plan but that means $100 to get another pre minus.

    I'll wait, I just need the next gen hardware for yesterday...please HP...do us all a favor and release it NOW.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Treo 750, Sprint Pre, WebOS napkinŠ "in coming months"
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    I'll wait, I just need the next gen hardware for yesterday...please HP...do us all a favor and release it NOW.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I think it's pretty obvious, from the reports on the Palm Pre 2, that its not going to happen.

    Not any time soon.

    In my opinion, its a very stupid move for HPalm because people are getting to the point where they're forced to move.
    Thus, even if they come out with this WebOS Tablet and then eventually a new device [new not just a spec upgrade of the same thing], they won't have any base customers anymore.
  18. #18  
    the title of this thread cracks me up, and reminds me of the hee-haw song that should become the sprint pre owner's theme song:

    "Gloom, despair and agony on me-e!
    Deep dark depression, excessive misery-y!
    If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!
    Gloom, despair and agony on me-e-e!"
  19. #19  
    Hey is Sprint sponsoring an event in the next few weeks that Palm is attending...

    Last I checked Verizon didn't officially say anything, so as I see it Sprint is in the same boat.
  20. #20  
    I wouldn't blame sprint on this one. They go screwed by the first Pre. The return rate was through the roof! This next pre doesn't seem like it's gonna get the general public to excited, so why should sprint take the same risk again. I plan on saving my upgrade for a more attractive Pre successor anyway.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions