View Poll Results: Is enough, enough?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I will still stick my with my Sprint Pre.

43 57.33%
  • Yes, I have had it. To much time has passed!

32 42.67%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cool.

My GPS works well (Sprint service. Do not know if you are one of the others)

I listen to RadioTime A LOT and use my headphones all the time. I have NEVER had the "issue".

You should do just as you say. If your phone is not good enough for your needs, find another. My is terrific and have had no issues. My wife's is great also.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosabilene View Post
    I think it's simple marketing. Sell a basic model 1st then sell a slightly improved model, perhaps in different colors, then introduce the flagship product.

I expect Palm to introduce a 4G phone on Sprint. And that's what I'm waiting for.
    This makes the most sense, especially with Sprint's announcements of 4G coming 11/1 to more major cities (NYC) that Palm would push a higher level PRE 4G on Sprint. But still, I would like Pre 2 available as well. I want whatever Superphone may be coming, but my wife would be more than happy with a Pre 2 to replace her broken down Pre now. And lord knows there are tons of broken down Pre's waiting to be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    meh.....I woke up this morning and THIS is what I found:

My Pre STILL-

Makes / receives phone calls
    Surfs the web
    Texts
    Has a calendar
    Runs my apps (I only have a few)
    Homebrew kernels and patches work
    etc.

So, I put it back in my pocket and got on with my day.

Just another perspective.
    While that is ok, I am also sitting on an yearly upgrade (one of the reasons I moved to Sprint). It is time for me to switch phones and if Sprint doesn't have the next webOS phone I will switch to Android. That is one LESS customer for HP.
    For those of you claiming that the Pre2 is a "waste" of an upgrade, I will submit that the Pre2 device by all rumor indications could be the last webOS device with a hardware keyboard for quite a while. For someone like me who is really happy with my Pre (minus), all I really need is a faster processor and more RAM. I would gladly waste my upgrade on a Pre2.
    So today HP announced WebOS 2.0 and the Pre 2. It is coming to France on Oct 22, and the States "in the coming months" (Verizon has first dibbs) so to original Sprint Pre owners I ask. Is this the straw that breaks the camels back? Have you had enough of waiting and waiting with no end in site of new hardware or just a bit of information. Participate in the poll and I will post it on Palms facebook page.
    No Pre for Sprint! Now aint that a bxtch. Like many others I've had my pre since June and now palm wants to fail us. They need to give this shxt away for free to everyone who got their pre in the month of June. Why would they do that?

Verizon- ANDROID
    At&t- IPHONE & WP7
    Sprint- WEBOS? NO, THIS IS SOME BULLSHXT.
    Hey, just wanted to post something Palm put on their facebook page:

"Hi Jason, Nick, Frank and others. Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it. Carriers in the United States determine which phones they offer their subscribers. If you'd like Sprint to carry a new Palm webOS phone, let them know. They... have a contact page on their corporate website, and a fan page here on Facebook:
    Sprint - Contact Us
    http://www.facebook.com/sprint"

So basically the Palm Pre2 is not coming to Sprint not because Palm didn't want it to, but because Sprint doesnt want it!

So go and yell at Sprint if you want it on that carrier!!
    I'll wait for my next WebOS/Palm item with Sprint. I'm not switching to Verizon (costs too much money) and while I think I'd be happy with the Epic I love my Pre and it still works great.
    According to Palm on their facebook page, this is Sprints doing

"Hi Jason, Nick, Frank and others. Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it. Carriers in the United States determine which phones they offer their subscribers. If you'd like Sprint to carry a new Palm webOS phone, let them know. They... have a contact page on their corporate website, and a fan page here on Facebook:
    Sprint - Contact Us

Apparently Palm approached Sprint about the Palm Pre2 and Sprint turned them down...
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Sprint - Contact Us

Apparently Palm approached Sprint about the Palm Pre2 and Sprint turned them down...
    My guess is that Sprint wanted Palm to put out a 4G handset, but Palm is not ready or willing to do that. Too bad. Definitely not switching to Verizon to stay with WebOs. Will just run the Sprint Pre into the ground and wait for the pieces to fall where they may.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Sprint - Contact Us

One of the people Palm was referring to in that was me, and no where did I understand that they approached Sprint about the Pre 2. HPalm is just as much at fault here as Sprint is. However, I give Sprint slack because they have treated me so well over the years. Palm however, has given me no information about anything for quite some time so I am down on them at the moment.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    I don't care about the corporate chess match.
    What I do care about is having a phone that actually works, sure I would love a new Palm phone but for now I am locked in with Sprint, so when I become eligible for a upgrade in about a moth or so, I will get whatever phone meet my needs, I still hold out hope that Palm/Sprint might work something out by then, but if not then I'll leave Palm in my rearview mirror.
    When my contract is up with Sprint then I'll review my options again and might go back to Verizon if the new Palm gets rave reviews, but that is still 13 months down the road...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    blame sprint, not palm.
    I disagree. I think if Palm had come out with an amazing device that had a bigger screen, was thinner, had 4G, a front facing camera and better battery life, Sprint would have said yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    My guess is that Sprint wanted Palm to put out a 4G handset, but Palm is not ready or willing to do that. Too bad. Definitely not switching to Verizon to stay with WebOs. Will just run the Sprint Pre into the ground and wait for the pieces to fall where they may.
    Does a 3.1" crap resolution device really need 4G?

I could understand if Sprint said "give us a device worthy of being on 4G" Palm obviously can't deliver on that.
  15. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    No Palm Pre 2 for Sprint?

All original launch day Sprint Pre users express your GREAT frustration in this thread:

lol
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    oh darn
    lol...Relax guys... The only things that we are truly missing is Skype, 5 MP Cam and a glass screen. As far as the 1GHZ goes.....You know the story about that one. We have some amazing devs here too. We've being running at 1ghz for about 5 months and counting now. This isnt new to us. Super device next year anyone???

Now, wipe the tears and lets have a PARRRRRRRRTAYYYYYY!

but on the bright side I'm sure we'll get something at ces

edit: you may be able to overclock, but, you can't add more ram and get rid of the tmc error
    Last edited by mindonmillions08; 10/19/2010 at 12:48 PM.
  20. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    lol...Relax guys... The only things that we are truly missing is Skype, 5 MP Cam and a glass screen. As far as the 1GHZ goes.....You know the story about that one. We have some amazing devs here too. We've being running at 1ghz for about 5 months and counting now. This isnt new to us. Super device next year anyone???

Now, wipe the tears and lets have a PARRRRRRRRTAYYYYYY!
    What about more RAM? Some of our Pre's are getting worn out and I'd rather not go to Sprint for a new Pre minus. Would you?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast